Best Atheletes ever in Buffalo?

Football. Hate to say it...OJ Simpson (Jim Kelly, Brucke Smith runners up)

Basketball. Bob Lanier (college) with Calvin Murphy, Randy Smith behind. Bob MacAdoo (Pro)

Baseball....Warren Spahn, Johnny Bench, Luke Easter.

College Football Gerry Philbin (UB)

Hockey: Roger Crozier

Football.  Hate to say it...OJ Simpson (Jim Kelly, Brucke Smith runners up)

Basketball.  Bob Lanier (college) with Calvin Murphy, Randy Smith behind. Bob MacAdoo (Pro)

Baseball....Warren Spahn, Johnny Bench, Luke Easter.

College Football Gerry Philbin (UB)

Hockey: Roger Crozier

570776[/snapback]

interesting that you have a problem with OJ, but don't indicate a problem with Murphy.

some people may not consider that raping your children isn't as bad as lopping off the heads of two people,... however i still think i would refrain from naming either to any "distinquished" lists.

yeah i know Murphy was aquitted.....but so was the other guy.

interesting that you have a problem with OJ, but don't indicate a problem with Murphy.   

some people may not consider that raping your children isn't as bad as lopping off the heads of two people,... however i still think i would refrain from naming either to any "distinquished" lists.

yeah i know Murphy was aquitted.....but so was the other guy.

571266[/snapback]

Murphy may or may not have been a molester (there are those who say the charges were filed only after Murphy received a settlement as a beneficiary from the mother instead of them). I'm not asking who were the nicest atheletes, but the most outstanding. I think Murphy qualifies. murphy

Murphy may or may not have been a molester (there are those who say the charges were filed only after Murphy received a settlement as a beneficiary from the mother instead of them).  I'm not asking who were the nicest atheletes, but the most outstanding.  I think Murphy qualifies. murphy

571317[/snapback]

....i would choose Bob MacAdoo over Murphy

Bob McAdoo, a native of Greensboro, North Carolina, was a potent offensive player for 14 years and with seven NBA teams, most notably the Buffalo Braves. The 1973 NBA Rookie of the Year (18.0 ppg, 9.1 rpg) with the Braves, the 6-foot-9, 225-pound McAdoo led the NBA in scoring in 1974 (30.6 ppg), 1975 (34.5 ppg) and 1976 (31.1 ppg). For his career, McAdoo tallied 18,787 points (22.1 ppg), 35th best in league history, and averaged 20 points or more in seven seasons. The NBA MVP and All-NBA First Team selection in 1975 (Second Team in 1974), McAdoo was selected to five NBA All-Star teams (1974-78). He earned two NBA championship rings with the Los Angeles Lakers in 1982 and 1985. Following his final NBA season with the Philadelphia 76ers in 1986, McAdoo played seven international seasons in the Italian professional league, averaging 26.6 points and 8.7 rebounds a game during that time. Before his professional career, McAdoo starred at Vincennes Junior College and the University of North Carolina. He was a junior college All-America in 1970 and 1971 and led Vincennes to the national title in 1970. In his lone season at UNC, McAdoo led the Tar Heels to the 1972 Final Four. He was MVP of the ACC Tournament and was named an All-America following a 19.5-ppg season. McAdoo recently completed his sixth year as an assistant coach with the NBAs Miami Heat.

....i would choose Bob MacAdoo over Murphy

571326[/snapback]

No fair. MacAdoo (my favorite pro) against Buffalo (Western New York) college athletes (Lanier and Murphy ...there must be others...any nominees?) McMillan and DeGregorio and Randy Smith (of Buff State...qualifies in both) would be contenders against Mac...but I'd still go with Mac. I vaguely remember a guy named Gar Heard who I thought was pretty good as well.