Tough to be a Seahawk fan...

Mark Vader

First the Testaverde Touchdown, that knocked them out of the playoffs.

Now the Roethlisberger Touchdown that will forever haunt them in Super Bowl history.

596030[/snapback]

The TD that will haunt them is the one to Jackson that was called back. Or the pass to Stevens inside the 5 that was called back on a phantom holding call.

First the Testaverde Touchdown, that knocked them out of the playoffs.

Now the Roethlisberger Touchdown that will forever haunt them in Super Bowl history.

596030[/snapback]

Even if Rothlisberger isn't given the TD, the ball is at the 1 inch line and more than likely they're gonna get it on the next play.

There were a few times where I thought that Seattle was getting some marginal calls, but they had too many dropped passes for me to put the blame on the shoulder of the officials.

The Steeler's 75 yard TD run and later a TD pass by a wide receiver had nothing to do with officiating.

The officials weren't the deciding factor. The Steelers out-played and out-coached the Seahawks.

Anyway, the replay showed the ball crossing the white endzone line.

Even if Rothlisberger isn't given the TD, the ball is at the 1 inch line and more than likely they're gonna get it on the next play.

Doubt it, it was a 3rd down play if I remember correctly, so they would have kicked a field goal.

The officials weren't the deciding factor. The Steelers out-played and out-coached the Seahawks.

Not sure what game you were watching, but from my perch, the Seahwaks moved the ball with ease.

Anyway, the replay showed the ball crossing the white endzone line.

596083[/snapback]

I need your eyes. I was watching that game on a 60 inch TV in HD, and 10 people all said it was NOT a touchdown.

that touchdown was close, but even if it wasn't on 4th and goal on the one inch line I think they would have went for it rather than a field goal in the biggest game of the year.

Its funny how Bills fans always jump to blame the officials immediately for being the deciding factor in the game (I will agree there were a couple bad calls). Were the officals dropping balls all night or not using THE NFLS TOP RUSHER and continuing to run passing plays all night? Where was Alexander? 95 total yards? Bills fans are always the first to say you have to establish the run to be successful, and seeing as how that is what got Seattle to the big game, I don't understand why they didn't run more.

It doesn't have to cross completely. It just needs to touch the line to be called a TD.

596275[/snapback]

Agreed - but it didn't touch either.

Now I'll give the refs the benefit of the doubt on that play. I had the benefit of a 100" HD screen, and it clearly didn't touch the white line. However, I can't imagine that they have that great a screen "under the hood," so fine...

But the other calls? 15 yards for tackling the ball carrier? A couple of phantom holding calls (one on the PR, one of the reception at the 1 yard line)? A crappy PI penalty? Pittsburgh only had one penalty the entire game, excluding two false starts on their first drive? Sounds a little strange to me...

CW