I want a Garbage Plate

Just Jack

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure... I'll take one.

Can you FedEx a plate to New Zealand for me???

I'll also take a couple Bill Grays cheeseburgers and a bottle or two of Sal's Sauce.

Mmmm... Rochester food...

591523[/snapback]

Wow, I don't feel so bad now lol.....you poor bastard! :doh:

Wow, I don't feel so bad now lol.....you poor bastard!  :doh:

591524[/snapback]

Oh, don't feel back for me. I'll be leaving the office in a couple hours to go camping again this weekend in Abel Tasman National Park. (Heaven) I'm sure that the wife has packed some good eats for the barbie.

But a package of Zweigle sausages would really hit the spot.

Or some Don and Bobs Onion rings...

Oh, don't feel back for me.  I'll be leaving the office in a couple hours to go camping again this weekend in Abel Tasman National Park.  (Heaven)  I'm sure that the wife has packed some good eats for the barbie.

But a package of Zweigle sausages would really hit the spot.

Or some Don and Bobs Onion rings...

591535[/snapback]

So what are you doing way over there anyway?

So what are you doing way over there anyway?

591538[/snapback]

I'm loving life... that's what I'm doing.

I moved here this past August to find a simpler, quieter way of life for my wife and kids. (Things are getting a little too "Weird" back there for us.)

Anyway... I found paradise here in New Zealand.

Here's where we're going this afternoon. (1 hour from here.)

I moved here this past August to find a simpler, quieter way of life for my wife and kids.  (Things are getting a little too "Weird" back there for us.)

Here's where we're going this afternoon.  (1 hour from here.)

591549[/snapback]

omg, that's beautiful.....I know this sounds stupid, but ever since I saw the film "Whale Rider" I've been curious about that place. Do you consider that your permanent home now?

I moved here this past August to find a simpler, quieter way of life for my wife and kids.  (Things are getting a little too "Weird" back there for us.)

Here's where we're going this afternoon.  (1 hour from here.)

591549[/snapback]

what do you do for a living ? and how often do you gat back to the states ? do your kids go to an english school ? tell us more . please

omg, that's beautiful.....I know this sounds stupid, but ever since I saw the film "Whale Rider" I've been curious about that place. Do you consider that your permanent home now?

591555[/snapback]

Yes.

It was a helluva tough thing to do.

We sold our house and everything we owned, said goodbye to everything and everyone we've known and stepped out into the unknown.

After only 5 months... we all agree that we never want to leave. We're still working on the residency stuff, but it's just a matter of time.

New Zealand is everything that we ever wanted, and has none of the crap that we are trying to escape from.

Yes.

It was a helluva tough thing to do.

We sold our house and everything we owned, said goodbye to everything and everyone we've known and stepped out into the unknown.

After only 5 months... we all agree that we never want to leave.  We're still working on the residency stuff, but it's just a matter of time.

New Zealand is everything that we ever wanted, and has none of the crap that we are trying to escape from.

591568[/snapback]

Wow....I really admire you for taking such a big step like that. As hard as it was, it must have also been pretty damn exciting! What are the hospitals like there?

Wow....I really admire you for taking such a big step like that. As hard as it was, it must have also been pretty damn exciting!  What are the hospitals like there?

591570[/snapback]

Hospitals? Nelson (where I live) has one main Hospital. I've never need inside, but I've heard good things.

A couple points...

- Whale Rider was filmed on the North Island. Go and watch The Lord of The Rings trilogy. A lot of these films were filmed here on the South Island. (Much larger Mountains, Fjords, etc.)

- I work as an Engineer for the City of Nelson. (I was here on vacation last March and dropped off a resume at City Hall. Next thing I know... I have a job offer in June, and we were all here in August.)

- Yes, my son started school here in September and is now on Summer vacation. He's in the first grade and loves it. (I'll never forget seeing him singing "Jingle Bells" for the schools Christmas show in a t-shirt, shorts, bare feet and santa hat.)

My daughter is only two.

Hospitals? Nelson (where I live) has one main Hospital.  I've never need inside, but I've heard good things.

A couple points...

- Whale Rider was filmed on the North Island.  Go and watch The Lord of The Rings trilogy.  A lot of these films were filmed here on the South Island.  (Much larger Mountains, Fjords, etc.)

- I work as an Engineer for the City of Nelson.  (I was here on vacation last March and dropped off a resume at City Hall.  Next thing I know... I have a job offer in June, and we were all here in August.)

- Yes, my son started school here in September and is now on Summer vacation.  He's in the first grade and loves it.  (I'll never forget seeing him singing "Jingle Bells" for the schools Christmas show in a t-shirt, shorts, bare feet and santa hat.)

My daughter is only two.

591588[/snapback]

That's interesting, cause when I was first trying to figure out whether to continue for a PhD in psych or get my BSN and become a 'Focker', I talked with a guy RN who was from the states but took a job in NZ. I guess I had never really thought about what it was like out there, but that was the first time it really crossed my mind with regard to the standard of living in that country. Is there a predominant religion?

That's interesting, cause when I was first trying to figure out whether to continue for a PhD in psych or get my BSN and become a 'Focker', I talked with a guy RN who was from the states but took a job in NZ. I guess I had never really thought about what it was like out there, but that was the first time it really crossed my mind with regard to the standard of living in that country. Is there a predominant religion?

591591[/snapback]

Predominant religion? NZ was settled by the British in the 1840's and brought with them the Anglican Church. As far as predominant goes, no... there's a lot of little churches around here. (Christian mainly)

Kiwis are VERY open to all types of people and ideas. It was such a breath of fresh air coming here from post 9-11 America where fear and intolerance has been pumped into the polulace.)

Predominant religion?  NZ was settled by the British in the 1840's and brought with them the Anglican Church.  As far as predominant goes, no... there's a lot of little churches around here.  (Christian mainly)

Kiwis are VERY open to all types of people and ideas.  It was such a breath of fresh air coming here from post 9-11 America where fear and intolerance has been pumped into the polulace.)

591601[/snapback]

You might be able to tell that I find what you did to be absolutely fascinating....I think Mead feels the same way! It's almost inspiring to hear some of this stuff.....a big part of me wants to just up and leave for NZ right now, lol.

You might be able to tell that I find what you did to be absolutely fascinating....I think Mead feels the same way!  It's almost inspiring to hear some of this stuff.....a big part of me wants to just up and leave for NZ right now, lol.

591604[/snapback]

Hey, I hear you.

When my wife and I first started to discuss moving away to the South Pacific, we thought that it would be impossible. Waaaaaay too big of a task to undertake.

Then, as we got the ball rolling, we realized that it was only a f'ing billion little tasks to do instead of one big one.

Once we were able to dissect the situation... we were able to undertake it.

(Plus... we're a modest little family on one income. We did this on a tiny shoestring budget.)