Given a chance

Mile High

I don't know about anyone else, but if given the choice between the 2, I'd take being in the HOF over a SB ring.  Ideally having both would be nice, but being a HOF'er means you're a special player, whereas a lot of non-special players have a SB ring.

594838[/snapback]

Interesting. I think I would rather have a superbowl. I also listened to an interview earlier in the week with TD (Terrel Davis) and he said that he would much rather have his rings.

If Thurman wants a Superbowl ring he can get one - just join the staff of a upcoming team. Not only players get rings but coaches, assistants, front office, etc. Rings are overrated for even backup players who do not even play in game get one.

If Thurman wants a Superbowl ring he can get one - just join the staff of a upcoming team. Not only players get rings but coaches, assistants, front office, etc. Rings are overrated for even backup players who do not even play in game get one.

594939[/snapback]

Must you bring up RJ ? :lol:

Interesting.  I think I would rather have a superbowl.  I also listened to an interview earlier in the week with TD (Terrel Davis) and he said that he would much rather have his rings.

594842[/snapback]

So you'd choose to be Antowain Smith over Barry Sanders? Winning is great but I think I'd rather be remembered once I'm gone. Nobody is going to know who the hell Smith is 10 years from now.

594939[/snapback]

I get the idea he meant as a player who was important to his team's success. :lol:

Winning is great  but I think I'd rather be remembered once I'm gone.  Nobody is going to know who the hell Smith is 10 years from now.

594997[/snapback]

75 years from now, the only people who will remember Thurman or any of the 2006 HOF members are their aging children and grandchildren, who would have remembered them anyway. By that time there will be 1000 players in the HOF and only a few of them will remain relevant or recognizable.

75 years from now, the only people who will remember Thurman or any of the 2006 HOF members are their aging children and grandchildren, who would have remembered them anyway.  By that time there will be 1000 players in the HOF and only a few of them will remain relevant or recognizable.

595043[/snapback]

Like 30 years ago - Len Ford ?

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?PLAYER_ID=69