Lions Hire Rod Marinelli

Thailog80

Fat Fred Smerlas was just making it sound like Haslett was not going to get the Bills job. He claims to talk to Haslett every day.

Smerlas also went on some tirade about the Bills not "taking care of" their ex-players...isn't this the guy who went on the Bills Wall of Fame just a few years ago? The more I listen to this guy, I think of petitioning Ralph to take him off the wall. Now, with Marinelli getting the Lions job, and Haslett likely to at least interview with the Bills, I bet Fred changes his tune....

BTW, before TD fired him when he got there, the Bills used to have a an ex-players/alumini association, headed by Bills great Jerry Butler. From what I remember, it was considered top notch by former players. TD thought it was a waste of time and money...

BTW, before TD fired him when he got there, the Bills used to have a an ex-players/alumini association, headed by Bills great Jerrry Butler.  From what I remember, it was considered top notch by former players.  TD thought it was a waste of time and money...

573377[/snapback]

Just goes to show TD's character and how much he cared about Bills history. Jerry Butler was one of the first Bills I remember watching play in the early 80s (along with Joe Ferguson, Frank Lewis, and Joe Cribbs). I never heard a bad word about him.

BTW, before TD fired him when he got there, the Bills used to have a an ex-players/alumini association, headed by Bills great Jerry Butler.  From what I remember, it was considered top notch by former players.  TD thought it was a waste of time and money...

573377[/snapback]

The Bills Alumni association still exists. Last I knew, Lou Piccone was the president.