VCoach - Bills hire Steve Fairchild as OC

ACor58

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the process of looking over the play-by-plays on the Rams games in the second half. It really looks like this guy is more pass than run, no matter what. And most of the Rams 2nd half games were NOT blowouts. They were within a score or two, perfect situation to protect your untested QB AND keep your sh------- defense off the field.

I'm in the process of looking over the play-by-plays on the Rams games in the second half.  It really looks like this guy is more pass than run, no matter what.  And most of the Rams 2nd half games were NOT blowouts.  They were within a score or two, perfect situation to protect your untested QB AND keep your sh------- defense off the field.

583743[/snapback]

Listen, you do whatever you have to in order to make yourself sleep at night knowing that the Bills "screwed up" again. Why don't we give these guys a chance?? When did Bills Nation become so knee-jerky and obssessive about everything??? Was it TD who this to us?? Seriously, I want to know.

Knee-jerky...no, actually I was one of the few defending the DJ hire and the Marv return.

The thing is, I think the way to win with our young offense players is to ride McGahee. We saw what happened when Mularkey tried to pass his way to wins. I just wish we had a guy from a team that was committed to running the ball, like either SB participant.

Yes. It takes a real talent to read the local papers. Fairchild has been mentioned for days.  :doh:

Some people here just WHORE cheap attention. You have NO credibility here !

583737[/snapback]

I guess i should have qualified my post.....i was trying to be sarcastic, seeing that SOPRANO has misfired badly on a few of his recent inside scoops.

Knee-jerky...no, actually I was one of the few defending the DJ hire and the Marv return. 

The thing is, I think the way to win with our young offense players is to ride McGahee.  We saw what happened when Mularkey tried to pass his way to wins.  I just wish we had a guy from a team that was committed to running the ball, like either SB participant.

583757[/snapback]

Then you should be pleased that his play calling was 7th in the NFL in run frequency, but strangely, you're not. I don't understand what your beef is.

I dont understand the big deal. This guy is just as good a choice as anyone else out there. Jim Caldwell isn't exactaly responsible for the colts offense, he's just kinda been dungys lackey. Who was out there that was a can't miss coordinator? We need a run focused offense, so what better way then to hire a former rb coach to be our new offensive coordinator? Bitching for the purpose of bitching is useless time spent. Good hire, on the surface it seems at least we're trying to establish an idenity to this team.

Then you should be pleased that his play calling was 7th in the NFL in run frequency, but strangely, you're not.  I don't understand what your beef is.

583768[/snapback]

ok

first of all the above is right.

he is 7th in running, so YES, he runs more than other OCs.

2nd

WELL...since we're all creaming ourselves over stats here...here is Fairchild's offensive rankings with the Rams since he became their O-Coordinator.

2003: 3rd in the NFL in Points, 7th in Yards

2004: 19th in the NFL in Points, 6th in Yards

2005: 11th in the NFL in Points, 6th in Yards

those are good numbers!!

they had a bit of trouble scoring in 04, but fell just out of the top 10 in 05, and lit it up in 03.

they are VERY good in yards EVERY year.

DJ is a conservative HC, his knock was boring 3 yard out offenses.

here is a smart guy, who has been a position coach for this team, who has experience with an exciting unpredictable offensive football team.

yin and yang anyone?

a more spread out O will let JP run and throw the deep ball more, the things he does well.

we have speed at WR and an RB who runs well from a single back set.

did some of you goons want a guy who runs more than he passes?

there are never more than 1 or 2 teams that do that a year.

I strongly advise you all to read Mike's post here:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=40682

When Martz let Fairchild do his own thing, he had the Rams averaging 21 points a game, 245 yards passing and 101 yards rushing a game.  And he did it with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jamie Martin as his QBs.

So I'd say he's definitely got some skills...nice offensive balance there.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled TBD B word-a-thon.

583703[/snapback]

God bless you Malta...:doh: