Can Jauron be his own DC?

If there is not a quality DC out there, could Jauron serve in that role even as HC of the Bills? The Bills could hire a figurehead DC. someone lacking the experience, that DJ could mold, but would the players follow a guy like that?

Just throwing it out there.

PTR

Yup, worked out real well for us!  <_<

588725[/snapback]

well i think its agreeable to assume that jauron is a better head coach than mularkey. With that said, i'd like to see someone come in as DC. Jauron has specifically said that he'd leave the offensive coaching entirely to the OC, so what else is the guy going to do?? its not like he'll be drinking pina colatas at st. john fisher all day. but yeah, a young, figurehead, learn-on-the-job type of guy is what's going to happen.

I think that would be imprudent. There's a reason these guys work 100 hour work weeks. Even a margin advantage must be sought (like not announcing your starting QB or how hurt a rookie's wrist is <_< ). Having an extra brain/hand to delegate to is advantageous. As for just a 'figure head' DC, have you ever trained someone? In most instances, it takes more effort & time than doing it yourself.