Jerry Gray ...

merlin

Heard a story on ESPN radio (w/ Mike and Mike) this morning that Jerry Gray had oficially been released by the Bills .... but I see that he is still on the bb.com website under "Coaches", and have not seen/heard confirmation anywhere else. I was actually beginning to think that the Bills had decided to keep him as DC. Of the candidates who appear to be left out there, he's not a bad choice (assuming we can't get Jim Bates at this point).

I'm hoping they ask Sam Wyche to be OC.

There is local talk here in Indianapolis that both Howard Mudd (OL) and Tom Moore (OC) are on "thin ice" after the playoff loss to the Stillers .... I'd take either/both of them for the Bills in a heartbeat! But I'm guessing that once the "emotions" of that loss die down, Polian et al will realize that there are not any better options out there than those 2, and they won't be going anywhere.

GO BILLS!

Heard a story on ESPN radio (w/ Mike and Mike) this morning that Jerry Gray had oficially been released by the Bills .... but I see that he is still on the bb.com website under "Coaches", and have not seen/heard confirmation anywhere else.  I was actually beginning to think that the Bills had decided to keep him as DC.  Of the candidates who appear to be left out there, he's not a bad choice (assuming we can't get Jim Bates at this point). 

I'm hoping they ask Sam Wyche to be OC.

There is local talk here in Indianapolis that both Howard Mudd (OL) and Tom Moore (OC) are on "thin ice" after the playoff loss to the Stillers .... I'd take either/both of them for the Bills in a heartbeat!  But I'm guessing that once the "emotions" of that loss die down, Polian et al will realize that there are not any better options out there than those 2, and they won't be going anywhere.

GO BILLS!

582200[/snapback]

Rumors are that Donnie Henderson is interviewing for the bills DC position today, so I would assume that Gray is gone. Although I have not heard or seen anything official.

Rumors are that Donnie Henderson is interviewing for the bills DC position today, so I would assume that Gray is gone.  Although I have not heard or seen anything official.

582214[/snapback]

Henderson has signed with the Lions.

From KFFL:

Lions | Henderson brought on to serve as defensive coordinator

Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:58:48 -0800

Sirius NFL Radio reports the Detroit Lions have signed Donnie Henderson to take over as their defensive coordinator.

Henderson has signed with the Lions.

From KFFL:

Lions | Henderson brought on to serve as defensive coordinator

Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:58:48 -0800

Sirius NFL Radio reports the Detroit Lions have signed Donnie Henderson to take over as their defensive coordinator.

582219[/snapback]

Damn they must have scooped him up before the Bills had a chance.

Haslett is gone to St. Louis - he would have been a good choice for the DC. As far as the OC goes - Mike Sherman is still out there. If the Bills thought enough of him for the HC because of his offensive prowess why not consider him for the OC. Sherman's pride might get in the way but we might be able to get him and Bates.

Haslett is gone to St. Louis - he would have been a good  choice for the DC. As far as the OC goes - Mike Sherman is still out there. If the Bills thought enough of him for the HC because of his offensive prowess why not consider him for the OC. Sherman's pride might get in the way but we might be able to get him and Bates.

582242[/snapback]

now that would make for a good staff. However, sherman would have a lot of pride to swallow. He'll get his $$ from the packers contract, but HC/GM to OC is a big drop off. For as much as some TBDers propped the guy up, he's still available after only interviewing with the bills... Not too out of the realm of posibilities to have Sherman as OC and bates as dc.

now that would make for a good staff.  However, sherman would have a lot of pride to swallow.  He'll get his $$ from the packers contract, but HC/GM to OC is a big drop off.  For as much as some TBDers propped the guy up, he's still available after only interviewing with the bills...  Not too out of the realm of posibilities to have Sherman as OC and bates as dc.

582308[/snapback]

Beats that unemployment line.

Beats that unemployment line.

582322[/snapback]

well, when you have lots of money, pride gets in the way.

hell, even when you're poor, pride gets in the way.

I can tell you one thing though. If sherman did take the OC job, you'd know that he was doing it for the love of the game, which is what this team need right now.

now that would make for a good staff.  However, sherman would have a lot of pride to swallow.  He'll get his $$ from the packers contract, but HC/GM to OC is a big drop off.  For as much as some TBDers propped the guy up, he's still available after only interviewing with the bills...  Not too out of the realm of posibilities to have Sherman as OC and bates as dc.

582308[/snapback]

Not sure i want Sherman as OC. If JP develops, or just if the offence improves, his name would surely come up again next year as HC material, and there we are again, 4th OC in 6 years

Not sure i want Sherman as OC. If JP develops, or just if the offence improves, his name would surely come up again next year as HC material, and there we are again, 4th OC in 6 years

582435[/snapback]

Hey, I'd LOVE that problem! I'd sure risk losing an OC NEXT year if it meant a winning season/play-off appearance THIS year. Anytime your team has a winning record, you risk losing some of your assistant coaches, FA players, etc. It's the nature of the "win now" environment. But "win now" is mUCH better than "win never"! :ph34r:

The Patriots have had arguably the most successful run in recent years, and their staffs were raided unmercifully ... yet they still managed to put together a winning season again this year ... so it CAN be done. Even though they didn't make it to the SB this year, I'd still trade places with them.

GO BILLS!

He's getting paid by the Pack to sit on his duff next season.  THAT beats the unemployment line.

582336[/snapback]

Right on.

$3.2 mill each of the next TWO seasons, and he loves living in Wisconsin. No friggin' way he takes an OC job elsewhere.

Course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong...