offseason study

1billsfan

If I were the Bills coaching staff I'd give JP Losman a DVD of Tom Brady's passing attempts the last four seasons. I'd also give him a DVD of John Elway's, Brett Favre's and Kurt Warner's passing attempts of their last two best seasons. Showing Losman what he did wrong this past season is fine but he needs to see what real time decision making looks like from the best guys in the NFL over the past 10 years.

As for Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish, they needs to study up on Steve Smith's techniques. Give them a DVD of all of Smith's plays for the entire 2005 season.

For McGahee, I'd give him a DVD of Walter Payton. Show him why the stiff arm was and is still a fierce weapon for a runningback. Payton never had a good line yet still had an HOF career.

I really hope these guys are primed to help this franchise turn the corner towards another run of glory years.

If I were the Bills coaching staff I'd give JP Losman a DVD of Tom Brady's passing attempts the last four seasons. I'd also give him a DVD of John Elway's, Brett Favre's and Kurt Warner's passing attempts of their last two best seasons. Showing Losman what he did wrong this past season is fine but he needs to see what real time decision making looks like from the best guys in the NFL over the past 10 years.

As for Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish, they needs to study up on Steve Smith's techniques. Give them a DVD of all of Smith's plays for the entire 2005 season.

For McGahee, I'd give him a DVD of Walter Payton. Show him why the stiff arm was and is still a fierce weapon for a runningback. Payton never had a good line yet still had an HOF career.

I really hope these guys are primed to help this franchise turn the corner towards another run of glory years.

600491[/snapback]

And possibly give the entire offense a DVD of the blocking that protected potential foes from Brady, Elway, Farve, Smith, and Payton.

Guest BackInDaDay

Your heart's in the right place, but Losman's gotta take his licks and get acustomed to the speed and flow of the game. That comes from playing, which, unless Marv's figuring on unloading the kid in the off-season, he will get. The team's got too much invested in him to let him linger without getting a chance to up his value - either as a Bill, or as a trade bait.

Evans is a talented player. I can't begin to guess at the coaching he'll receive from our new staff, but he'll make them look pretty smart. :pirate:

McGahee's gonna have to learn that the league owes him nothing and if he wants to talk the talk, well, you know the rest. Hopefully Jauron finds a way to get him outside this season, where he dominates CBs.

What is this, "School of Rock?"

"For Blondie, Blondie.

For Lawrence, Yes. That's the name of the band.

Listen to the keyboard solo on "Roundabout".

It will blow the classical music out your butt.

OK, for you, Rush, 2112. Neil Peart,

one of the great drummers of all time. Study up."

Your heart's in the right place, but Losman's gotta take his licks and get acustomed to the speed and flow of the game.  That comes from playing, which, unless Marv's figuring on unloading the kid in the off-season, he will get.

600514[/snapback]

I agree. JP spent plenty of study time with Wyche last off-season, but still had problems acclimating to the speed of the NFL when training camp rolled around. No way to solve that problem except thorough lots of reps.

But just thowing JP to the wolves in the second half of last season behind that porous O-Line wasn't the answer, either, as all that would've done is create bad habits that would have to be un-learned. Most of the dud-QB draft choices over the years probably had more harm done to their careers by poor O-line play than than anything else.

Those interior O-line holes have to be plugged to give JP time to stand in the pocket and learn to read defenses. Otherwise, this thing's gonna have problems turning around.

Your heart's in the right place, but Losman's gotta take his licks and get acustomed to the speed and flow of the game.  That comes from playing, which, unless Marv's figuring on unloading the kid in the off-season, he will get.  The team's got too much invested in him to let him linger without getting a chance to up his value - either as a Bill, or as a trade bait.

600514[/snapback]

While you may well be right, Losman is going to be spending his offseason doing something, and it's not like he can play in NFL games over the winter and spring. Studying film of Tom Brady, Brett Favre, etc. won't hurt, and might help.

Guest BackInDaDay
While you may well be right, Losman is going to be spending his offseason doing something, and it's not like he can play in NFL games over the winter and spring. Studying film of Tom Brady, Brett Favre, etc. won't hurt, and might help.

600690[/snapback]

Well I gotta give you credit for having a little self-restraint.

I would've expected a JP should study, what's his name, Cutler?, response. :doh:

I give you credit kid, you're a bulldog. ;)

600491[/snapback]

Do you think the Tom Emanski films will do him any good?I mean if he can produce back to back AAU national championships and have the support of Fred McGriff than I say why not give it a shot.

Losman should study, but he should also get ready to play. Only Mularky would bench him for Holcomb and a 5-11 season. Maybe he will get it all right away, maybe it will take some time, maybe he won't get it. But he better get 16 starts in 2006.

The WR are fine, and will be fine. Not that they can't study and be coached, but they aren't our problem.

McGahee will be fine too. Remember he was doing pretty well until Mularky told him to shut up instead of backing him. Willis shouldn't have gone south after that, but with that lack of respect from his coach, no stretching the defense with 2-yard dump holcumb, our crappy o-line, and 3rd and goal Shelton, and not much to play for, it was easy to get off track. I think we play JPL and improve our line, play calling, and coaching motivation skills, and Willis will continue on his path to greatness.