Why the Rush?

soldier

I believe (and I may be wrong) if another team offers him a promotion of some kind, he can get out of his contract.  I had heard on FOX, that a few teams had already inquired about him...

575052[/snapback]

OK, then we promote him.

Special Teams coach and VP in charge of Potholes in the parking lot (I think Marv indicated a vacancy). :devil:

Krumrie was hired today by KC

574998[/snapback]

Thank you for posting this. I wasn't aware of this info.

I am thrilled to hear that Coach K got another job, and I hope that a raise was included. One of my best RWS memories was sitting behind him in the first row and watching him, on a 39 degree rainy day, run around the sidelines like a lunatic, wearing no coat of course.

As I recall, he has children in college. Yes, it is great to see a good man land on his feet. Too bad he will have to deal with Edwards, and watch him promptly ruin the Chiefs. :devil:

Good luck Coach K, and thanks!

The only reason to hurry is if you're worried about losing out on a DC or OC. But again those aren't likely to fill to quick till the last coaching slots are filled. The nthings wil lcascade downward. If they hire Sherman, a good chance Bates comes too. So then have filled on coord slot. Then they just need to work on OC. And even without, they have the nucleus of the offensive staff in place. Plus Sherman is from offensive side, so again not too bad there.

It would be hard for another team to offer April a promotion other than assistant HC/special teams, so not too nervious there either.

I believe there's an edict in place from the NFL that says, though shalt not hire coaches or call a press conference while playoff games are going on or will be struck by lightening. Over the weekend they want all attention on the games and nothing else. So essentially no one can hire anyone till Monday. Not that they can't have a deal in place, but no actual hires announced.

Teams would certainly have trouble if they need to build an entire staff from scratch with a late hire,

574993[/snapback]

You mean like that team that misfired, er, hired on Gregg Williams a few years ago and he had to hire a staff of coaches straight out of school?