Sabres just whooped Toronto

Clements, I  keed I keed!

Listen much like Buffalo and it's fans, Toronto has always had an inferiority complex and that gets taken out on a local and close by place, like Buff. The verbal abuse that each side gives each other is fantastic.

By the way, the worst fans at a Bills game are??? Canadians!

Please ignore my posts if they offend you.

585942[/snapback]

Oh they dont offend me at all, I think its great to stir up good debates between two rival hockey towns! ;)

I was wearing a Hasek jersey (old school one) walking around Toronto a few years ago...a group of people in a truck rode by and start booing and cursing me as they drove by...I pumped me up!! <_<:devil:;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) We are

2) I am probabably a nice trashy Leaf fan you have met

3) The last Leafs Sabres game I went to here, I had a guy screaming  1967 in my ear all night long. I finally had to ask him when I had had enough, HOW MANY CUPS HAVE YOU WON?!!!!

585930[/snapback]

Whatever, Toronto fans are the new age Ranger fans. Bitter at everyone and everything. The Leafs haven't won a cup in the entire time the Sabres have existed, in my book we're tied at zero. Of course you have to make it to the Cup final to Win a cup and since Toronto hasn't done THAT either maybe it's Buffalo 2 Toronto 0...

Since the Leafs haven't won in almost 40 years you have to wonder where the arrogance comes from...you don't hear a lot of talk about obnoxious Blackhawk fans...of course they've been to a Cup final more recently than Toronto too....

Uhm...not to quibble but we played w/o Briere (our best player), Connolly (our #2 scorer), Mair (our Darcy Tucker), Teppo Numminen (our #1 offensive defenseman) last night and this was Dumont's second game back after 2 months.  For the love of God, at one point we'd gotten all the way down to Jiri Novotny, the next call was to Jody Gage I swear...

BTW, if Lindros and Tucker are two of a team's best forwards they need better forwards.  McCabe is the man though.

585937[/snapback]

Oh man you didnt just say Jody Gage? :devil:;);)

If the Sabres lose another forward, is Mikko Makela that far behind? <_<

The Leafs haven't won a cup in the entire time the Sabres have existed, in my book we're tied at zero.  Of course you have to make it to the Cup final to Win a cup and since Toronto hasn't done THAT either maybe it's Buffalo 2 Toronto 0...

Since the Leafs haven't won in almost 40 years you have to wonder where the arrogance comes from...you don't hear a lot of talk about obnoxious Blackhawk fans...of course they've been to a Cup final more recently than Toronto too....

585947[/snapback]

<_<:devil:;)

That's what Im talking about! Great post!!!

Whatever, Toronto fans are the new age Ranger fans.  Bitter at everyone and everything. 

585947[/snapback]

OK I guess I'm going to talk the bait, how are Leaf fans like Ranger fans? Ranger fans are pigs. Leaf fans are goofs.

And Bitter at everyone sounds like a perfect description of being a Bills fan in 2006 doesn't it?

I am a Leafs fan, a Bills fan and have grown in to the last ten years becoming a Sabres fan. In light of the first two teams of my choice all I can say is, thank God for the Sabres! <_<

How are Sabres fans 2nd class?  Explain...maybe because the Sabres do not buy overaged players and have a city what, 5X the size of Buffalo so of course the fan base is larger?  You better be able to sell out that arena EVERY GAME if you ask me based on the size of that city...

Do you feel a sense of entitlement because your team is an Original 6 team or something?  Please...

585933[/snapback]

Back in the day when we could just go buy someone I think yes, it made Leaf fans feel more entitled.

Ah, the good old days.

Wade Belak?  :devil:

Was that D guy the replacement for Carlo?

585962[/snapback]

<_<

No his contrubition is to stay off the ice!

The call up for Carlo was Andy Wosniewski. Carlo also has been up and down and this is the most he has ever played.

By the way, heads up! Anyone who didn't like Kaspar's hit on Connoly (which I thought was clean by the way) will not like Carlo. He can throw big hits and was in fact hurt while throwing a big hip check on your old buddy Varada.

<_<

No his contrubition is to stay off the ice!

The call up for Carlo was Andy Wosniewski. Carlo also has been up and down and this is the most he has ever played.

By the way, heads up! Anyone who didn't like Kaspar's hit on Connoly (which I thought was clean by the way) will not like Carlo. He can throw big hits and was in fact hurt while throwing a big hip check on your old buddy Varada.

