Eric Mangina Gets Offered Jets Job

I think I heard that Mangini will accept the job if he's not lowballed monetarily.

Best of luck, Eric.  May he finish second in the AFC East for eternity. :lol:

568646[/snapback]

Awww, you're rooting for the Bills to win the division for all eternity? How sweet. :lol:

Hey HD...think he can make it?

As the DB coach, he always managed to do a great job with whatever he had. Holding the '04 Colts to 3 points with Troy Brown as your nickel is pretty damn impressive.

As DC, he started off slow and finished strong, so it was kind of a mixed bag. The defense certainly did their part in both playoff games, though.

The tough part of a coordinator to HC transition is the addition of player management duties (handling player egos, handling the press, playing league politics, etc.) into the Xs and Os stuff, so I can't really say how he'll manage that end of the deal. He has the utmost respect of Belichick, though, so that bodes well for him.

As the DB coach, he always managed to do a great job with whatever he had.  Holding the '04 Colts to 3 points with Troy Brown as your nickel is pretty damn impressive.

As DC, he started off slow and finished strong, so it was kind of a mixed bag.  The defense certainly did their part in both playoff games, though.

The tough part of a coordinator to HC transition is the addition of player management duties (handling player egos, handling the press, playing league politics, etc.) into the Xs and Os stuff, so I can't really say how he'll manage that end of the deal.  He has the utmost respect of Belichick, though, so that bodes well for him.

568665[/snapback]

He better take whatever offer is made to him ...........He hasnt done anything that special in the 1 year that he was D-cordinator to be picky................Lets see J.Gray Defense ranked top 5 in several areas in 4of the 5 years he has been here 1 interview with the possibility of being fired . Mangini 1 year D-cordinator gets a HC offer after not ranking in top 10 in anything ..........I for 1 is happy for him we will get 2 wins easily a year.....................

Mangina.

The guy doesn't even have a deal yet, and already we're prodding the bear. :lol:

Hey HD...think he can make it?

568656[/snapback]

Come on, you all know me...I'm very anti-prod. I'm not making fun of the man, but with a name like that...it just writes itself.

I actually think he'll be a very good HC.

Come on, you all know me...I'm very anti-prod.  I'm not making fun of the man, but with a name like that...it just writes itself.

I actually think he'll be a very good HC.

568760[/snapback]

I'll admit that name must have been messed with ever since he was a kid.

If we hired him or the Packers Mike McCarthy ( who ? ), this place would riot...with hundreds storming OBD with pitchforks and torches.  :w00t:

568658[/snapback]

Doen't make a difference who the Bills will hire for pitchforks and torches will be there. it is mob rule.

I wonder if Mangina will take Maxie with him

568788[/snapback]

He's very likely to bring on Rob Ryan as his defensive coordinator if he is hired.

I don't know on this one. Could be interesting, but I think the guy needs a little more seasoning and is not ready. He's obviously had great tutelage since entering the league between BB and RAC. I think his first year as a defensive coordinator was no better than a B-. Obviously he had lots of injuries and turnover, but still the rash of big plays against the team early in the year also have to fall on the coordinator's shoulders as well. Stepping into the frenzy that is the Big Apple with one year as a coordinator and while being 30 million bucks over the cap at 34....he'll have his work cut out for him.