DJ on ESPN Radio right now

KYBillsFan

nm

581067[/snapback]

- Didn't really think about whether he would ever get another head coaching job

- Wanted to take care of whatever job he had at the moment

- For it to work, entire organization must be on same page, and get lucky in terms of injuries and the way the ball bounces

- A chance to win is all you can ask for

- Couldn't answer how the team needs to change to win in AFC East, has only watched a couple of tapes

- Most of the pressure to win is internal

- Has always enjoyed being around football, especially a team where everyone is committed to the team

- Doesn't feel like he's ever been overwhelmed by pressure

- Hasn't met with players yet

- When he meets with the team the first time he will tell them the rules he will enforce

- First order of business is to hire a staff and then evaluate the talent on current roster, then free agents, then college

- Every position is open to competition

- Would not say who would be QB

So, nothing new or groundbreaking at all.

Great, glad "How will you fix this team" wasn't one of the questions they asked him in his interview.

Un fuggin' believable.

581088[/snapback]

This was my initial reaction too. However, after thinking about it a moment I've changed my mind. A guy that was just hired to become HC of the team isn't going to have done in depth player evaluations of each player. Without having done these evaluations there's no way the guy is ever going to go on a radio talk show and criticize players that he hasn't even met yet. That wouldn't go over well at all. Even a simple statement like , "we need to fix the OL" wouldn't go over well in the locker room. He made the smart play here by not saying anything.

They should've asked him "What's up in Detroit?!"  That might have been entertaining.  :devil:

581101[/snapback]

Honestly, the fact that Matt Millen passed on Jauron makes me feel better about him. Millen is a friggin laughing stock. Have you checked any lions message boards or read their local papers? They are in a bigger state of shock than Bills fans at their new head cocach. I have a feeling many there would have welcomed Dick with open arms compared to the mess they have now.

- Didn't really think about whether he would ever get another head coaching job

- Wanted to take care of whatever job he had at the moment

- For it to work, entire organization must be on same page, and get lucky in terms of injuries and the way the ball bounces

- A chance to win is all you can ask for

- Couldn't answer how the team needs to change to win in AFC East, has only watched a couple of tapes

- Most of the pressure to win is internal

- Has always enjoyed being around football, especially a team where everyone is committed to the team

- Doesn't feel like he's ever been overwhelmed by pressure

- Hasn't met with players yet

- When he meets with the team the first time he will tell them the rules he will enforce

- First order of business is to hire a staff and then evaluate the talent on current roster, then free agents, then college

- Every position is open to competition

- Would not say who would be QB

So, nothing new or groundbreaking at all.

581076[/snapback]

One of he things I liked about what he said is that from week to week you have to figure out how to beat the team you are facing. He says Belicheck does a great job of adjusting week by week to his opponents. He says he wants to do the same in Buffalo. If he does do this, it will be a step up from GW and MM. Both of them seemed to want to run the same schemes regardless of who we were playing instead of attacking the other teams weaknesses.

One of he things I liked about what he said is that from week to week you have to figure out how to beat the team you are facing.  He says Belicheck does a great  job of adjusting week by week to his opponents.  He says he wants to do the same in Buffalo.  If he does do this, it will be a step up from GW and MM.  Both of them seemed to want to run the same schemes regardless of who we were playing instead of attacking the other teams weaknesses.

581106[/snapback]

Thats good to hear. One thing that comes to mind is that if he does follow through with this philosophy, Gray's days of DC are indeed over.

One of he things I liked about what he said is that from week to week you have to figure out how to beat the team you are facing.  He says Belicheck does a great  job of adjusting week by week to his opponents.  He says he wants to do the same in Buffalo.  If he does do this, it will be a step up from GW and MM.  Both of them seemed to want to run the same schemes regardless of who we were playing instead of attacking the other teams weaknesses.

581106[/snapback]

That is muy bueno.

INTERESTING.  I hear scoring more points than the other team also is a good way to win.  At least, that's what Joe Theisman tells me.

581175[/snapback]

Well, it's better than just showing up without a specific game plan designed to beat your opponent ala the last 5 years.

Well, it's better than just showing up without a specific game plan designed to beat your opponent ala the last 5 years.

581210[/snapback]

I'm willing to give him a break, but I hope he can handle the press better than his predecessors. I know the Buffalo press isn't particularly bad, as it is in NY, Boston, or a couple other places, but keeping the fans happy is key. We don't have a 4 million person fan base here.