What if a woman gets beheaded?

Tux of Borg

Earlier this year militants beheaded a woman in Kashmir. Nobody really cared and it wasn't a big news story. What if an American woman was beheaded in Iraq. Would it change the way people feel? To me a human life is a human life regardless of the sex. But would people be more upset if it was a female or child being murdered.

I don't know if it would have much impact on Iraqis, the women over there are not much more than property to them. People that will kill women for adultry aren't going to be moved much if a woman gets killed. As for Americans, it would raise the whole issue again about whether women should be allowed in war zones, and women's roles in the military.

You actually raise an interesting question. The truth is, there likely WOULD be more of an outcry, but it's doubtful we'll "ultimately" react any differently than we do when a man is beheaded. Once the horror has passed, it's time to turn the TV on.

One problem these guys have with beheading everyone: There will, unfortunately, come a time...if that time isn't already here...when we will barely react at all to another beheading. Once something becomes commonplace to Americans, we just accept it, and go back to our lives.

Once something becomes commonplace to Americans, we just accept it, and go back to our lives.

That's how it is with the casualties in Iraq, whether American or Iraqi. It's to the point that it's the exception if we go through a day without hearing about people getting killed or wounded. Too many people have been numbed to it instead of being outraged over it, after having been given the "happy Iraqi" scenario prior to the occupation.

That's how it is with the casualties in Iraq, whether American or Iraqi.  It's to the point that it's the exception if we go through a day without hearing about people getting killed or wounded.  Too many people have been numbed to it instead of being outraged over it, after having been given the "happy Iraqi" scenario prior to the occupation.

41852[/snapback]

Hey dude, pass the "Pringles" can and shhhh, I trying to watch "Fear Factor!"

:w00t::w00t:

Too many people have been numbed to it instead of being outraged over it, after having been given the "happy Iraqi" scenario prior to the occupation.

We agree about half way through your statement. Beyond that, we disagree in that I don't believe America's complacency is driven by what we were told, apparently, by the Bush admin.

America already forgot what they were told. The truth is, people just stop paying attention to these things because they're too fuggin' lazy to care one way or another about anything that doesn't directly involve their individual life.

You can blame the administration if you want, because it's a popular thing to do; like blaming Bledsoe for the Bills being 0-2. But its not really the reason.

I don't know if it would have much impact on Iraqis, the women over there are not much more than property to them.  People that will kill women for adultry aren't going to be moved much if a woman gets killed.  As for Americans, it would raise the whole issue again about whether women should be allowed in war zones, and women's roles in the military.

41391[/snapback]

I think you may be getting Iraq somewhat confused with afghanistan. Women are certainly far more than property in Iraq. While they may not quite be on an equal basis with their western counterparts they have far more equality than many women in Islamic countries. Women in Iraq are doctors, teachers etc ... The two women currently in US custody held high positions in Saddam's government. Divorce is legal and most women in Iraq dress in the western style.

Bush needs to invoke retribution screw the rest of the world.I beleive that all the leaders of these various terrorists organizations can be located  or have been but they are allowed to go on with this savagery , Kerry is not the answer

42114[/snapback]

What? Do you honestly believe that if Bush knew where Bin-Laden or Zarqawi was, he wouldn't drop a bomb on their heads?

What? Do you honestly believe that if Bush knew where Bin-Laden or Zarqawi was, he wouldn't drop a bomb on their heads?

42139[/snapback]

If that were the only solution. If it were me, I'd try to take them down with something that doesn't rely on DNA testing, just so that me and everyone else was sure we had them.

Start kidnapping the relatives of the mucky-mucks of the suspect region. I am totally tired of this we-can't-be-like-them hand-wringing stuff.

These people want to kill you and enslave and pork your mothers, wives and daughters. And many feel if we only solve their poverty visited upon their own ,they will then listen to reason. Right.

The world is full of the remains, for several thousands of years, of those who felt they had compellling words that would be accepted by two-legged beasts.

You can raise animals from birth to be vicious. History shows you can do exactly the same with humans.

Start kidnapping the relatives of the mucky-mucks of the suspect region. I am totally tired of this we-can't-be-like-them hand-wringing stuff.

These people want to kill you and enslave and pork your mothers, wives and daughters. And many feel if we only solve their poverty visited upon their own ,they will then listen to reason. Right.

The world is full of the remains, for several thousands of years, of those who felt they had compellling words that would be accepted by two-legged beasts.

You can raise animals from birth to be vicious. History shows you can do exactly the same with humans.

42189[/snapback]

Who needs history to see that. We can just scroll through a few threads here to see that vicious neanderthals march amongst us still.

Who needs history to see that. We can just scroll through a few threads here to see that vicious neanderthals march amongst us still.

I truly pity someone like yourself that is so WRONG about others and in general, is just so miserable.

AGAIN...I must ask...if you cant stand it here so much, then why dont you leave? If you cant stand to hear an opposing point of view, then why dont you just split already? You cant get rhough one post these days without whining about everything. If its so bad for you, then LEAVE.

I truly pity someone like yourself that is so WRONG about others and in general, is just so miserable.

AGAIN...I must ask...if you cant stand it here so much, then why dont you leave? If you cant stand to hear an opposing point of view, then why dont you just split already? You cant get rhough one post these days without whining about everything. If its so bad for you, then LEAVE.

42465[/snapback]

Just remember, Deb lauds herself as tolerant. :blink: