To anyone who doesn't want Sherman

Chilly

I don't have any reason to NOT want the guy.....I just was hoping we'd get Haz in here. If Sherman gets the team turned around, I'll be his biggest supporter. I just don't know enough about him to feel one way or the other.

I want sherman for two reasons:

1) when i say his name, i actually can see a face to go along with it.

2) i don't cringe.

After Greggggggggg, and MM, that's the only criteria i ask for!

573740[/snapback]

I want Sherman and he was my pick before Mularkey quit. There are many reason i feel this way.

1. Marv is an inexperienced GM Sherman is an experienced Gm they could compliment each other.

2. Sherman coached in Green Bay the only other team with a fan base comparible to the Bills so he knows what to expect.

3. Green bay is a cold weather team so their wont be much of a drop off coming into Buffalo.

4. Granted JP is not Bret Farve but he does resemble him in alot of ways and Shermans experience with Farve could lead JP to be a very productive QB in this leauge.

5. Sherman brings respectiblity to the HC position immeadately upon hiring very few if any will disrespect his authority like they did with GW/MM.

Why is that?  How can you not want a guy who has put up a record that he has at this stage of the game?

I just want a guy who will win, and Sherman seems to be that guy.

573699[/snapback]

To answer your question, a person who doesn't want Sherman is not too impressed with his postseason record, thinks he inherited a playoff-caliber team (or at the very leat, the best QB in the game), and won many of his games beating up on the Detroits and Chicagos of the world.

I'm not one of those people, though.

To answer your question, a person who doesn't want Sherman is not too impressed with his postseason record, thinks he inherited a playoff-caliber team (or at the very leat, the best QB in the game), and won many of his games beating up on the Detroits and Chicagos of the world.

573792[/snapback]

i feel that way.

that isn't to say i don't want sherman, i just think hazz would be a better fit.

i think a tough strong head coach will be tempered by marv and will get this team to play.

i think the personel moves of NO while hazz was there were terrible and inspite of this NO was a competitve team in a VERY tough division. (i see last year as a throw away).

hazz did win coach of the year and did get NO to its only ever play off win.

throw in his passion for buffalo and the bills and i think you have a guy who can be our cowher, but with more creativitiy.

I am okay with Sherman. He is a winner. Winners get that way by winning. Jauron on the other hand is popular with players, caught lightening in a bottle for one season, but is a loser. Sherman has GM experience, has a proven and successful track record and I suspect will coach his own game. This may not be acceptable to ML and RW, but I hope they realize that that may be essential in turning this team around. The more I hear of Jauron the more I wonder how he got this far in the search.

573792[/snapback]

I would add: (1) that I don't want to see the West Coast offense here, which I believe would retard JP's growth for another three years; and (2) I attribute a lot of his success in Green Bay to having a HOF QB.

I would add: (1) that I don't want to see the West Coast offense here, which I believe would retard JP's growth for another three years; and (2) I attribute a lot of his success in Green Bay to having a HOF QB.

573881[/snapback]

And he lost the only 2 home playoff games in franchise history, one of which included getting badly outcoached by Wade Phillips.

And I've mentioned this before, but he is a dreadful gameday coach. Mularkey wasn't half bad in that department, whether you guys want to admit it or not.

Sherman's squads were arguably "under-achievers". Those teams made the post-season from being the best of what was probably the weakest division in football during those years. Getting to face Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota twice a year every year when none of those teams had much talent was a good way to "pad stats" in the W-L column, post-season appearances, etc. They never did much in the post-season once they got there.

That said, I'm ready for an EXPERIENCED coach for a change (what's the definition of insanity? - keep doing the same thing, while expecting a different outcome?). So, I'd be happy with either Jauron or Sherman at this point, since it seems an impossible dreams to wish for Weiss, Tressel, or Ferentz.

GO BILLS!

I think Sherman had good talent at times. I don't think he got the most out of it.

I like Jauron as a defensive coach. I like what I hear about him. Good relationship with Levy.

He's been in football forever.

My Gut tells me it will be Jauron and I will be happy with decision.

Sherman's squads were arguably "under-achievers".  Those teams made the post-season from being the best of what was probably the weakest division in football during those years.  Getting to face Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota twice a year every year when none of those teams had much talent was a good way to "pad stats" in the W-L column, post-season appearances, etc.  They never did much in the post-season once they got there.

That said, I'm ready for an EXPERIENCED coach for a change (what's the definition of insanity?  - keep doing the same thing, while expecting a different outcome?).  So, I'd be happy with either Jauron or Sherman at this point, since it seems an impossible dreams to wish for Weiss, Tressel, or Ferentz.

GO BILLS!

573951[/snapback]

How are we to react then to Dick Jauron who, in that same weak division, failed pretty badly except for one year?

I dont know...I've never heard anyone mention Dick Jauron for any of the other HC jobs in the NFL...if he's so talented why havent other teams swooped him up after the Lions crashed this year? To me it all seems like Marv settling on one of his buddies...same thing our old GM did.

I really think the Bills should just cut the crap and bring in the guy with the best WINNING record...which would be Sherman. Thats all that matters to me, and as a fan I know I'd feel more comfortable with a guy like Sherman in charge then a guy like Jauron who I honestly didnt even know was still coaching in the league until 2 months ago.

573792[/snapback]

At least he has a post season record. I just want to give a crap about a apost season game for one.

Just going to use your post, Tortured Soul, as a good base. I also prefer Sherman over Jauron.

a person who doesn't want Sherman is not too impressed with his postseason record

Sherman made the playoffs 4 of 6 years

Jauron made the playoffs 1 of 6 years (and lost that 1 game)

won many of his games beating up on the Detroits and Chicagos of the world.

So Sherman beat teams coached by Jauron?

Sherman is a offensive guy and his offenses have ranked pretty high - for the most part in the top half or better. (His defenses have also been in the top half mostly as well.)

Jauron is a defensive guy and yet his defenses as HC and DC have for the most part been in the bottom half or worse. (His offenses have been even worse.)

Just going to use your post, Tortured Soul, as a good base.  I also prefer Sherman over Jauron.

Sherman made the playoffs 4 of 6 years

Jauron made the playoffs 1 of 6 years (and lost that 1 game)

So Sherman beat teams coached by Jauron?

Sherman is a offensive guy and his offenses have ranked pretty high - for the most part in the top half or better.  (His defenses have also been in the top half mostly as well.)

Jauron is a defensive guy and yet his defenses as HC and DC have for the most part been in the bottom half or worse.  (His offenses have been even worse.)

574049[/snapback]

I didn't read this post as a Sherman vs. Jauron thing. I thought it was more Sherman on his own merits.

Another problem is he just never struck you as a good coach. I don't remember anyone saying, "Wow, the Packers won 12 two years in a row. That Sherman is a hell of a coach." Maybe they should've, but they didn't. At least with a guy like Fassel, there was that one Superbowl year that people agreed he did a great job.