From a writer at the Senior Bowl

PISSCHUNK

"Along the offensive line the biggest revelation for me today was how bad D'Brickashaw Ferguson looked as a run blocker. I know in the past I have compared him to Jon Ogden and Orlando Pace but during the practice I found myself thinking that he was no where near them as a run blocker and may not have the attitude or demeanor to ever reach that lofty level. He is still a top prospect and an amazing pass blocker, but my enthusiasm about him was definitely tempered a bit today. "

Hook 'Em

Hmmm......The spin begins.

Remember that those that are interested in the Brick have a vested interest in seeing him drop(including the Bills)

I've been watching the practices daily and he looks Tremendous!

The thought of having Ferguson and Peters being our bookend tackles for the next ten years has me excited!! B-)

Finally, someone else who is starting to see what I have been saying about D'bustashaw Ferguson. This guy does not translate to the NFL as a run blocker and wait until you see his bench press and 10 yard dash numbers. It is then that Ferguson will be moved down the board as a above average tackle with limited upside and will be a solid but not spectacular player at the NFL level.

So far at the Senior Bowl practices he has dominated Mattias Kiwaunka, whoppe, Kiwaunka is also going to be a bust at the NFL level. He is a 255 pound defensive tackle who plays with a high base, so of course D'Bustashaw has dominated him. Wait until he sees the likes of a Dwight Freeny, Jason Taylor, Richard Seymour.

Jason Peters has the size, strength and mobility to play left tackle in the NFL for a long time. He needs work on technique and has a far greater upside then Ferguson.

"Along the offensive line the biggest revelation for me today was how bad D'Brickashaw Ferguson looked as a run blocker. I know in the past I have compared him to Jon Ogden and Orlando Pace but during the practice I found myself thinking that he was no where near them as a run blocker and may not have the attitude or demeanor to ever reach that lofty level. He is still a top prospect and an amazing pass blocker, but my enthusiasm about him was definitely tempered a bit today. "

Hook 'Em

584373[/snapback]

Finally, someone else who is starting to see what I have been saying about D'bustashaw Ferguson.  This guy does not translate to the NFL as a run blocker and wait until you see his bench press and 10 yard dash numbers.  It is then that Ferguson will be moved down the board as a above average tackle with limited upside and will be a solid but not spectacular player at the NFL level.

So far at the Senior Bowl practices he has dominated Mattias Kiwaunka, whoppe, Kiwaunka is also going to be a bust at the NFL level.  He is a 255 pound defensive tackle who plays with a high base, so of course D'Bustashaw has dominated him.  Wait until he sees the likes of a Dwight Freeny, Jason Taylor, Richard Seymour.

Jason Peters has the size, strength and mobility to play left tackle in the NFL for a long time.  He needs work on technique and has a far greater upside then Ferguson.

584505[/snapback]

The Bills are not one player away and need help on the OL.

The folks who want us to reduce the resources we have to trade up for D'Bricka strike me as completely wrong. Even if he is that good in terms of the market price needed to get him, the cost of doing this would kill us.

On the other hand, if in fact this prospect fell down the board and we could trade down to get him and both work on him to improve his talent and use the extra resource we gained in trading down to strengthen the DL taking him may make sense.

The Bills are not one player away and need help on the OL.

The folks who want us to reduce the resources we have to trade up for D'Bricka strike me as completely wrong. Even if he is that good in terms of the market price needed to get him, the cost of doing this would kill us.

On the other hand, if in fact this prospect fell down the board and we could trade down to get him and both work on him to improve his talent and use the extra resource we gained in trading down to strengthen the DL taking him may make sense.

584573[/snapback]

Marv will not trade on draft day.

Up or down

Marv will not trade on draft day.

Up or down

584786[/snapback]

That's true, while Marv was a GM in the past he NEVER made a single trade! Will history repeat itself? 0:)

Obviously you meant to say that if Polian or Butler were here they wouldn't trade up or down. :)

I'm not a big advocate of dbrickshaw, I think he's too finesse. While he uses his hands extremely well. With him it's all about positiion. He'll never be a guy who can blow his man off the los. It's all feet and hand work. He'll turn you out from a play, but when concerned to run blocking he's not the type to knock you backwards. However it much easier to teach someone to run block then it is to pass block.

However I'm hoping he doesnt land to us. Not that I'm scared off because of Mike Williams, just that I think the defensive line is more important at the point in time then the oline. and there will be enough quality olinemen to pass on drafting one in the 1st.

Kiper was asked on ESPN who made their mark at practice- he said D'Brickashaw solidified himself as a top 5 with RB Lorenzo (Memphis) and QB Cutler (Vanderbilt) moving to the top.

The more skill positions that move to the top tier the better. Throw in Lyndel White and teams may be wanting our 8th pick to grab one of these guys. If not, the DT from Oregon looks like he will ours if we want him.

Kiper was asked on ESPN who made their mark at practice- he said D'Brickashaw solidified himself as a top 5 with RB Lorenzo (Memphis) and QB Cutler (Vanderbilt) moving to the top.

The more skill positions that move to the top tier the better.  Throw in Lyndel White and teams may be wanting our 8th pick to grab one of these guys.  If not, the DT from Oregon looks like he will ours if we want him.

584947[/snapback]

I just saw him say Ferguson is now the #4 guy and there are 7 blue chip, franchise players in this draft. I still think that Ngata would make a HUGE difference on our Defense but I wouldn't mind one of those 7 dropping to us either.