Dolphins looking to move up

Mile High

Dolphins | Saban may look to trade up in the NFL Draft

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 07:45:15 -0800

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports an NFL person in contact with Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban expects Miami to aggressively explore moving up from 16th in the draft to select a quarterback, which will be very difficult. That person said Saban would be willing to open next season with QB Gus Frerotte if he can somehow achieve his goal of moving up.

I find this interesting... Who could they be after? Cutler, Young or Leinhart?

I think Saban is crazy like a Fox on this one. Sure he wants to trade up but I bet the compensation comes in the form of Ricky Ganja Williams , not another pick . He is trying to get rid of a problem he has and gain from it. Therefore I don't think he is going to find anyone except of Course Oakland. They always have room for another head case.

saban is overly concerned with media leaks (ex. his assistants are forbidden from talking to the press during the season) so i wouldn't put much stock in this report.........everyone is floating smokescreens this time of year.........

Marv should offer him Lossman for that pick.

587503[/snapback]

Trading a young QB to a division rival, with the players former HC as OC? Brass balls! Do you think MM would even want JP, or would JP ever want to play for MM again? I doubt it.

PTR

he must have his eye on Cutler which would fall somewhere between 5 and 12. The fish would have to give their 16 plus probably a 2nd this year and next to move up in that area. To get Leinhart you're talking top 2 in the daft and it would cost them a ton to move up that high. Definately their 1st this yr and next and probably alot more.

he must have his eye on Cutler which would fall somewhere between 5 and 12. The fish would have to give their 16 plus probably a 2nd this year and next to move up in that area. To get Leinhart you're talking top 2 in the daft and it would cost them a ton to move up that high. Definately their 1st this yr and next and probably alot more.

587652[/snapback]

Point Value Chart..........you are right, a lot more

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr.../TradeValue.htm

Saban will package the Dols' 1st rounder and Ricky Williams.  The question is, how much/many points is he worth and will anyone bite?

587716[/snapback]

Moving Williams would be a tough sell IMHO.

Won't he be banned for life from the NFL for one more failed drug test?

Moving Williams would be a tough sell IMHO.

Won't he be banned for life from the NFL for one more failed drug test?

Probably not. The NFL in all their wisdom bent over backwards to let Ganja back in so I doubt they suspend him for life if he fails his next drug test. Probably a "bad Ricky, bad!"

But now that Ganja has fulfilled his requirement of playing for the Dols for the year and thus can keep that $9M bonus, he'll probably be ready to pack-it-in sooner rather than later. He DID say after he retired and someone asked him about returning that he'd like to play 1 more year. Well this past year WAS that year.