My Dream Mock Draft

BuffBills#1

1st rounder: Haloti Ngata, DT from Oregon

2nd rounder: Jonathon Scott, OT from Texas

Height: 6-7 | Weight: 310 | 40-Time: 5.30

Official Bio

Strengths:

Has excellent size with long arms and the frame to add even more weight...Lithe and very athletic with good quickness...Has tremendous feet...Moves extremely well and gets to the second level...Smart player with top intangibles...Has a lot of experience and has been very durable...Led the way for one of the most productive offenses in the nation throughout his career...Still has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:

Suffers from bouts of inconsistency...An underachiever who doesn't always play up to his talent level...Needs to work on a refining his technique as he will overextend and get sloppy with his footwork at times...Needs to his the weights and get stronger...Not very physical...Doesn't always finish and lacks a nasty demeanor.

Notes:

Father Ray enjoyed a short stint with the New York Jets...In terms of measurables and physical tools this guy is the total package and the majority of his faults are correctable...Has the potential and ability to be a top left tackle in the NFL.

3rd Rounder: A.J. Nicholson, LB from Florida State

(If Nicholson isn't there I'de go with Dominigue Bird, TE from USC or I'de go with Roger McIntosh, LB from Miami)

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 235 | 40-Time: 4.70

Official Bio

Strengths:

Athletic with good quickness and a burst...Playmaker with great instincts who is always around the action...Has a solid build and good strength...Mobile and has great range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Works his way through traffic and sheds blockers well...Does a nice job in coverage...Reliable tackler with a good motor...Can rush the passer a little...A leader who teammates look up to.

Weaknesses:

Does not have great size...Pure speed is only average...Ran into trouble off the field with two arrests for charges related to alcohol...Tore his MCL in 2003...Not very stout at the point of attack...Might need to be in the right scheme where he is protected by big defensive tackles...Will struggle against mammoth blockers.

Notes:

Father Darrell was drafted by the New York Giants in 1982...Younger brother Derek is a top young linebacker for the 'Noles...Final grade will likely be affected by character concerns...May not have all the measurables you look for but on the field he simply gets the job done...Ideal role would be as a weakside linebacker.

3rd Rounder: Greg Blue, Safety from Georgia

(If Blue isn't there I'de go with Dwayne Slay, Safety from Texas Tech)

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 214 | 40-Time: 4.42

Official Bio

Strengths:

Good athlete...Has excellent size and a solid frame...Is very fast with good recovery speed and a burst...Lives for the big hit and will lay people out...Has excellent range in coverage...Hips are fluid...Has quick feet...Outstanding in run support...Versatile and could project to either free or strong safety...Is very strong and physical...An intimidator...Still improving and has some upside and potential.

Weaknesses:

Only intercepted two passes throughout his career with both coming as a senior...Focuses too much on making the big hit and fails to wrap up...Is too aggressive at times...Will take bad angles to the ball...Is not as good in coverage as he should be considering his measurables...Might be a bit of a workout warrior.

Notes:

In terms of computer numbers he has everything you look for...A bit of an oddity in that he has the physical tools of a centerfielder / coverage guy but plays more like an in-the-box safety...Continues the tradition of Sean Jones & Thomas Davis.

Official Bio

Strengths:

Has excellent size with long arms and the frame to add even more weight...Lithe and very athletic with good quickness...Has tremendous feet...Moves extremely well and gets to the second level...Smart player with top intangibles...Has a lot of experience and has been very durable...Led the way for one of the most productive offenses in the nation throughout his career...Still has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:

Suffers from bouts of inconsistency...An underachiever who doesn't always play up to his talent level...Needs to work on a refining his technique as he will overextend and get sloppy with his footwork at times...Needs to his the weights and get stronger...Not very physical...Doesn't always finish and lacks a nasty demeanor.

Notes:

Father Ray enjoyed a short stint with the New York Jets...In terms of measurables and physical tools this guy is the total package and the majority of his faults are correctable...Has the potential and ability to be a top left tackle in the NFL.

