At $2.5M for 30 seconds, it'd better be good

UConn James

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my problem is that i'm discussing the stones concurrently in this thread and the game thread... i mentioned over there that mick sounds awful, but the guitar work is decent. I especially enjoyed ron wood on the steel slide guitar during rough justice. the stones are one of my top 5 bands (dead, stones, beatles, doors, and zeppelin). i can't rank that list, but they're in it.

8:20pm

And they're throwing a bone to the affiliates it looks like. Nothing here to interrupt a trip to the bathroom for.

And thank you JSP, for using a Bruce Dickinson quote in your sig that doesn't involves the word 'cowbell'. (because it's from the REAL Bruce Bruce).

8:34pm and Firefox cocks up my system again

1) Ameriquest, not as funny as the first

2) Herro Moto, a cellphone that looks like a rock on the beach. Wow, how cool is that. Just what I always wanted.

3) Some other boring thing I already forgot.

8:41pm and I'm reminded of why I hate the Steelers, because they're such a bunch of punk-ass bitches

1) More budweiser I'm sure. Sigh.

2) Fabio. Uh oh, this has to be a joke. And... it is. Nationwide. Nice.

3) More NFL self-stroking.

8:49pm

1) Gojira vs Ultraman? Oh great, like Tokyo doesn't have enough problems. A pretty pointless commercial for a $42K stationwagon that rides like crap, i.e. the H3.

2) Practical Solutions. What the hell was that, and why should I care? You lost me at hello.

1) Gojira vs Ultraman? Oh great, like Tokyo doesn't have enough problems. A pretty pointless commercial for a $42K stationwagon that rides like crap, i.e. the H3.

595389[/snapback]

Actually, that's an old commercial. Not even originally for the H3, they just dusted it off and re-aired it. Apparently they spent so much on the slot they didn't have any cash to film a new commercial...which shows you how well the American auto industry is doing... :lol:

8:55pm

1) Careerbuilder.com and the Crap-Throwing Monkeys. I wonder on TSW who likes that spot?

2) Taco Bell finds completely new way to combine their 6 ingredients: Rice, beans, alleged beef, salsa, sour cream and cheez.

3) Slim-fast. Who cares.

Cousins, even first cousins, is no big deal in Japan. Hell, in some of the prefectures even 14-year-olds are open season.

9:01pm Go Hawks!

1) Re-introduction the miracle of Il-lusion. Yes, this razor presents the Il-lusion of performing better than a 99 cent razor. Suckers.

2) Any commercial that starts with The Cult's Wildflower gets my attention. But then they lost it switching to some whiny New Wavey crap.

3) I predict that this particular pick-em-up truck commercial will not be popular in Phuket or Kuala Lumpur. (Yes, that's a tidal wave joke, but I think it's been over a year so it's fair game)

9:14pm Since I don't like the Clash.

1) Yakov Smirnov has a cell phone. What a country. My God, did that little bald guy outlive Benny Hill?

Local spot time.

2) Range Rover. Enjoy it for the few days it's not in the shop.

3) E-trade. Blah blah blah.

4) Geico. The Kiwi Gecko. This one is getting old, and I can't understand what he's saying half the time anyway.

Hey, an EMP. Cool.

4) Geico. The Kiwi Gecko. This one is getting old, and I can't understand what he's saying half the time anyway.

595449[/snapback]

The gecko gimmick is overdone...but aside from that those commercials still show a high level of creativity. A commercial featuring the gecko in a talk-show format explaining how people won't realize they're watching a commercial? Nicely and subtly ironic. Geico's got some good ad people working for them.

Better than !@#$ing Burger King, at least. Women dressed as tomatos flying through streams of water? :lol:

9:23 and the fix is in.

1) Degree. Meh.

2) I don't even know what that was.

3) I don't even care what that was.

This is a bunch of bull sh--. Phantom holding on a big play. 15 yard personal foul for tackling. Unreal. Nice job NFL. You've convinced me that New England was ordained by NFL marketing from on high to win, and would be 0-for-4 in a league that isn't fixed.

Seattle, they stole it from you and you know it.