Brad Riter & Ed Kilgore: conspiracy theorists

Announcer with old radio voice like Greg Buck did on WGR 550: 4th and 1, the Dolphins will go for it. Biggest play of the game. It's a play-fake to Ricky Williams, Frerotte looking into the flat for... fullback Darian Barnes...and he is stopped for a 3 yard loss. Now what kind of a call is that? I mean, my blind grandmother would have called a hand-off to Ricky Williams. Come on! Dolphins lose...

Postgame coming up.

From last night's show:  Brad & Ed wonder aloud why would MM walk away from $1 mil, unless he knew he had a gig waiting for him.  Hmmmmm.

PTR

584954[/snapback]

It is curious that MM would walk away from $1 mil with nothing lined up - as Homer said to Lisa, "If you don't like your job, you don't quit. You go to work everyday and do it really half-assed. That's the American Way!"

The problem is that Mularkey was doing a really half-assed job all last season!

<_<

It is curious that MM would walk away from $1 mil with nothing lined up - as Homer said to Lisa, "If you don't like your job, you don't quit. You go to work everyday and do it really half-assed. That's the American Way!"

The problem is that Mularkey was doing a really half-assed job all last season!

<_<

585729[/snapback]

Coordinators are making $1 million all over the league now. Not much of a risk to take.

Coordinators are making $1 million all over the league now.  Not much of a risk to take.

585738[/snapback]

Yes they are - in fact, Triple-G got a huge raise when he signed on as Joe Gibbs' DC, but based on Mularkey's play selection and misuse of talent this past season, I am suprised he got a gig so quickly. However, I'm glad it's with Miami! <_<

It was a conspiracy.

RW offered LS a spot on the WOF if he could convince his cousin NS to tamper with and hire MM. Now RW doesn't owe MM $1M and the Bills know the Dolphin offense.

Next, RW "forgets" about the WOF deal with LS, charges the Dolphins with tampering and the NFL grants Miami's #1 draft choice to the Bills.

Brilliant!

Saban obviously wanted a guy he could push around.

585764[/snapback]

MM just got tired of the new direction.

RW: "So, what do you think, Mike?"

MM: "Well, I..."

RW: "Aw, shut up and sit down already!"

ML: "blah, blah, blah"

RW: "Good ideas. Muppets for coaches! Brilliant! LA is nice. What do you think Mike?"

MM: "Uh, well."

RW&ML: "Aw, just shut up and sit down already!"

I tend do doubt there was tampering. Am I mistaken or wasn't Mularkey interviewed by a few other teams besides Miami?  I remember hearing he was a "hot commodity."

585179[/snapback]

Where is Soprano? We need an inside source! :doh::doh:

Announcer with old radio voice like Greg Buck did on WGR 550:  4th and 1, the Dolphins will go for it.  Biggest play of the game.  It's a play-fake to Ricky Williams, Frerotte looking into the flat for... fullback Darian Barnes...and he is stopped for a 3 yard loss.  Now what kind of a call is that? I mean, my blind grandmother would have called a hand-off to Ricky Williams. Come on! Dolphins lose...

Postgame coming up.

585608[/snapback]

Those spots were hilarious! Too bad Greg left just when these were really getting a lot of airtime..........."Postgame coming up" was such a great closer.

Yes they are - in fact, Triple-G got a huge raise when he signed on as Joe Gibbs' DC, but based on Mularkey's play selection and misuse of talent this past season, I am suprised he got a gig so quickly. 

585754[/snapback]

MM got $800,000 to be the Fin's OC, per today's Buffalo News. Given the lower tax bite he'll be paying, he's probably breaking even. And since he's a Florida native, he's probably a lot happier to boot.