585969[/snapback]

It was clean...but Kasper has a bad reputation so it annoys you when a punk like that does anything that hurts anyone...much like your boy Darcy Tucker...I hate that POS

Are you kidding me? As a loyal and lifelong fan of the bills who happens to have grown up IN Toronto and is now a loyal and and lifelong resident of Western New York but will forever remain a loyal and lifelong Leafs fan, I want to ask you something, what is your real name? Mike Mularkey?  <_<

This is nothing more than a good healthy hatred between two teams fans. Come to a Leafs Sabres game in Buffalo and then you might get this.

But what does your line about pointing out that there are a great many Bills fans who hail from T.O. mean?

585922[/snapback]

Hi beerme;

I can assure you I am most certainly not Coach Mularkey. Now that he is no longer the Bills Head Coach I am comfortable saying I wouldnt marginalize my key veterans, run trick plays up by 21 points with one half left to play, or allow a player like McGahee to make a joke of himself by proclaiming himself to be the games greatest back. On a sidenote, I suspect there are more practical ways of contacting Coach Mularkey if youre intrested in talking with him.

And my comment about TO area fans supporting the Bills is simply as it sounds - I bet the Bills front office has figures on this, but between Toronto's corporate support, and a large fan base that loyally follows the Bills the TO component makes up an important part of the Bills support.

As for the handle, 'Red Tory' being from north of the border yourself I would expect you to be familiar with the term - but I dont want to break any rules by talking politics.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi beerme;

I can assure you I am most certainly not Coach Mularkey.

Cheers,

Chris

586000[/snapback]

Cool! I agree with you that they have an exact number of Canadian numbers that are corporate supported seats etc.

The organization goe to great lengths to show their gratification for the Canadian fans they have including a Canada Day game. Which of course is not on Canada Day but who would know? <_<

Cheers

The leafs also had a d man who was called up from the minors last night.

His contribution was a -4

585959[/snapback]

Would you quit your goddamn whining? Your team's payroll is about $17,000,000.00 higher than the team that whipped your asses last night. Injuries are a fact of life in hockey and no team is without key players at this time of the season. Good teams build their farm systems to deal with these situations. The Leafs are simply not a good team and have ignored developing home grown talent for years, despite the fact that everyone knew the salary cap was coming.

The Sabres player that scored the game winning goal was playing his 28th NHL game.

The goalie that won the game was in the net for only the 40th time at the NHL level.

Four of the Sabres' goals and two of the Sabres' assists were from players in their first full NHL season.

Your team got a snowman hung on them because they played like the Euro captained team that they are. Unfortunately for Pat Quinn, you can't sign "guts" as a free agent.

Would you quit your goddamn whining?  Your team's payroll is about $17,000,000.00 higher than the team that whipped your asses last night. Injuries are a fact of life in hockey and no team is without key players at this time of the season.  Good teams build their farm systems to deal with these situations.  The Leafs are simply not a good team and have ignored developing home grown talent for years, despite the fact that everyone knew the salary cap was coming.

The Sabres player that scored the game winning goal was playing his 28th NHL game.

The goalie that won the game was in the net for only the 40th time at the NHL level.

Four of the Sabres' goals and two of the Sabres' assists were from players in their first full NHL season.

Your team got a snowman hung on them because they played like the Euro captained team that they are.  Unfortunately for Pat Quinn, you can't sign "guts" as a free agent.

586257[/snapback]

here here

Well it looks like you guys have allready decided the Leafs are out of it this year and the Sabres are 2005-06 Stanley Cup Champions - ill send a note to Bettman's office and let him know we dont have to actually play any more games.

Any fans who understand hockey at all understand the regular season doesn't matter a lick, its only the outcome of your last game of the year that counts (ask Ottawa Senators fans about this and their relationship with the Leafs the last few seasons in the regular season/playoffs). And that'd be the beauty of it if the underdog Leafs came back to surprise some folks.

Also, comments about the Leafs young talent suggest ignorance of the talent this year showcased at the World Junior Hockey tournament. The Leafs own the rights to arguably the best 2 netminders at the tourney, and several other promising young skaters.

Cheers,

Chris

Well it looks like you guys have allready decided the Leafs are out of it this year and the Sabres are 2005-06 Stanley Cup Champions - ill send a note to Bettman's office and let him know we dont have to actually play any more games.

Any fans who understand hockey at all understand the regular season doesn't matter a lick, its only the outcome of your last game of the year that counts (ask Ottawa Senators fans about this and their relationship with the Leafs the last few seasons in the regular season/playoffs).  And that'd be the beauty of it if the underdog Leafs came back to surprise some folks.

Also, comments about the Leafs young talent suggest ignorance of the talent this year showcased at the World Junior Hockey tournament.  The Leafs own the rights to arguably the best 2 netminders at the tourney, and several other promising young skaters.

Cheers,

Chris

586496[/snapback]

The only thing it sounds like is that you are a bitter Loafs fan. :ph34r:

Yeah, I can see where you'd get that out of any post in this thread. Nice deductive reasoning.

Any fans who understand hockey at all understand the regular season doesn't matter a lick, its only the outcome of your last game of the year that counts (ask Ottawa Senators fans about this and their relationship with the Leafs the last few seasons in the regular season/playoffs).  And that'd be the beauty of it if the underdog Leafs came back to surprise some folks.

You mean if the Leafs make the playoffs, right? Currently they're on the outside looking in and it wouldn't surprise me if they can't right the ship and get in because they're no longer more talented than any team in front of them.

Also, comments about the Leafs young talent suggest ignorance of the talent this year showcased at the World Junior Hockey tournament.  The Leafs own the rights to arguably the best 2 netminders at the tourney, and several other promising young skaters.

Cheers,

Chris

586496[/snapback]

They've had young players in the past and they've ended up trading them to add older expensive veterans to make a run. You'll certainly let me know when tremendous Junior success guarantees the same in the NHL, won't you?

Would you quit your goddamn whining? 

Your team got a snowman hung on them because they played like the Euro captained team that they are.  Unfortunately for Pat Quinn, you can't sign "guts" as a free agent.

586257[/snapback]

No I probably wont. Whining and making excuses are different things though.

Unfortunately for Pat Quinn he is not the GM anymore or else I would like to think he would not have made some of the dubious moves our rookie gm did after the new agreement was signed.

Toronto is a different animal compared to other teams sadly for the fans. The organization is about making money, not neccessarily wins and that is bull.

By the way, you can sign "guts" as a free agent, but you have to know where to look. See Gary Roberts.

I like Sundin but acknowledge the euro captain crap only because NO euro captained club has won a cup that I know of although in this new NHL, I expect that to change. Sundin has been a top flight player and captain during his tenure in Toronto. However like all Leaf captain's that I can recall, they get traded. I'm not sure but I think Keon may be the last one to retire as captain.

Most of what you have to say is ok though, the Leafs certainly will not be buying their way out of this and this is all self created on their part by not doing things they should have like buying Belfour out. Telling Tie Domi stick it and take a hike and telling Wade Belak to get on the same bus. But they are doing some things right. Lindros was a right move. Allison was not.

Lastly I would like to mention that I love Marty. I would gladly give you Allison for him :doh:

And if Regeir can swing a Marty or Miller for Jovonovski or Bertuzzi, I hope he makes the deal. But my guess is Marty isn't going anywhere and it may be a great non move come playoff time.

No I probably wont. Whining and making excuses are different things though.

Unfortunately for Pat Quinn he is not the GM anymore or else I would like to think he would not have made some of the dubious moves our rookie gm did after the new agreement was signed.

Toronto is a different animal compared to other teams sadly for the fans. The organization is about making money, not neccessarily wins and that is bull.

By the way, you can sign "guts" as a free agent, but you have to know where to look. See Gary Roberts.

I like Sundin but acknowledge the euro captain crap only because NO euro captained club has won a cup that I know of although in this new NHL, I expect that to change. Sundin has been a top flight player and captain during his tenure in Toronto. However like all Leaf captain's that I can recall, they get traded. I'm not sure but I think Keon may be the last one to retire as captain.

Most of what you have to say is ok though, the Leafs certainly will not be buying their way out of this and this is all self created on their part by not doing things they should have like buying Belfour out. Telling Tie Domi stick it and take a hike and telling Wade Belak to get on the same bus. But they are doing some things right. Lindros was a right move. Allison was not.

Lastly I would like to mention that I love Marty. I would gladly give you Allison for him  :doh:

And if Regeir can swing a Marty or Miller for Jovonovski or Bertuzzi, I hope he makes the deal. But my guess is Marty isn't going anywhere and it may be a great non move come playoff time.

586724[/snapback]

Gee, if you're willing to give us Allison for Biron, I'd be willing to give you Peters for McCabe, that's almost an equivalent deal. :doh: I'm not sure how Allison's incentives are structured, but his current salary is $1.5MM but he's counting $4.5MM against the cap according to THN. You are right about them screwing up by resigning Belfour. Paying over $4.5MM for your team's 2nd best goalie is not a bargain.

I'd have been surprised to see Quinn do any better primarily because he has a history of being enamored with higher priced veteran players which is a large part of the reason TO had several players that had to be bought out this off season to get under the cap.