High character-lol

nuklz2594

For every Bible thumping, do-gooder on each team, there is always a problem child or two. This buullshit of Marv only taking high character people is comical. James Lofton was convicted of rape. That's why Green Bay got rid of him. Bruce Smith was always crying about something and constantly in trouble with the law.

For every Bible thumping, do-gooder on each team, there is always a problem child or two.  This buullshit of Marv only taking high character people is comical.  James Lofton was convicted of rape.  That's why Green Bay got rid of him.  Bruce Smith was always crying about something and constantly in trouble with the law.

592807[/snapback]

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but Bruce was drafted before Marv got to Buffalo, and I think most would agree that whatever Lofton's prior issues were, he got his act together and was considered a "high character" guy by the time he came to the Bills.

For every Bible thumping, do-gooder on each team, there is always a problem child or two.  This buullshit of Marv only taking high character people is comical.  James Lofton was convicted of rape.  That's why Green Bay got rid of him.  Bruce Smith was always crying about something and constantly in trouble with the law.

592807[/snapback]

This really didn't need another thread.

BTW, Kelly (according to many) regularly hit women...so there's that.

I believe Marv cares about FOOTBALL character. Are you there for your fellow players? Do you do your job day in and day out? Are you a good/honest/upfront person day-to-day?

I don't think Marv would EVER tolereate a TO type or a Moss type. He plays his ass off (I'll give him that), but he undermines and attacks fellow players on a regular basis. TO is ONLY about TO. Perhaps the most selfish player I've ever seen. (But, the guy CAN play, and does so almost every down when he's in.)

Moss is better in the locker room than TO, but he doesn't play every down and, when he's not helping the team by making a great play, he's often hurting the team by taking the down off. (But, when he wants to, the guy CAN play.)

So, does Marv look for a boyscout? IMO, no. Does Marv want to avoid obvious character problems that impact the team? I'd say "Yes".

i don't see the correlation between "Bible thumping" and high-character.

Look at Pat Robertson.  Mega Bible Thumper but very low character

And Marv definitely isn't a Bible Thumper.  Maybe a Torah Thumper :huh:

592827[/snapback]

I think Pat robertson is a VERY high character guy.

Sincerely,

Jim Baker