LOST 2.11 Discussion Thread

UConn James

You would think there would be some discussion about getting the boat.

575238[/snapback]

But the boat is a short range boat, not an open ocean boat (according to Sawyer at the beginning of the season), so they can't use that to escape.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- What if Sawyer chose to use the name Sawyer on the island because Sarah did go to him after Jack. He is using the different name so JAck will not find out? Now that Locke insists on calling him "James" it may get interesting.

573949[/snapback]

I don't think that could be the case, Jack was standing right behind Sawyer when Locke brought up Sawyer's real name.

I'm wondering if Jack's Dad had smething to do with the breakup. I just got that feeling when he kept telling Jack to go home.

can someone tell me where they got all the colorful nalgene bottles all of a sudden? everyone is drinking out of them now and there's a shot of jack and locke packing to go after michael next to a table of supplies...there were several identical blue nalgene bottles with yellow caps on them

as far as i know, nalgene just used to make lab products until the mid 90's when they came out with more consumer friendly products...the colorful bottles didn't come out until recently

Well, the plane crash did happen recently. And plus, its Hollywood, how come Hurly hasnt lost weight, and why are most of them still clean shaven, mostly... not to mention the ladies and their legs.

The show is about the island, not about the survival.

Thought it pertinent to note Sarah saying that Jack "will always need something to fix."

He takes on the toughest challenges rather than the ones that provide the most success. To wit, he stays with Boone when it's apparent that a miracle was needed rather than finding Claire and delivering Aaron. He fixates on Sarah in the ER and ignores Shannon's dad. He tries to fix the hardest problems and then, he moves on.

I think people here are being too hard on Sarah, much like everyone thought they had Shannon pegged only to later see that she had a mitigating reason for her cons. Jack comes home from the unsuccessful surgery and kissing Gabriela to a cold dinner and a sink full of dishes, which he says he'll wash b/c it's "theraputic" (I can relate. It's satisfying to go from complete chaos and dirty plates to a rack full of clean ware. You feel like you control something). The dishes aren't the problem this night, and come to find out that he's grossly misdiagnosed the problem in his marriage, at which point he sincerely says he'll fix it, by working less, etc. But just like anything else, he'll fix it, then move on until it needs that kind of serious fixing again.

Did Jack's father know about the marital problems and that's why he told him to go home? Maybe. I think he saw a son that was dedicated to his job in an unhealthy way (even tho Christian himself was on the other side of the coin).

I am now trying to ponder how Jack's pattern of tackling problems is going to go down in the coming battle against the Others.

Back on topic, i see Zeke as a ringleader and i think that the other people in his grup may follow along somewhat blindly. i said last night that they shoudl shoot zeke and take their chances with the rest of the group.

Zeke = RJ (i hope sawyer beats his ass)

574122[/snapback]

Sawyer shot at him, the bullet bounced back and hit him in the neck.

Some sort of force field? Or control of the islands power?

Sawyer shot at him, the bullet bounced back and hit him in the neck.

Some sort of force field? Or control of the islands power?

579482[/snapback]

That's what I thought at first, but upon further review I think the shot came from somewhere else and Sawyer never got his off.

But the boat is a short range boat, not an open ocean boat (according to Sawyer at the beginning of the season), so they can't use that to escape.

575752[/snapback]

Then how did the boat get there in the first place?

There might be a strategic and security advantage to having any boat, especially if it is the only boat.

I was wondering, is all that dynamite gone?

Thought it pertinent to note Sarah saying that Jack "will always need something to fix."

He takes on the toughest challenges rather than the ones that provide the most success. To wit, he stays with Boone when it's apparent that a miracle was needed rather than finding Claire and delivering Aaron. He fixates on Sarah in the ER and ignores Shannon's dad. He tries to fix the hardest problems and then, he moves on.

I think people here are being too hard on Sarah, much like everyone thought they had Shannon pegged only to later see that she had a mitigating reason for her cons. Jack comes home from the unsuccessful surgery and kissing Gabriela to a cold dinner and a sink full of dishes, which he says he'll wash b/c it's "theraputic" (I can relate. It's satisfying to go from complete chaos and dirty plates to a rack full of clean ware. You feel like you control something). The dishes aren't the problem this night, and come to find out that he's grossly misdiagnosed the problem in his marriage, at which point he sincerely says he'll fix it, by working less, etc. But just like anything else, he'll fix it, then move on until it needs that kind of serious fixing again.

Did Jack's father know about the marital problems and that's why he told him to go home? Maybe. I think he saw a son that was dedicated to his job in an unhealthy way (even tho Christian himself was on the other side of the coin).

I am now trying to ponder how Jack's pattern of tackling problems is going to go down in the coming battle against the Others.

579220[/snapback]

Let's not forget Jack's father told Jack that he (Dad) could get away with crossing the line but Jack couldn't. When I first heard the line I immediately had thoughts of an affair. Jack had his chance but it seems father knew best because he ultimately resisted Gabriella.

Why would jack ask rambo chick to train an army when he has Saddams chief interrogator, Sayid? The only explanation is that Sayids army got the living snot kicked out of them 15 yrs ago.  :lol:

576191[/snapback]

HAHA I never really thought of that, but it's funny that he would go to her instead of Sayid.