Worst Super Bowl Ever?

Red Dragon

There were a lot of things that sucked and went wrong yesterday for such a high-profile event. But in three months some of us are going to be begging for a crappy live football game. Cuz I'll take a crappy live football game over the offseason any day of the year.

A bad football game and a bad blowjob. You know what they have in common? Neither of them exist.

597150[/snapback]

Yes they do. And I don't want to watch either....

1. Do you really believe the "fix" was on? 

2. I have to agree with the Dragon, the NCAA brand of football surpasses the watered down product that is forced down our throats. 

3. Anyway - I'll keep watching, but no longer really look forward to it like I used to...

597091[/snapback]

1. NO.

2. If the NCAA can ever get their stojan together and give us a IA playoff system, the NFL would really have something to worry about. Until then it is a farce even in the entertaining sense.

3. It is still the best professional sports league going, hands down there is nothing close. Of course I too will still keep watching, but the NFL playoffs do lack the emotional build up you get in the NHL and MLB.

The Giants were not allowed to win because Eli was to young to be there just yet. Once he starts selling more jerseys, and merchandising warrents it he will get all the help the NFL can give him.

597095[/snapback]

Not to mention that they got their fuzzy asses handed to them at home by a Carolina team that beat them in every single phase of the game. Damn those crooked refs! :blush:

One of the worst ever.  Pitt played like sh--, Seattle played like sh--, the Refs are corrupt and inept, dropped passes, piss poor coaching by Holmgren, horrible halftime show, horrible announcing, horrible rendition of our national anthem, just a !@#$ing horrible game to watch...

597051[/snapback]

You forgot to mention Tom Brady doing the coin toss! What a friggin' Brady LoveFest joke, having an active player from another NFL team flipping the coin... when has that ever happened before?

And speaking of NFL-sanctioned LoveFests... don't you think that Jerome Bettis and Tedy Bruschi ought to have a baby together or something? I mean, we just haven't heard enough about them - we want MORE!!!

1. NO.

2. If the NCAA can ever get their stojan together and give us a IA playoff system, the NFL would really have something to worry about. Until then it is a farce even in the entertaining sense.

3. It is still the best professional sports league going, hands down there is nothing close. Of course I too will still keep watching, but the NFL playoffs do lack the emotional build up you get in the NHL and MLB.

597199[/snapback]

I'll agree - especially on number 2. If the NCAA can put that together - the emotion of a major bowl game coupled with a do or die bracket system...would be increadible.

I am a casual collage BB fan - but the March Madness keeps me coming for more. I love football and could not imagine the excitement that a NCAA 1A Bowl tourney would bring....

For my memory, the worst actual games were:

1. SB 24 - 49ers blast Denver (glad we were bickering that year)

2. SB 27 - Dallas rapes Buffalo (how many turnovers?)

3. SB 20 - Bears maul Patroits (was there any doubt)

4. SB 29 - 49ers destroy Chargers (talk about a mis-match)

5. SB 18 - Raiders beat down Redskins

These are so many other bad one it is difficult to pick:

Because the Bills lost SB 25-28 all suck but two were decent games.

Best SB's were:

1. SB 32 - Denver beat GB

2. SB 13 - Pittsburgh edges Dallas

3. SB 36 - NE edges Rams

4. SB 38 - NE beats Carolina

5. SB 14 - Pittsburgh beats Rams (game was closer than most thought)

Can't put SB 25 in there because we lost, too much pain involved...

The first SB I remember was SB 12, when Dallas riped Denver 27-10, I was 9, I wasn't alive for the 1st 3 but my dad was at the championchip game where KC destroyed Buffalo to go to SB1.

Can't put SB 25 in there because we lost

The first SB I remember was SB 12 when Dallas riped Denver 27-10.

598349[/snapback]

Sucked for us Bill's fans, but arguably one the best Super Bowls ever. Wish the Bills has had the usual two weeks to prepair (things got moved up because of the First Gulf War). I'd also be inclined to put SB 34 as one of the best with the Titans coming up a yard short at the end, avenging the debacle in music city.

I don't see how any SB can be worse than the 3 the pats won. Anything is better than seeing Tom Brady's ugly face everywhere.

I actaully enjoyed this game though. I don't think the ref's cheated, as everyone thinks. They did their best. Their best just happened to help out Pitt... a lot. Whatever though.. it was a good game that was close until the 4th. I had fun watching it.

None of the participants deserved to be a part of the Super Bowl. Those doing the pregame hype sure didn't deserve to be part of the biggest game of the year. Nor did the Steelers, with the pathetic passing game they put on display. Nor the Seahawks, with their dropped passes, poor punts, and other things you'd expect from a 6-10 team. The officiating crew clearly didn't look like it deserved to be part of the Super Bowl. The halftime show stunk; and none of its participants looked like they deserved to be there.

Whoever was in charge of putting this Super Bowl together deserves to be shot and buried in an unmarked grave. It was an absolute disgrace, from start to finish.

That is why HOCKEY is first in my book. A way better, fast, exciting game with no where near the amount of commercials I have to sit thru!

This SuperBore sucked horse balls and so does the NFL. :lol:

Oh yeah, one more thing.... The league just couldn't get away from having Tom Brady in there for the coin toss huh? Had to have something PATRIOTS didn't they?? Freakin' disgusting!!

It was the worst I can remember. Just how it was played was embarrassing. It was like the two teams were playing a meaningless exhibition.

And combining that with how god awful Roethlisberger was and the officiating and it was just brutal to watch.

Neither team looked like the best out of their own conference. Shame on the Colts.

That is why HOCKEY is first in my book. A way better, fast, exciting game with no where near the amount of commercials I have to sit thru!

This SuperBore sucked horse balls and so does the NFL.  :lol:

Oh yeah, one more thing.... The league just couldn't get away from having Tom Brady in there for the coin toss huh? Had to have something PATRIOTS didn't they?? Freakin' disgusting!!

598967[/snapback]

Amen to that. LMAO at the Brady comment. Sadly, he had a better game than the two QBs.