Who would you rather have

Hawerchuk10

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like the Colts are untalented. Looking at the two rosters, it's not unreasonable to say that the Colts have a more talented squad than the Patriots.  So I don't think that excuse works for Peyton.

568814[/snapback]

This is nuts...it's not just about the talent on the two clubs. It is acomplex team game. There are coaches, game plans, execution and luck.

If AV makes the field goal, diid Manning choke? If AV makes the field goal did Manning fail to win the big one (or A big one). For that matter, if the game goes to OT and the Colts win on a defensive play, do we give Manning credit for the win?

The way games are won and lost is very complicated. The simplistic persistance of over-praising the QB of the winning team and vilifying the QB on the losing team is off-the-charts nuts.

Manning's too box is just much bigger than Brady's. And Manning is also at least as smart and poised as Tom. So, if I had to pick a QB (on some unknown team, playing an unknown style, with unknown coaches and a defense of unknown quality), I'll take the more talented and versatile QB.

NOW, if tell me we're gooing to be playing a ball-control passing game, that I'll have a killer D and a great OL, and that Bill Belicheck will be the head coach...then Brady enters as a possibility.

But, I'd still take Manning. :lol:

Do you SERIOUSLY believe the Pats wouldn't have won those SBs with Peyton (or several other quality NFL QBs)? Again, I'll try to be clear. Brady played a very important part in the maqchine that won those SBs. He was by NO MEANS an irreplaceble part of that machine.

Manning's too box is just much bigger than Brady's.  And Manning is also at least as smart and poised as Tom.  So, if I had to pick a QB (on some unknown team, playing an unknown style, with unknown coaches and a defense of unknown quality), I'll take the more talented and versatile QB.

568830[/snapback]

I'll take the guy that has shown he's clutch time and time again, talent be damned. As long as a QB can make all the throws he needs to (and Brady most certainly can) any extra talent is gravy. Brady makes quicker decisions than Manning and is just as accurate. Tha major difference between the two is that Brady generally comes up big when he needs to, Manning doesn't.

I'll take the guy that has shown he's clutch time and time again, talent be damned.  As long as a QB can make all the throws he needs to (and Brady most certainly can) any extra talent is gravy.  Brady makes quicker decisions than Manning and is just as accurate.  Tha major difference between the two is that Brady generally comes up big when he needs to, Manning doesn't.

568878[/snapback]

right...that's it...there ya go :lol:

I'd take either of them over JPL or KH.

Brady's ability to make plays is just plain other-worldly. Even on the most low percentage plays in the playbook, he seems to drop the ball right down the stovepipe every time.

Manning hasn't had the success in the playoffs of Brady, but it is a team game and the Colts don't seem to "click" in all 3 phases of the game in the playoffs. Tony Dungy coached teams seem to have that problem consistently, strangely enough. :lol:

HERE IS THE REAL POINT for all of those who think Brady is better.

Put Manning on the Patriots and Manning has 3 rings also. Period. Until THIS year, Manning had NO DEFENSE BEHIND HIM. Until last year, the CB's were allowed to mug his recievers.

You guys are all arguing that Brady has 3 rings ... the PATRIOTS have 3 rings. Brady was just part of the system.

Jeez - use your brains.

Manning, on the other hand is a product of an unreal offensive line. He has the same type of arm as Bledsoe. If you put Drew behind the Colts line he would be MUCH better. Perhaps not as good as Peyton, but a hell of alot closer.

568758[/snapback]

Uhm - Mannings offensive line is good ... there not great. Did you see his offensive line in the first half today. Manning had nearly NO TIME TO THROW THE BALL. That is not his fault.

And as for your Bledsoe point ... I don't even know what to say. I want to laugh, but then again I know you will just come back with something stupid again.

You know this...how?

Given Manning's history of playoff brainfarts (and even big game brainfarts in college), I imagine that the Patriots would have ZERO championships if Manning was their QB.

568942[/snapback]

Why are people acting so ignorant today. MANNING did not lose any playoff games. The COLTS lost playoff games. Manning was just one of the 22 players on the field.

1) Do you not remember the infamous game where Ty Law and company were mugging the Colts recievers? And the following year the NFL re-inforced the Ty Law Rule (5 yard bump rule)

2) Do you not remember how horrid the Indianapolis defense was the last 5 years? Manning would have to score 30+ points a game just to keep his team close.

3) Did you not see todays game where Manning had only 2 seconds to throw in the first half ... how about on that 4th and 16 sack with 2 minutes to go? How long did he have to throw then? 3 seconds?

