Levy on Jauron 2000

Lofton80

Levy on Jauron from Chicago Sun Times article in 2000

"It's a tough profession. It's hard to think how many coaches have not succeeded because they didn't have the right personnel and all the various things that go into it."

Jauron is a lot like Levy. He can't turn James Allen into Edgerrin James or Walt Harris into Deion Sanders. But give him a Bruce Smith, a Thurman Thomas, an Andre Reed and a Jim Kelly, and he'll know what to do with them.

"Marv and coach Jauron are very similar coaches," said Bears cornerback Thomas Smith, who played for Levy on the Bills for five seasons. "They delegate authority, but you know they're the captain of the ship.

"They're both very insightful and intellectual coaches. Marv was an English major. He would come up with a story in a minute. Coach Jauron is the same way. He can tell you a story that makes you relate to the game of football and the game of life."

It shouldn't surprise anyone, then, that Levy is a big believer in Jauron. Levy tried to hire Jauron as the Bills' defensive coordinator in 1995, but Jauron already had committed to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...22/ai_n13888097

"I have great regard for him," Levy said. "He's bright. He's a good teacher. I think he's staying poised. I think he's wise by not coming apart. I can think of other coaches who come apart when they've lost. It's tough when you're going with a very young quarterback, even though he has a lot of promise. He doesn't have a great cast. But it takes some time to develop them."

Levy on Jauron from Chicago Sun Times article in 2000

"Jauron is a lot like Levy. He can't turn James Allen into Edgerrin James or Walt Harris into Deion Sanders. But give him a Bruce Smith, a Thurman Thomas, an Andre Reed and a Jim Kelly, and he'll know what to do with them."

571859[/snapback]

Only one problem with that... we don't have Bruce, Thurman, Andre, and Jim any more.

I think we all know what is coming. Juaron will be named the next headcoach of the Buffalo Bills at a news conference on Friday. Ralp will open with a few jokes about this being his 4th news conference this month. Marv will then step up to the mic and talk about how he has admired Juaron for amy years and how he will be the perfect head coach for the team. Then Juaron will talk about what a pleasure it will be to work with Marv and that he will assemble the best coaching staff he can and hopefullt turn the franchise around. Blah blah blah.

It really doesnt matter who the Bills hire it will all come down to who the sign and who they draft. If we dont get out o-line an d-line in order we will be picking in the top 10 again next yr.

Fact is ANY coach can't go deep in the playoffs with crappy talent at key positions but how they waether the storm, manage relationships, situations during the touch times tell a lot about how good a coach they are and if the can help lead a team to a championship.

I liked Mike M but not how he handled the Offense and some situations this year.

I think Mike Sherman leads and handles things very well and Dick J may have done a good job as well, although I did not follow him too well and can honestly say their Offense was very weak. I prefer Sherman over anybody at this point.

Remember that perceptions of coaches are not always accurate, right? I bet almost everybody on this board thought Bellichek would such as Pats HC and look what he has done. Not only did he sneak a Super Bowl win over St. Louis but he followed it up with 2 more later. He still needs a haircut, updated suits, and a little bit of cool to help his public perception!!!....unless you count those dreaded Super Bowls! Drat!

Go Bills with whomever!!

There must be alot more than meets the eye with Dick Jauron. He doesn't seem like an overly impressive guy since he's so quiet around the media. Since his players talk highly of him and he has an IVY league education, i assume he must be a pretty good Leader/teacher type guy. The Bills players definitely need an older coach that commands their respect. They seemed to treat Gregg and MM like they were colleagues instead of their boss/coach.