Pats Rodney Harrison still crying about the refs

Be that as it may, I was simply refuting the false claim that the Patriots' attendance "was something like 20,000" when the team was bad.  Last time the team was bad (second half '99, '00, early '01), they managed to maintain their sellout streak, certainly staying above 20,000 attendees.

572965[/snapback]

The stadium might have been sold out in that period, but I can tell you that as the president of the Bills Backers chapter here, I had more free tickets given to me for the Bills games at Foxboro over those years than I could give away to our members.

In 2000/2001, season ticket holders were clinging to their seats because they didn't want to lose choice seats in the new stadium, which was under construction.

Boy, did I enjoy coming into my office on Monday :-)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...interesting comment from Rodney that the league should use the "best refs" for playoff games. They do. During the year every official, at every position, is graded. At the end of the year, only the officials with the highest grades get to do the playoffs and Superbowl.

Apparently though, the league deliberately put a bad crew in for the game because the NFL has it in for them.

I for one am ecstatic that they lost, because if they had gone on to the Superbowl it would have been unwatchable. In the pregame, they would have done an hour on Bruschi alone, and probably two hours on Brady. Good riddance.

The stadium might have been sold out in that period, but I can tell you that as the president of the Bills Backers chapter here, I had more free tickets given to me for the Bills games at Foxboro over those years than I could give away to our members.

In 2000/2001, season ticket holders were clinging to their seats because they didn't want to lose choice seats in the new stadium, which was under construction.

True that. And again unless the Pats slump into a stretch of 5 years or so where they are bad, they won't NOT have a waiting list anymore. Hell, look at the Jets!

I for one am ecstatic that they lost, because if they had gone on to the Superbowl it would have been unwatchable.  In the pregame, they would have done an hour on Bruschi alone, and probably two hours on Brady.  Good riddance.

572999[/snapback]

oh come on... the game is on abc/disney/espn... They'll still give that 2 hour feel good story about bruschi. Teary interview with wife, missed backfield tackle on roscoe, flying flip in the dolphin game, tedy preaching to his children. You watch, it will be there!

oh come on...  the game is on abc/disney/espn...  They'll still give that 2 hour feel good story about bruschi.  Teary interview with wife, missed backfield tackle on roscoe, flying flip in the dolphin game, tedy preaching to his children.  You watch, it will be there!

573008[/snapback]

...you're probably right, in which case I'm going to GOUGE OUT MY EYES!!

It's not so much Bruschi, but the mindless, overdone coverage of him.

Be that as it may, I was simply refuting the false claim that the Patriots' attendance "was something like 20,000" when the team was bad.  Last time the team was bad (second half '99, '00, early '01), they managed to maintain their sellout streak, certainly staying above 20,000 attendees.

572965[/snapback]

sold out stadium != all seats filled. sure they may have sold out, but theres no way anyone can say there were more than 30K people at the stadium watching those gawd-awful patsie teams.

I've talked at length about the mistakes on my Pats board, and have even touched on them here.  No doubt, bad calls were a factor, but the turnovers and mistakes were a far larger factor.

Anyone who puts the loss squarely on the shoulders of the officials wasn't watching the same game I was.

The first one was bad, certainly (one of the worst in Brady's career, given the situation), but the last was just a last ditch, heave-it-up-for-grabs type of thing, and even then, the receiver was dragged to the ground before the ball arrived.  I'd call that a product of the circumstances more than a "very bad INT."

Those were mistakes in that all fumbles are mistakes, but to call them "unforced" is to deny the Broncos due credit, I think.  On all three fumbles, there was a Bronco there to jar it loose (even on Brown's fumble, despite the fact that he had called for a FC...hmmm. <_<), so they weren't unforced.

572944[/snapback]

No one is pointing fingers at you. We're just commenting on Rodney Harrison on The View, er...I mean the WEEI Dale & Holley show blaming the refs for the Pats loss and not giving Denver any credit for being better.

PTR

All I can say is that Rod Harrison is the biggest jerkoff in the entire league. I suppose all the turnovers had nothing to do with the loss. And I guess a couple of cheap shots to take out an enemy player didn't help either.

No one is pointing fingers at you.

I know, I just took exception to someone saying that "no one" is talking about the Pats' mistakes. I've certainly talked about them, so negatively affected by them as I was, and people on Pats boards are talking about them as well. The mistakes are certainly not going unnoticed by the fanbase, although I can't speak for other entities.

That Pats have had a sellout streak dating back to 1994, I believe.  That includes the 2000 season, when the Pats were easily as bad as the Bills are now.

But don't let facts get in the way of a nice slam. <_<  ;)

572935[/snapback]

Yeah, it ought to be tough to sell out a stadium with the Boston metroplex population. Boy, there's a feat.

Someone should tell Rodney Harrison that sympathy is in the dictionary between sh*t and syphillis.

573465[/snapback]

seriously what else can be expected when a guy plays with intent to injure........what comes around goes around, and when you add karma, Harrisons carrer is all but finished.

Actually they've had a sellout streak since 1993, when Parcells was hired.  And they'll always have a sellout streak and a waiting list for season tix now.  It's a function of the size of the stadium to the market.  But I can assure you that the waiting list for season tix dropped a lot after Parcells left and Carroll ran the team into the ground.

572958[/snapback]

Actually, no. HD was correct. As someone who went to lots of games in 1993, I can assure you walk ups were still available. They almost sold out the 1993 (actually 1/2/94) game against Miami and the game was on TV (as noted below) because the sellout was presumed. From the Patriots' website....

SELLOUT STREAK

Today's game was the 119th consecutive home sellout for the Patriots, including regular-season, preseason and playoff games. The sellout streak dates back to the 1994 season opener and is now in its 12th season. The streak began on Sept. 11, 1994 - Robert Kraft’s first regular-season game as owner of the Patriots. Additionally, today’s game is the 247th straight Patriots game to be televised locally. New England fans have not had a blacked-out home game since Dec. 26, 1993 against Indianapolis at Foxboro Stadium.

Carroll ran the team into the ground? They were 27-21 under Carroll, and 32-32 under Parcells. Carroll was not anything more than an average coach, but the brunt of the blame for the decline in the team lies with Bobby Grier, who whiffed on three straight drafts after the Tuna left and is now working his own form of incompetent magic in Houston.

Also, can you substantiate that the waiting list dropped during the Carroll years?

Just some advice...don't get your hopes up. <_<

573660[/snapback]

Better chance of me finding a random $100 bill tomorrow, huh?

In another thread, MBD claims Vrabel had a "subpar" year and declares Dean Pees to be a downgrade. ;) Vrabel was probably the defensive MVP of the team since he played well all year, and seamlessly switched positions from outside to inside once Bruschi came back (opening up Colvin's spot).

Certainly Seymour is the defense's best player, but I hope Vrabel has a bunch more "subpar" years like that one.

That Pats have had a sellout streak dating back to 1994, I believe.  That includes the 2000 season, when the Pats were easily as bad as the Bills are now.

But don't let facts get in the way of a nice slam. <_<  ;)

572935[/snapback]

Since he didn't give dates, though, I'm not sure precisely which stretch of Patriots suckitude my buddy BART was referring to. If it's pre-Kraft, he may well be correct.

While the sellout streak does indeed go back to the 1994 regular-season opener, shortly before that - during the 1991 season, to be exact - the Patriots season-ticket total stood at 17,635. Bills have come close to that number a couple of times since Rich Stadium opened (sub-20K in 1978, 1984-85), but the last time they sold fewer than 18,000 seasons was... lessee.... 1963.