How much would it take to sign Lecharles Bentley

I believe that the Bills will have to over pay ANY FA that they sign this off season.

I realize I may be over negative but, if I was a Bentley, why the Heck would I come to Buffalo?

Coaches come through buffalo like a winter cold, questions at the QB position, a Rookie GM and a team that has a history of under achieving.

If I'm the Bills I do whatever it takes to sign Bentley the first day of FA. Even if it take overpaying him by 1 Mill a year. Use him as PR to sign the other FAs that the Bills need.

The Bills need to send a message to the players in the league that they are serious about turning this team around.

I believe that the Bills will have to over pay ANY FA that they sign this off season.

I realize I may be over negative but, if I was a Bentley, why the Heck would I come to Buffalo? 

Coaches come through buffalo like a winter cold, questions at the QB position, a Rookie GM and a team that has a history of under achieving. 

If I'm the Bills I do whatever it takes to sign Bentley the first day of FA.  Even if it take overpaying him by 1 Mill a year.  Use him as PR to sign the other FAs that the Bills need. 

The Bills need to send a message to the players in the league that they are serious about turning this team around.

598447[/snapback]

That was a problem that the B'gals faced for several years. Other than LB Kevin Hardy, most of their FA acquisitions came for the $$$ and went through the motions.

Hell he's played for New Orleans hasn't he? I'm still thinking most players would rather play for buffalo than NO and probably a boat load of other teams. Also by all acounts many players love DJ and really love playing for him. And I really think we are underestimating the value of Marv when it comes to players looking at the Bills.

Though the points about coaching and staff turnover are valid ones, the Bills have been considered one of the very best player-friendly organizations in the league for a good 10 to 12 years now. The facilities are among the better ones around as well. There are more examples to reflect upon of players coming here for a tad less than there are of over-paying for them.

Guest BackInDaDay
If I'm the Bills I do whatever it takes to sign Bentley the first day of FA.  Even if it take overpaying him by 1 Mill a year. 

598447[/snapback]

I hope for your sake Ralph doesn't see this.

It'll kill 'im!

You want that on your conscience?

Do ya?

:(

If I'm the Bills I do whatever it takes to sign Bentley the first day of FA.  Even if it take overpaying him by 1 Mill a year.  Use him as PR to sign the other FAs that the Bills need. 

598447[/snapback]

I wouldn't overpay for him. You can tell him that he will start right away at center for us and he'll get respectable money. But if it's about overpaying for him, I'd say forget it.

Any player that has to be overpayed to be willing to play here is not someone I want on the team and probably not one of the character players Marv was talking about.

If a player has to be overpayed that means they did not want ot be there in the first place and are a me first kind of player.

We have a coach that players like playing for (Ted Washington is under contract right now and says he would want to come back and play for him, if that means anything to anybody), a new GM that players liked playing for and had respect for as a head coach, and many players who are respected around the league and a team that only needs to patch a few holes to become competitive again. (replace Pat Williams, a healthy TKO, and maybe a few more players on the defence and we could be ranked in the top 5 again, fix the offensive line and a pick the better QB from training camp to start the year and we will have a good offence)

The media and fellow posters on here seem to really enjoy blowing everything out of proportion around here.

Look at another Buffalo team in the area, the Sabres, They had a bunch of holes on the team to fill, Coach and GM that people wanted torun out of town, and an Owner who is now in prison and forced the team to go bankrupt a few years ago and they now have a team that could go very deep into the playoffs.

Guest BackInDaDay
I like Marv, too, but if you think players will look at Marv as a "deciding" factor in coming to Buffalo............

598572[/snapback]

Obviously, you've never seen Marv in his little red shorts. :lol: