Bottom Line: This drawn out search

Beerstm

A coach has to be a good motivator and a good administrator. The fact is, for anyone to be a great coach and succeed in the NFL, You have to have good assistants. Right now there are good assistants out there in the NFL who are being interviewed by other teams.

My fear is that it will take a year or two for the new coach to assemble their coaching staff. That probably means more losing seasons in Buffalo no matter who the coach is. The fact that the Bills expect to make an announcement by Tuesday disappoints me greatly. Yes, I’m curious , and I’m a know it all fan. But fact is. The new coach needs time to assemble his team…

I just can’t imagine that Levy and Wilson thought that highly of Sherman just to interview another handful of candidates. Any optimism I had is quickly dissipating

A coach has to be a good motivator and a good administrator.  The fact is, for anyone to be a great coach and succeed in the NFL,  You have to have good assistants.  Right now there are good assistants out there in the NFL who are being interviewed by other teams. 

My fear is that it will take a year or two for the new coach to assemble their coaching staff.  That probably means more losing seasons in Buffalo no matter who the coach is.  The fact that the Bills expect to make an announcement by Tuesday disappoints me greatly.  Yes, I’m curious , and I’m a know it all fan.  But fact is.  The new coach needs time to assemble his team…

I just can’t imagine that Levy and Wilson thought that highly of Sherman just to interview another handful of candidates.    Any optimism I had is quickly dissipating

575520[/snapback]

Well if we listen to Marv and Ralph we only need to replace 6 coaches 1. OC 2. DC 3. DB coach 4. Strenghth and Conditioning 5. Offensive assitant and 6. DL coach. Look at the irony of looking for a head coach- Weve interviewed and offensive cordinator and 2 defensive coordinators- no point here but Hasselet will be looking for a defensive coordinator job along with capers since it appears noone will hire them. However, if sherman is hired its rumuroed Bates will come with him so essentially that will fill 1 slot of 5.

The hardest spot to fill will be offensive coordinator. STeve Marriucci is available and if Sherman is hired maybe he will be brought in? Maybe they will promate Wyche unlikely-bring in Farve since he retire to be QB coach for JP or maybe Jimbo has been promised th QB coaching slot?Hire Lofton as Offense Assitant . All saracsm aside The offensive coordinator will be the hardest to fill other than that it looks like the reast should be easy to fill. So time shouldnt really hurt the team all that much when it comes to assitants.

I have a gut feeling that the hc has been selected.

All the interviews here on out are for coordinater positions.  Lofton, Capers and Haz (if he's still coming in).

Kind of smart.

575563[/snapback]

I would think your HC would be involved with the hiring of his coordinators and since we don't have a HC, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I would think your HC would be involved with the hiring of his coordinators and since we don't have a HC, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

575565[/snapback]

Yeah I understand that. But, don't you think Marv is saying, "if you don't get the hc job would you be interested in a coordinater position"?

Drawn out? Mularky resgined 1 week ago and we have interviewed several candidiates since and will most likely have a new coach in place by Monday or Tuesday. I prefer a little due dilligence....

hing is, some will complain if it's a quick processs because we didn't search enough and the other half will complain if we take our time because we dragged it out....and we ALL know that no matter who the new coach is there will be some segments complaining.

I'd take anybody as long as we get back to being a playoff caliber team soon!

Im more worried about the new coach getting his playbook to the players.

They have to learn alot of stuff in a short period of time. Also the new coach needs

to look at game tape so he can tell Marv and Tom what he needs to be successful.

Im more worried about the new coach getting his playbook to the players.

They have to learn alot of stuff in a short period of time. Also the new coach needs

to look at game tape so he can tell Marv and Tom what he needs to be successful.

575639[/snapback]

Somebody please tell me this was a joke.

A coach has to be a good motivator and a good administrator.  The fact is, for anyone to be a great coach and succeed in the NFL,  You have to have good assistants.  Right now there are good assistants out there in the NFL who are being interviewed by other teams. 

My fear is that it will take a year or two for the new coach to assemble their coaching staff.  That probably means more losing seasons in Buffalo no matter who the coach is.  The fact that the Bills expect to make an announcement by Tuesday disappoints me greatly.  Yes, I’m curious , and I’m a know it all fan.  But fact is.  The new coach needs time to assemble his team…

I just can’t imagine that Levy and Wilson thought that highly of Sherman just to interview another handful of candidates.    Any optimism I had is quickly dissipating

575520[/snapback]

Given the "huh - what's exactly up? Levy press conference, and the current dilly-dallying, a charge of buffoonery would be tough to refute.

There is something to be said for making a confident, affirmitive choice in the sports business. Dancing between the raindrops is less than manly...I understand taking time, but this isn't "rocket surgury", or choosing what variant of I-Hop waffle is best.

A good HC is like a good General - a fighting man with an army at his disposal, who is smart enough to realize that the best of plans fall into the toilet moments after the first shot is fired and is equally smart enough to understand that he needs to impart tactics that respond to the moment.