Why not wait for the official announcement?

Tolstoy

Folks, we are all overreacting. Here is why:

(1) The media could be wrong--it has happened before! (See the 2000 election: ABC News--"Gore has won Florida!")

(2) Even if Jauron is the HC, let Marv speak about the hiring process. Let Jauron introduce himself to the fans. Since when do you judge a man from hearsay, and not for yourself??

Lets hear about his program and plans, his OC and DC, etc. All of these things might make a difference in how we feel about the hire.

Finally, I would like to say that with Jauron, you get a defensive-minded coach. All things being equal, I would rather have that than an offensive-minded coach. Why? Defense wins championships, and with a defensive-minded coach, it is less likely for the defense to be ignored, and more likely to get a championship defense.

You make too much sense for a Bills fan. By the way, well stated. While I would have liked Haslett, I will wait before it is official and wait until I hear ML and DJ actually utter words.

Heck for all we know, Mike Sherman said he could build a winner in 3-5 years and both ML and RW said NO WAY...we want to win NOW.

That could be a deal breaker or maker.

Folks, we are all overreacting.  Here is why:

(1) The media could be wrong--it has happened before! (See the 2000 election: ABC News--"Gore has won Florida!")

(2) Even if Jauron is the HC, let Marv speak about the hiring process.  Let Jauron introduce himself to the fans. Since when do you judge a man from hearsay, and not for yourself??

Lets hear about his program and plans, his OC and DC, etc.  All of these things might make a difference in how we feel about the hire.

Finally, I would like to say that with Jauron, you get a defensive-minded coach.  All things being equal, I would rather have that than an offensive-minded coach.  Why?  Defense wins championships, and with a defensive-minded coach, it is less likely for the defense to be ignored, and more likely to get a championship defense.

578308[/snapback]

Folks, we are all overreacting.  Here is why:

(2) Even if Jauron is the HC, let Marv speak about the hiring process.  Let Jauron introduce himself to the fans. Since when do you judge a man from hearsay, and not for yourself??

Lets hear about his program and plans, his OC and DC, etc.  All of these things might make a difference in how we feel about the hire.

Finally, I would like to say that with Jauron, you get a defensive-minded coach.  All things being equal, I would rather have that than an offensive-minded coach.  Why?  Defense wins championships, and with a defensive-minded coach, it is less likely for the defense to be ignored, and more likely to get a championship defense.

578308[/snapback]

Yes lets just sit back.. and smile and hold hands and all get excited about how the Bufflalo Bills are on thier way back to being contenders in the NFL. Bull.. this sucks.. I'm pissed and I think it is time to react..

Check out the front page of BuffaloBills.com. Look at the "Bills clips today" section in the lower right hand corner. I'd say thats pretty official if you ask me...

578331[/snapback]

The only thing that means is that they've got a search program posting links to off-site articles. Just like the TBD front page.

The most recent "official" news from OBD is the Caldwell interview.

Well, if it does indeed turn out to be DJ, I seriously hope that one of the Buffalo media has the cojones to ask Ralph and Marv why they chose DJ over Sherman, especially given Sherman's successful track record vs Jauron's. Oh how I'd love to hear the response to that one.

AP story.

578380[/snapback]

Sorry, but last I checked John Wawrow - while a good writer - works for the Associated Press, not the Buffalo Bills.

Wawrow's source may well be correct, but nothing's "official" until the Bills themselves say so.

The only thing that means is that they've got a search program posting links to off-site articles. Just like the TBD front page.

The most recent "official" news from OBD is the Caldwell interview.

578371[/snapback]

precisely...i'm going to sit back and wait for official confirmation rather than join the masses running around like headless chickens

i find myself to be too tired to get excited or depressed anyway after such an unusual season