Jets' OC

Albany,n.y.

From KFFL:

Jets | Heimerdinger wants out of contract

Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:46:11 -0800

Karen Crouse, of the New York Times, reports New York Jets offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger wants to be released from the team's coaching staff. The Jets, through their spokesman, Ron Colangelo, said Thursday evening, Jan. 19, that Heimerdinger had been retained to run the offense under the new head coach, Eric Mangini. But Heimerdinger's agent said his client wished to be released from his contract and was being kept on the Jets' staff against his will. "That is what is so incredulous to me, because this just doesn't add up," Heimerdinger's agent, Robert LaMonte, said last night. "I just hope we can get beyond this." Heimerdinger's stance, according to two people close to him is basically this: If the Jets did not consider him valuable enough to promote, why do they want him to stay?

what is with NY Jet coaches trying to wiggle out of their contracts? if he wanted more flexability perhaps he should have signed a 1 year deal? but no, he wanted the security of a long-term deal, he wanted the security in case he blew his first season and the team fired him......

lofton80 hit the nail on the head - he is trying to get to denver to join his old buddy shanny........i hope the jets stick it to him and make him honor his contract........

first the players, and now the coaches.......you sign a deal you should honor the deal........

Anyone else think the Jets try to trade Hermandinger? I mean they've already traded away thier HC, why not OC too and just keep stockpiling picks for thier rebuild. I know it's a waste of space to even post crap like this, but how much sillier can this offseason get?

what is with NY Jet coaches trying to wiggle out of their contracts? if he wanted more flexability perhaps he should have signed a 1 year deal? but no, he wanted the security of a long-term deal, he wanted the security in case he blew his first season and the team fired him......

lofton80 hit the nail on the head - he is trying to get to denver to join his old buddy shanny........i hope the jets stick it to him and make him honor his contract........

first the players, and now the coaches.......you sign a deal you should honor the deal........

575153[/snapback]

I agree wag, great post

Then I guess teams should never re-sign their young stars for market value because those players wouldn't be honoring their original deals.  :devil:

575404[/snapback]

thank you for providing us an excellent example of "not funny".......i think you should take some of your own advice.....