Mike Lamb - Thoughts on Jauron

Draconator

Mike Lamb, who used to do a national radio show (Fox Sports, I think), is now on daily in Sacremento, KHTK. He was commenting on the hiring of Jauron, and said it was a very good fit for Buffalo. He believed that Jauron is the best coach available to work with Marv. He and Marv used to do a show together, and said the hiring of Marv is what could be considered to be the best hire in the NFL in many years.

Just some food for thought.

FYI, here's Mike's bio from the radio station's site:

--------------------

Mike Lamb, who frequently is honored for his football commentary, is one of the original hosts hired for the Fox Sports Radio Network. In that capacity he hosts the #1 most syndicated program for Fox Radio, "Game Time" with former Saints and Colts head coach Jim Mora. Their show is heard on 200 stations nationwide.

Mike's knack for finding the humorous angle in big games while observing it's intricacies, has landed him such coveted assignments as the Rose Bowl, the Gator Bowl, the Las Vegas Bowl, the Arena Bowl, and the Senior Bowl.

He earned the Southern California Sports Broadcasters Association's award for "Best Analyst" in 1996 and was named the Southland's top analyst for all sports in 1997 and 1998 by the Los Angeles Daily News.

Lamb was a colorful letterman at Southern Cal (1979-83), where he started at Tackle for the Trojans his senior season. Mike played with two Heisman trophy winners (Charles White and Marcus Allen), along with numerous NFL Hall of Famers like Anthony Munoz, Ronnie Lott, and Bruce Matthews just to name a few. He graduated from USC 1984 with a bachelors degree in Urban Planning.

He signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Raiders in 1984 and later began his broadcasting career with the club's broadcast team serving as the host of the pre- and post-game call in shows with Jim Plunkett of Raiders Super Bowl fame.

Mike and his wife Sandy have two children, Logan and Maddie.

----------------------

My point in posting this is that Mr. Lamb appears to have no built-in bias towards the Bills, Marv Levy, or Dick Jauron. I believe this lends more credence to his commentary in that respect.

FYI, here's Mike's bio from the radio station's site:

--------------------

Mike Lamb, who frequently is honored for his football commentary, is one of the original hosts hired  for the Fox Sports Radio Network. In that capacity he hosts the #1 most syndicated program for Fox Radio, "Game Time" with former Saints and Colts head coach Jim Mora. Their show is heard on 200 stations nationwide.

Mike's knack for finding the humorous angle in big games while observing it's intricacies, has landed him such coveted assignments as the Rose Bowl, the Gator Bowl, the Las Vegas Bowl, the Arena Bowl, and the Senior Bowl.

He earned the Southern California Sports Broadcasters Association's award for "Best Analyst" in 1996 and was named the Southland's top analyst for all sports in 1997 and 1998 by the Los Angeles Daily News.

Lamb was a colorful letterman at Southern Cal (1979-83), where he started at Tackle for the Trojans his senior season. Mike played with two Heisman trophy winners (Charles White and Marcus Allen), along with numerous NFL Hall of Famers like Anthony Munoz, Ronnie Lott, and Bruce Matthews just to name a few. He graduated from USC 1984 with a bachelors degree in Urban Planning.

He signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Raiders in 1984 and later began his broadcasting career with the club's broadcast team serving as the host of the pre- and post-game call in shows with Jim Plunkett of Raiders Super Bowl fame.

Mike and his wife Sandy have two children, Logan and Maddie.

----------------------

My point in posting this is that Mr. Lamb appears to have no built-in bias towards the Bills, Marv Levy, or Dick Jauron.  I believe this lends more credence to his commentary in that respect.

584196[/snapback]

It's nice to hear, and let's hope he is close to being right, but being Marv's partner in a radio show is not a built-in bias?

It's nice to hear, and let's hope he is close to being right, but being Marv's partner in a radio show is not a built-in bias?

584214[/snapback]

Are you reading something different than I am? B-)

He's Jim Mora's radio partner, not Marv's.

Edit: Now I see that in the original post. There's nothing about that in the bio. Dummy me.

Mike Lamb, who used to do a national radio show (Fox Sports, I think), is now on daily in Sacremento, KHTK.  He was commenting on the hiring of Jauron, and said it was a very good fit for Buffalo.  He believed that Jauron is the best coach available to work with Marv.  He and Marv used to do a show together, and said the hiring of Marv is what could be considered to be the best hire in the NFL in many years. 

584188[/snapback]

Well many on this board would disagree they would say Hiring Marv as GM was dumb. That we are hiring bad HC, OC and probably even water boys.

Mike Lamb, who used to do a national radio show (Fox Sports, I think), is now on daily in Sacremento, KHTK.  He was commenting on the hiring of Jauron, and said it was a very good fit for Buffalo.  He believed that Jauron is the best coach available to work with Marv.  He and Marv used to do a show together, and said the hiring of Marv is what could be considered to be the best hire in the NFL in many years. 

584188[/snapback]

2006, gotta believe