(If Nicholson isn't there I'de go with Dominigue Bird, TE from USC or I'de go with Roger McIntosh, LB from Miami)

Official Bio

Strengths:

Athletic with good quickness and a burst...Playmaker with great instincts who is always around the action...Has a solid build and good strength...Mobile and has great range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Works his way through traffic and sheds blockers well...Does a nice job in coverage...Reliable tackler with a good motor...Can rush the passer a little...A leader who teammates look up to.

Weaknesses:

Does not have great size...Pure speed is only average...Ran into trouble off the field with two arrests for charges related to alcohol...Tore his MCL in 2003...Not very stout at the point of attack...Might need to be in the right scheme where he is protected by big defensive tackles...Will struggle against mammoth blockers.

Notes:

Father Darrell was drafted by the New York Giants in 1982...Younger brother Derek is a top young linebacker for the 'Noles...Final grade will likely be affected by character concerns...May not have all the measurables you look for but on the field he simply gets the job done...Ideal role would be as a weakside linebacker.

Official Bio

Strengths:

Good athlete...Has excellent size and a solid frame...Is very fast with good recovery speed and a burst...Lives for the big hit and will lay people out...Has excellent range in coverage...Hips are fluid...Has quick feet...Outstanding in run support...Versatile and could project to either free or strong safety...Is very strong and physical...An intimidator...Still improving and has some upside and potential.

Weaknesses:

Only intercepted two passes throughout his career with both coming as a senior...Focuses too much on making the big hit and fails to wrap up...Is too aggressive at times...Will take bad angles to the ball...Is not as good in coverage as he should be considering his measurables...Might be a bit of a workout warrior.

Notes:

In terms of computer numbers he has everything you look for...A bit of an oddity in that he has the physical tools of a centerfielder / coverage guy but plays more like an in-the-box safety...Continues the tradition of Sean Jones & Thomas Davis.

581186[/snapback]

Well done

Official Bio

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Notes:

Official Bio

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Notes:

Official Bio

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Notes:

581186[/snapback]

AJ is a criminal and Scott is an underachiver. Nagta has some personal problems and did not play well this year. He has to prove a lot in his workouts.

Blue might be gone by the latter part of the first or in the 2nd but you never know he is a good player.

im not sure but is jon scott the one who just hurt his knee ot is that someone else? i dont think marv would want AJ Nicholson because of his character issues, i love greg blue, i hope hes there in the 3rd but i dont think he will be, but that would be a good job

im not sure but is jon scott the one who just hurt his knee ot is that someone else? i dont think marv would want AJ Nicholson because of his character issues, i love greg blue, i hope hes there in the 3rd but i dont think he will be, but that would be a good job

581216[/snapback]

I did not here that Jonathan Scott OT from Texas hurt his knee but it doesn't matter. He didn't play well enough with two good knees anyway.

Jonathon Scott is interesting...his draft status is going to completely depend on how he performs at the Combine and his pro days.  He wont drop out of the 2nd round no matter how badly he does, but he could surge into the mid 1st round, the guy does have the talent.

581225[/snapback]

Never draft a talented player who is an underachiver in college. He will do the same thing in the pro's. There are better OT's in this draft.

Never draft a talented player who is an underachiver in college. He will do the same thing in the pro's.  There are better OT's in this draft.

581230[/snapback]

I agree, I'm a big fan of the Bills drafting Mr. O'Callaghan myself...I think he is dripping with NFL potential, especially if he switches to Guard.

I'm just saying someone will take Scott by the end of the second, for sure.

I agree, I'm a big fan of the Bills drafting Mr. O'Callaghan myself...I think he is dripping with NFL potential, especially if he switches to Guard. 

I'm just saying someone will take Scott by the end of the second, for sure.

581233[/snapback]

Watch for the OT from Boise St. He is going to jump up the boards and into the 1st round. If not he would be my pick in the 2nd for the Bills.

581216[/snapback]

You're right about AJ, I didn't realize that until now. But the tackle in the second round is debatable. Obviously, if Ferguson or Mario Williams somehow falls to us, I would take them both over Ngata.

