Raleigh and Richmond Residents

plenzmd1

To any and all Buffalo fans in the Raleigh area. Thinking of taking a drive down to the Sabres game there on the 12th. Should be a good game, and only bout a 2 1/2 hr drive.

First question for my Raleigh residents. Hows the scalping scene at RBC. I prefer to scalp, and know in places like DC, much better to scalp than buy tickets beforehand. But in places like BMORE, its like doing a friggen drug deal, and tickets can be hard to come by. Just looking for some imput, and to see if the Canes recent success has made it harder to scalp at a decent price.

For my Richmond brethern, anybody interested in making the drive. Its on Sunday the 12th, 5.00pm game, so figure be home no later than midnight. I am all for someone else driving, more beers at the game for me :D

Look forward to some replies

Paul, I already bought two tickets (for myself and my wife) for this game. Sure, I spent $85 per, but it saves the hassle of scalping and we'll be in the 12th row, center ice. Seems to me that unless you think you can really save some money (or don't care where you sit), buying ahead of time is the way to go. I don't know the scalping scene at the RBC Center; Carolina is playing very good hockey and it's starting to feel like it did a few seasons ago when the area went nuts for the Canes.

Anyway, I know I didn't answer your question, but if you wind up making the trip, PM me and we'll find a way to tailgate or grab a beer between periods.

I bought 4 tickets last week through ticketmaster, Section 302. There are gonna be about 15 other people in that section rooting for the Sabres. I hope it is a good game. The Sabres have a home game the night before so hopefully they wont be flat for the Hurricanes game.

I have no idea about the scalping option. I agree with you on the B-more scalping scene. I scalped some Yankee tickets there and I thought I was buying some crack or something with the way the scalpers acted.

Paul, I already bought two tickets (for myself and my wife) for this game.  Sure, I spent $85 per, but it saves the hassle of scalping and we'll be in the 12th row, center ice.  Seems to me that unless you think you can really save some money (or don't care where you sit), buying ahead of time is the way to go.  I don't know the scalping scene at the RBC Center; Carolina is playing very good hockey and it's starting to feel like it did a few seasons ago when the area went nuts for the Canes.

Anyway, I know I didn't answer your question, but if you wind up making the trip, PM me and we'll find a way to tailgate or grab a beer between periods.

579949[/snapback]

Sounds good. I like to scalp because I usually end up getting better seats for a chepaer price, and usually quite a bit lower. But thats only when going by myself, and not worrying about getting a single. I looked on stub and ebay, and it seems like some pretty good seats, similiar to yours at $85, which seems like a good price to me. May go that route.

I am pretty sure i'm coming, so will pm closer to game day and we will get together.

To any and all Buffalo fans in the Raleigh area. Thinking of taking a drive down to the Sabres game there on the 12th. Should be a good game, and only bout a 2 1/2 hr drive.

First question for my Raleigh residents. Hows the scalping scene at RBC. I prefer to scalp, and know in places like DC, much better to scalp than buy tickets beforehand. But in places like BMORE, its like doing a friggen drug deal, and tickets can be hard to come by. Just looking for some imput, and to see if the Canes recent success has made it harder to scalp at a decent price.

For my Richmond brethern, anybody interested in making the drive. Its on Sunday the 12th, 5.00pm game, so figure be home no later than midnight. I am all for someone else driving, more beers at the game for me ;)

Look forward to some replies

579929[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, this is policed fairly well at the RBC. Games with Buffalo are fairly well attended by former residents. They even get into the "1-2-3 we want 4" cheer.

If I remember correctly, this is policed fairly well at the RBC.  Games with Buffalo are fairly well attended by former residents.  They even get into the "1-2-3 we want 4" cheer.

580593[/snapback]

I will be there on 2/12. I have been to a few Sabres-Canes games and there is always a large contingent of Sabres fans in attendance.