Ref in controversy has house vandalized

SnakeOiler

People who react that way are far too emotionally invested in the team they follow. I think sports fanaticism should be classified as a mental disorder when the DSM-V comes out. Some folks are just off  their rocker...

572835[/snapback]

So what you are saying, is that I should unchain Phil Luckett's niece from my basement wall :doh:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5257526

Amazing how many incidents there have been this year.  The NFL has created a monster, and some idiots don't know where to stop.  Besides this and the mike mularkey stories, Tommy Maddux's house was vandalized in Pitt.  There was also something with a pizza delivery guy and T.O.'s house. 

:doh:

572811[/snapback]

No tracking down officials where they live? Great! How are we football fans gonna get our kicks now. :doh:

Amazing how many incidents there have been this year.  The NFL has created a monster, and some idiots don't know where to stop.  Besides this and the mike mularkey stories, Tommy Maddux's house was vandalized in Pitt.  There was also something with a pizza delivery guy and T.O.'s house. 

<_<

572811[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with the NFL. It has to do with society and their enablement of bad behavior. If you must blame one single entity, make it Benjamin Spock. Bring back corporal punishment across the board. Cane these mother fuggers in the public eye and I guarantee this crap stops after the first incident.

<_<

572811[/snapback]

In Europe, a ref made a bad call during a World Cup Qualifing match and he decided to retire a couple of weeks later as a result of all the dealth threats he and his family were getting.

Last I checked, refs are human and from time to time, they screw up. Some of these fans need to get laid more often and relax. It is only a sporting event. I love the Bills and Sabres and get pissed off when we are wronged, but I know where to draw the line. Though if I had a truck and Brett Hull walked in front of it, there would be lots of temptation for amy foot to slip off the break.... ;)

In Europe, a ref made a bad call during a World Cup Qualifing match and he decided to retire a couple of weeks later as a result of all the dealth threats he and his family were getting. 

Last I checked, refs are human and from time to time, they screw up.  Some of these fans need to get laid more often and relax.  It is only a sporting event.  I love the Bills and Sabres and get pissed off when we are wronged, but I know where to draw the line.  Though if I had a truck and Brett Hull walked in front of it, there would be lots of temptation for amy foot to slip off the break.... <_<

573470[/snapback]

the ref you're talking about, was that Javier Moreno, the famous ref who disallowed two goals that would have made Italy beat Korea?

does anyone here remember the incident in the world cup where the columbian defender scored in his own net and was later shot while reading the morning paper.

fans are crazy

<_<

572811[/snapback]

Close ties to gambling and large losses?

im sorry if my coments came of as insensitive but im was just pointing out that it is a small problem here compared to the rest of the world.

i do remmeber the colombian defender that was killed.  that as against the US wasnt it?

573578[/snapback]

I actually heard that later on it was revealed that he was killed over a different matter, not the own-goal.

the ref you're talking about, was that Javier Moreno, the famous ref who disallowed two goals that would have made Italy beat Korea? 

does anyone here remember the incident in the world cup where the columbian defender scored in his own net and was later shot while reading the morning paper.

fans are crazy

573514[/snapback]

Escobar accidentally kicked it into his own net helping the USA beat Columbia. My sister saw a soccer game in Brazil. She was gonna bring me back a jersey but was advised not to so she would not catch abuse from opposing fans. They are crazy about soccer in South America and sometimes barbaric