And yes ... I do believe if Manning had Brady's COACHING, DEFENSE, and SPECIAL TEAMS, he would have 3 SB rings also.

Why are people acting so ignorant today. MANNING did not lose any playoff games. The COLTS lost playoff games. Manning was just one of the 22 players on the field.

I see.

The Colts lost. But the guy who touched the ball on every offensive snap - and calls most of the plays at the line - had nothing to do with it.

I understand.

I see.

The Colts lost.  But the guy who touched the ball on every offensive snap - and calls most of the plays at the line - had nothing to do with it.

I understand.

568956[/snapback]

See, you are leaving out major factors. If he touched the ball on every offensive snap and also called the plays and HAD TIME TO THROW THE BALL and HIS RECIEVERS WERENT GETTING INTERFERED WITH then I would completely agree with you. But as it stands you are missing 2 major factors:

1) Until the end of the 2nd and the middle of the 4th quarter, the Colts offensive line failed to show up. He had very little time to throw the ball. Vick would have probably had trouble escaping some of the rushes Pitt was sending. That is not Mannings fault. That is the 0-lines.

2) Until last year his receivers were getting interfered with. Is that Manning faults? Didnt think so!

None-the-less, this really doesn't matter to me.

I can see that from how little you post about it.

If you guys want to believe Brady is better than that is fine.  Statistically it is not even close...

Check the stats again. It's closer than you think. When you think of the two players' respective supporting casts, it's practically a dead heat.

Leadership I will admit, Brady probably has the edge.

Yeah, but what good is that, when you can have...STATS! :lol:

BTW: Does Brady call his own plays?

Considering that the team has no offensive coordinator and that Brady audibles on nearly every play, signs point to yes.

Didn't think so.

Think again.

See, you are leaving out major factors. If he touched the ball on every offensive snap and also called the plays and HAD TIME TO THROW THE BALL and HIS RECIEVERS WERENT GETTING INTERFERED WITH then I would completely agree with you. But as it stands you are missing 2 major factors:

1) Until the end of the 2nd and the middle of the 4th quarter, the Colts offensive line failed to show up. He had very little time to throw the ball. Vick would have probably had trouble escaping some of the rushes Pitt was sending. That is not Mannings fault. That is the 0-lines.

2) Until last year his receivers were getting interfered with. Is that Manning faults? Didnt think so!

This is different then. No other QBs get blitzed or have their receivers interfered with. Manning is special in this regard, and should be excused for all his errors.

I can see that from how little you post about it.

Check the stats again.  It's closer than you think.  When you think of the two players' respective supporting casts, it's practically a dead heat.

Yeah, but what good is that, when you can have...STATS! :w00t:

Considering that the team has no offensive coordinator and that Brady audibles on nearly every play, signs point to yes.

Think again.

568963[/snapback]

Well. Brady does not call his own plays ... there were a ton of articles on this, but here is one of the ones on the top

The only shortcoming to this analysis is that it is largely intangible. We can’t really measure brainy good judgement and compare him to other QBs. Though Brady clearly audibles with the best of them -- you can see him calling out some check on the defense nearly every time he approaches the line of scrimmage -- he does not call his own plays. Peyton Manning does. (The first quarterback since, I believe, Jim Kelly to do so.)

(http://www.senorcafe.com/archives/000135.html)

Here are the stats:

3,607 24.6 TD 13.2 INT 61.9% 88.5 rating (Brady)

4,148 30.5 TD 16.2 INT 63.9% 93.5 rating (Manning)

I personally dont consider 541 yards, 6 TD's, 2% more accurate and a 5% better ranking close. I just dont. 541 yards is TWO games worth of yards, 6 TD's is THREE games worth of TD's. Tell me that is close and I shall just laugh.

BTW: Supporting casts? I believe YOU GUYS have a better offensive line than the Colts have. Not to mention that you are a Patriots fan and I am NOT a Colts fan. So you are definately biast. Also ... Charlie Weiss is an amazing O-Coordinator. Isnt it odd that the first year he is gone is the year that you guys dont make it past the 2nd round?

Here is another link ... from Tom Brady himself:

(It is a question and answer thing on the Patriots website)

Q: Does Doug help you call your own plays? Since he called many plays in the past?

TB: I wish I called the plays [laughter]. There would be much more than 41 pass attempts if we did. He has helped quite a bit with some scheme things. There are routes that he's been very successful with that he's brought to this offense. He helped us out with a bunch of different reads. He hasn't been out there on the field playing much but I would be very confident if he ever did have to go out there.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index....d=13068&pcid=85