I may have asked this before but...

has any HC'ing candidate left been an assistant on a SB-winning team? I think someone said that Al Saunders was the WR's coach for the Giants or something, but I think he might be a little too old. Ideally a guy who was an assistant on a SB-winning team who is younger should be the next HC, since he has seen/knows what it takes to win it all, but there might not be anyone who fits that bill, so to speak.

has any HC'ing candidate left been an assistant on a SB-winning team?  I think someone said that Al Saunders was the WR's coach for the Giants or something, but I think he might be a little too old.  Ideally a guy who was an assistant on a SB-winning team who is younger should be the next HC, since he has seen/knows what it takes to win it all, but there might not be anyone who fits that bill, so to speak.

571494[/snapback]

Sherman coached on the Pack staff when they lost to Denver... that's all I got.

has any HC'ing candidate left been an assistant on a SB-winning team?  I think someone said that Al Saunders was the WR's coach for the Giants or something, but I think he might be a little too old.  Ideally a guy who was an assistant on a SB-winning team who is younger should be the next HC, since he has seen/knows what it takes to win it all, but there might not be anyone who fits that bill, so to speak.

571494[/snapback]

Al Saunders was the Rams WR coach in 1999 and 2000. He'll be 59 next month.

with this kind of offensive production how can you not take a serious look at al saunders?

Simply put, Saunders has presided over the NFL’s most prolific scoring offense over the last four seasons. During that span, no NFL team has registered more points than the 1,754 accumulated by the Chiefs, an average of 27.4 ppg. In 2004, Kansas City scored 30+ points in five consecutive games, a first in team history. The Chiefs led the NFL in scoring in both 2002 and 2003, becoming the first AFC team to lead the league in scoring in back-to-back seasons since San Diego in ‘81-82. During the 2003 season alone, the Chiefs piled up a franchise-record 484 points after registering a league-high 467 points in 2002.

Dating back to 2001 when Saunders took over as offensive coordinator, the Chiefs rank first in the NFL with 24,278 net yards of total offense (379.3 ypg). The Chiefs oppulent numbers during that 64-game span from 2001-04 are also the league’s best in the following seven categories: offensive TDs (200), rushing TDs (105), total first downs (1,413), Red Zone TD percentage (64.3%), runs of 10+ yards (255), passing yards per attempt (7.79) and passing yards per completion (12.58).

You want someone to turn around the offense. Saunders is the obvious answer. I wish he'd get at least an interview.

with this kind of offensive production how can you not take a serious look at al saunders?

You want someone to turn around the offense. Saunders is the obvious answer.  I wish he'd get at least an interview.

I'd guess age. The jokes are already flowing about the Bills' geriatric ward of owner and GM. Imagine adding a "young whipper-snapper" approaching seniority!

I'd guess age.  The jokes are already flowing about the Bills' geriatric ward of owner and GM.  Imagine adding a "young whipper-snapper" approaching seniority!

571645[/snapback]

If they're considering Jauron, then age shouldn't be a factor in considering Saunders. Al Saunders is almost 59, but Dick Jauron is 55.