Football fans? Hardly.

I just don't see why I need to be all happy and excited, when I don't see anything to even be positive about.  At least Sherman has a great record.  I could get excited about that.

578430[/snapback]

Were you excited when ML was hired back in the mid 80's? His career turned out all right.

As much as we despised TD at the end, he was a genius for giving us hope with his off-season moves each year.  We're off to a poor start in the ML-era so far, IMO.

578420[/snapback]

I agree with that. But it's your choice to have hope or not. If you really think you know that Jauron is going to suck, the mystery OC is going to call bad plays, the unnamed FA's we sign are going to suck and the draft choices are going to suck and the veterans we keep are not going to play well as a team or improve, then you can join JSP ragging about everything until the second week of September. It was your decision whether to believe TD or not. Frankly, i didn't believe TD, nor did I even think he said much of anything to make me believe him. I believed that he had assembled a pretty good roster though, and that gave me the hope. Turned out to crash in front of our eyes but I didnt believe the GM because of what he said in a press conference. I will wait until I see who Jauron hires (if it's Jauron), who we sign in FA, who we lose, who we draft, etc., before I predict doom.

Perhaps, but at least I won't be let down again. There is only upside in this method.

578425[/snapback]

I never believe that. Personally, I think it's dumb reasoning. I am just as pissed and disappointed when they lose whether I thought beforehand they were going to win or lose. I am as pissed as can be, and I think you are also. I don't think you're let down any more or less, you're seething when they lose and thrilled when they win. So I don't fall for the won't be let down again nonsense. You'll be just as let down and you know it. <_<

I never believe that. Personally, I think it's dumb reasoning. I am just as pissed and disappointed when they lose whether I thought beforehand they were going to win or lose. I am as pissed as can be, and I think you are also. I don't think you're let down any more or less, you're seething when they lose and thrilled when they win. So I don't fall for the won't be let down again nonsense. You'll be just as let down and you know it.  <_<

578452[/snapback]

It's kind of like investing witha hedge. The object is to soften the blow.

I will wait until I see who Jauron hires (if it's Jauron), who we sign in FA, who we lose, who we draft, etc., before I predict doom.

578442[/snapback]

I will too. But my socks remain firmly in place with this hire and it's going to take signing a couple of top-tier FAs to get them to start rolling down even a bit. Still a very muddled situation at OBD and this week's PC is going to be yet another misadventure, IMO.