LeCharles Bently Radio Interview

plenzmd1

i have said a couple of times.....i like Steve Hutchinson better overall as a player,

but....i would rather have Bently at center and "whoever" at LG..... over Steve Hutchinson and Teague still at center.

590845[/snapback]

Also add that Hutchinson ain't goin' nowhere, nohow anyway.

Did you mean Jeff Hartings...because he is the best center in football and is

playing for the Super bowl bound Steelers.....I agree Center is a crucial position

Teague has been an average center...but the problem is with Teague getting

pushed back all the time by the opposing NTs and DTs,  the pressure on our

QBs have come right on their face and that has been the demise of Bledsoe

and so far JPL.....

When you feel the pressure on your face (rather than not knowin where it

is coming from), i think QBs make mistakes....

590871[/snapback]

Middle pressure also gets to the QB a lot faster, the distance is simply shorter. Edge pressure takes a little more time because the DE has to cover more distance. If your middle holds and the edge doesn't, the QB can step up and buy another second or two. If the middle caves from the git go, the QB has no place to go but into the waiting arms of a DE who is no longer being blocked because the QB has moved so that the blocker is no longer between him and the rusher.

Lastly, middle pressure takes away the QB's vision. He can't see the receivers as well. That is not the case with edge pressure. A guy coming from your blind spot at least is not blocking your vision downfield.

We have to revamp the middle, totally. The tackles can wait. Peters might be the real deal but even if he isn't, we can make do with him and Gandy if we can improve from guard to guard.

Sign Bentley

The tackles can wait.  Peters might be the real deal but even if he isn't, we can make do with him and Gandy if we can improve from guard to guard.

Sign Bentley

591248[/snapback]

I loved the post until this. The Tackles cannot imo wait, not in this draft.

First of all, Peters seems to be more suited to play LT than RT. He is agile, fast and a bit smaller than the proto-type RT than we are seeing these days. In this said to be tackle rich draft, there is absolutely zero excuse for not picking up at the very least a RT on the 1st day of the draft.

The Bills can simply not afford to put in the likes of Jerman and expect to win NFL football games.

If the Bills are trying to win games instead of sell tickets with Parrish type selections, I am thinking that they can shore up the entire OL, not just the middle.

Jmo.

I would love to see this guy brought here...this is how i hope our line will end up:

LT- Runyan, Peters

LG- Gandy(???)

C- Bentley, Preston

RG- Villariel, Geisinger

RT- DaBrickasha or Justice and Peters to compete

I would be very happy to see this :doh:

I loved the post until this. The Tackles cannot imo wait, not in this draft.

First of all, Peters seems to be more suited to play LT than RT. He is agile, fast and a bit smaller than the proto-type RT than we are seeing these days. In this said to be tackle rich draft, there is absolutely zero excuse for not picking up at the very least a RT on the 1st day of the draft.

The Bills can simply not afford to put in the likes of Jerman and expect to win NFL football games.

If the Bills are trying to win games instead of sell tickets with Parrish type selections, I am thinking that they can shore up the entire OL, not just the middle.

Jmo.

591272[/snapback]

I don't want to ignore the tackles, I just think the priority is in the middle. I don't know that we are going to get a better tackle in the third round than we already have in Gandy and Peters. One of the problems is that with a line this bad, it is hard to determine just where to start fixing it. My vote is for the middle.