Trade: trying to upgrade at receiver...

Buftex

I really like my team (for a change) because I have a very good RB roster. I have a top 5 guy at pretty much every position. My one glaring weakness is that beyond Marvin Harrison, I have what has turned out to be dreck for WR depth. I will obviously start Harrison every week (although his stats so far have been sub-par). Beyond Harrison, I have Jerry Porter, Peerless Price, Josh Reed and Dennis Northcutt. Two other owners in my leauge are trying to get me to trade them a RB. I have Clinton Portis, Curtis Martin, Chris Brown, and Thomas Jones.

I am thinking of trying to trade one of my running backs (not Portis) for either Reggie Wayne or Hines Ward. My question to you, which of my backs would you get rid of, and which of those two receivers would you try to deal for. I realize that Ward is more likely to be consistant than Wayne, so I might be willing to give up a bit more for him. What would you do? Or, injuries being what they are, should I stick with what I have, and just play the matchup with my #2 WR every week?

I would trade Curtis Martin for Hines Ward.  Martin won't be able to keep up this early pace all season, so get value for him while you can.  Ward because you don't want to have two receivers from the same team, and I believe Ward is leading the league in yardage so far.

42750[/snapback]

I agree with PastaJoe, but have one other point to make. Trading a starting RB for any reciever not named Moss/Owens/Harrison (maybe Holt) favors your trading partner. It's much harder to find good backs than it is is WR's. I would move Martin, while his value is high....IMHO greatest possibility of fading or injury. Ward straight up would still favor the other guy, so you may want to think about having the other guy throw in another player, or package Porter/Price and take a shot at a Top 5 WR. Most people won't trade them, but it's worth investigating.

I agree with the others. Trading Martin right now for Ward would be a pretty darn good deal.

43934[/snapback]

Well, the guy I tried to make the deal for Ward with, backed out. I offered him any one of my running backs (other than Portis) for Ward. He said he would only do it if I also traded him Tony Gonzales for Billy Miller. No way I make that deal. True Gonzales hasn't done much the first 2 weeks, but if KC ever gets anything going, Gonzales is as good as any #2 receiver IMO. Even if you have Moss or Owens, IMO, recieiver is the most inconsistant position in Fantasy Football. I will stick with having a stable of good RB's, mediocre (at best) depth at WR, and the best TE in the leauge. I think the other owner is making a big mistake, it is a trade that would have really helped both of us out, him more than me I think. His RB's are Stephen Davis (injured- bye week), Moe Williams, Aaron Stecker (New Orleans? I wasn't even sure) and Ladell Betts. He is 0-2 and will continue to lose. Stupid!

Thanks for all the input!

Well, the guy I tried to make the deal for Ward with, backed out.  I offered him any one of my running backs (other than Portis) for Ward.  He said he would only do it if I also traded him Tony Gonzales for Billy Miller.  No way I make that deal.  True Gonzales hasn't done much the first 2 weeks, but if KC ever gets anything going, Gonzales is as good as any #2 receiver IMO.  Even if you have Moss or Owens, IMO, recieiver is the most inconsistant position in Fantasy Football.  I will stick with having a stable of good RB's, mediocre (at best) depth at WR, and the best TE in the leauge.  I think the other owner is making a big mistake, it is a trade that would have really helped both of us out, him more than me I think.  His RB's are Stephen Davis (injured- bye week), Moe Williams, Aaron Stecker (New Orleans? I wasn't even sure) and Ladell Betts.  He is 0-2 and will continue to lose.  Stupid!

45829[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you were dealing with a foolish owner.

Well, the guy I tried to make the deal for Ward with, backed out.  I offered him any one of my running backs (other than Portis) for Ward.  He said he would only do it if I also traded him Tony Gonzales for Billy Miller.  No way I make that deal.  True Gonzales hasn't done much the first 2 weeks, but if KC ever gets anything going, Gonzales is as good as any #2 receiver IMO.  Even if you have Moss or Owens, IMO, recieiver is the most inconsistant position in Fantasy Football.  I will stick with having a stable of good RB's, mediocre (at best) depth at WR, and the best TE in the leauge.  I think the other owner is making a big mistake, it is a trade that would have really helped both of us out, him more than me I think.  His RB's are Stephen Davis (injured- bye week), Moe Williams, Aaron Stecker (New Orleans? I wasn't even sure) and Ladell Betts.  He is 0-2 and will continue to lose.  Stupid!

45829[/snapback]

Unfortunatley it sounds like a lot of fantasy owners, not only does he want to get the better end, he wants to win the trade in a landslide, that stevestojan makes me $ick

just make sure you hold onto chris brown

49083[/snapback]

Yeah, I am loving Chris Brown! Funny, each week of fantasy football, I have had my best running back (statistically anyway) on the bench, but still won handily. I know that won't work every week, but it has been nice. Ironically, Clinton Portis, the one guy I have played every week, and my #1 overall pick, has been the least productive of all my RB's. FF is much more fun when you are winning. I feel kind of bad, in some ways, because my leauge expanded by two players this year (from 10 to 12), and at least two of them did not know what they were doing, on draft day...oh well, I guess we all learn the hard way! :huh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.