I don't really think it is fair to start calling Nichalson a criminal after one incident. The guy got into a scuffle at a bar and the guy pressed charges on him and he got an assault charge. One bad character mistake is probably going to drop him from a late first early 2nd rounder to a 3rd rounder, so I say why not get a talent in the 3rd that shouldn't be there. As far as Jonathon Scott being an underachiever, I'm not really sure. I watched some Longhorns games, but I never just payed attention to him. Texas O-Line was one of the best in the country, and he is regarded as one of the top 5 lineman in the draft and if he falls to the 2nd I would snatch him up. It really is impossible to predict where players will land before the combine but it's still fun. A couple years ago Rivers was projected as a 3rd rounder, and after the senior bowl and combine he ended up being the 4th overall pick. My point is, you never know this really where a player will land.

Here is some info Ryan O'Callaghan, who I'm convinced is going to be an Alan Faneca clone for some lucky team...lets hope its us!

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...ocallaghan.html

From About.com's NFL Draft Preview

Positives:

Ryan O'Callaghan is a great All-American offensive tackle that dominates defenders. He led the way for one of the best rushing attacks in college football. He can make all the blocks, pushing defensive lineman into the secondary. Has great technique and adequate athleticism for his size. Will help any teams rushing attack and can start right away in the NFL. He is the new breed of offensive lineman in the NFL; Big!

Negatives:

There are not many negatives with Ryan's game. He is a little slow and unathletic at times. You will almost never see him pull because he lacks speed and athleticism. He can dominate defenders strictly with size in college, but will not be able to rely solely on his size in the NFL.

Overview:

He is a huge force that will translate well into the NFL. His great size matched with his even better technique makes him one of the best tackles in the draft. Look for him to be a second-round draft pick and starting right away in the NFL. The team that lands this massive offensive tackle will be very happy with what they get.

NFL Comparison: Mark Tauscher

Ryan O'Callaghan has really come on the last two years. Even though he played early on in his career, he truly began to shine as a junior in 2004. He earned All Pac 10 honors on the season. He entered this season with 23 consecutive starts on Cal's offensive line.

--Once O'Callaghan locks on to you, it's all over. With his massive frame and strength, he has the ability to dominate at the point of attack. He is a mauler in every sense of the word. He combines his size advantage with excellent toughness, and he just continues to fight and claw even if he does not lock on off the snap. He will also bring some versatility to his NFL team, as he has a ton of experience at tackle, but projects more to guard at the next level.--

Come on guys...this guy looks like he was BORN to be a Buffalo Bill.

http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2...-ocallaghan.jpg

You're right about AJ, I didn't realize that until now.  But the tackle in the second round is debatable.  Obviously, if Ferguson or Mario Williams somehow falls to us, I would take them both over Ngata.

581244[/snapback]

First off-Ngata's mother died, yes that is a personal problem, everyone in the world will deal with, the fact is he is very motivated, and he will make an impact day one. He is going to be better than Pat williams.

2nd, mark my words, Ferguson will be a complete bust in the NFL, he is too light, and not athletic enough, I don't care if he runs a 4.8 40 in the combine, there are DE that are stronger and faster than him, the future of the LT spot lies in the hands of Jason Peters, he is physical (unlike D'Brick) has great hands and is very athletic for his size. Don't mess with the d brick-it will only bring heartache.

call me crazy but how did the last texas tackle we draft turn out?

I don't really think it is fair to start calling Nichalson a criminal after one incident.  The guy got into a scuffle at a bar and the guy pressed charges on him and he got an assault charge.  One bad character mistake is probably going to drop him from a late first early 2nd rounder to a 3rd rounder, so I say why not get a talent in the 3rd that shouldn't be there.  As far as Jonathon Scott being an underachiever, I'm not really sure.  I watched some Longhorns games, but I never just payed attention to him.  Texas O-Line was one of the best in the country, and he is regarded as one of the top 5 lineman in the draft and if he falls to the 2nd I would snatch him up.  It really is impossible to predict where players will land before the combine but it's still fun.  A couple years ago Rivers was projected as a 3rd rounder, and after the senior bowl and combine he ended up being the 4th overall pick.  My point is, you never know this really where a player will land.

581254[/snapback]

Yup, all AJ did was beat someones ass in a bar down here. No suspension from the team or anything. Now about the recent alleged sexual misconduct, i dont think anything came out of it. Regardless, hes a hell of a LB, and would be a great mid-round pick.