(OT) Star Wars Trilogy DVDs

ajzepp

Anyone checked these out yet? Anyone else have a killer home theater? I read about how they took great care to restore the original prints, and it shows. Granted I have a pretty tight HT, but wow this looks good. I have only watched a few clips so far, but both the video and the audio are pretty sharp. The only scene I'm afraid to watch is the one where he took out Sebstian Shaw (Anakin Skywalker in ep. VI) and replaced him with Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ. I don't mind the rest of his touch ups, but that one does scare me. Anyway, it looks and sounds great!

Anyone checked these out yet? Anyone else have a killer home theater? I read about how they took great care to restore the original prints, and it shows. Granted I have a pretty tight HT, but wow this looks good. I have only watched a few clips so far, but both the video and the audio are pretty sharp. The only scene I'm afraid to watch is the one where he took out Sebstian Shaw (Anakin Skywalker in ep. VI) and replaced him with Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ. I don't mind the rest of his touch ups, but that one does scare me. Anyway, it looks and sounds great!

40880[/snapback]

Wasn't Sebastian Shaw's Anakin about as old as Ben Kenobi in that scene?

Wasn't Sebastian Shaw's Anakin about as old as Ben Kenobi in that scene?

40889[/snapback]

Yeah, I think so......I'm just afriad that hayden will look like Luke's brother instead of his father, which sort of changes the scene. I'll have to see it before I know how much it bugs me, I just don't see why he needed to screw with it. They're his movies, though, I guess.....so he can do what he wants (not trying to start that whole debate.....trying to be diplomatic here lol). I think Lucas said it was because Anakin effectively "died" when he became Darth Vader, but since Luke redeemed him at the end of ROTJ it would seem to me that the older father figure would be more appropriate. Oh well.....all I know is that I love these movies and I'm not ashamed of it lol

bought the dvd's today but haven't watched them.  i also bought the new game, Star Wars Battlefront for PS2 and have been playing that all day  B)

40907[/snapback]

Is that the one where they are taking out one of those furry bastard Ewoks in the commercial? lol

Bought it today, watching Empire right now. Its like visiting an old friend. Some changes i noticed were that they replaced the original holographic Emperor with the the one from Jedi and the prequels, extended some of the dialogue in that scene also to tie in with the prequels. Additionaly, the dubbed in Jango Fetts voice over the original Boba Fetts voice , not very happy with that. One thing i am happy with is that they took out that wussy scream Luke lets out as he's falling down the shaft in Cloud city, they had added that in when the special editions came out, fortunately the saw it went against the characters decision to accept his fate in that scene. Havent watched the others yet.

I'm holding off on watching the films straight through for a short while, but in addition to checking out some choice scenes, I've been watching some of the special features disc. There is some very good stuff on here, and I haven't even gotten to the main program, which is supposed to be amazingly good. The Episode III preview was something, as well. I'm definitely not in the "prequels suck" crowd, but the more I get into the original trilogy the more I realize that there was just NOTHING Lucas could have done, or could ever do, to re-create that magic. The point is made by Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings Director) that what you remember from the original trilogy is the characters. They're what stays with you, not the special effects. I think I'd take his comment a tad further and say that the special effects are what we remember from the prequels, and it's the characters that are easily forgettable. Well, except for JarJar, but he's unforgettable for the wrong reasons lol. Anyway, I'm glad he made the prequels, and I think Ep.III will be the big payoff, but the originals were and are untouchable classics.

I'm not sure if I should get the Full Screen or the Widescreen.  I don't have a widescreen TV and my budget probably will never allow it.  Which should I get?

41030[/snapback]

Widescreen, for sure, even if you don't have the TV. With the full screen (or pan and scan) you miss too much of the scenes, as the sides have to be cut off to fit in the 4x3 format.

Where do the Ewok movies fit in, or don't they?  Are the Ewok movies (DVD) available and how many Ewok movies were there?

Oh, what's the price of the DVD Trilogy?

41053[/snapback]

There were two Ewok movies, Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor. They'll be available on DVD November 23rd, along with the DVD versions of the two Star Wars animated shows, Droids and Ewok Adventures, according to Amazon.com.

No word on whether or not Lucas will release the Star Wars Holiday Special on DVD :o

I paid 43.59 for the Trilogy at BJ's Wholesale. It's 42.99 at Best Buy.

bought it at a midnight sale, been watching/analyzing for day and a half... too much to type here.. most of above I agree with, with a few exceptions... but the color is amazing, the sound is amazing and the crispness of the picture is amazing... I will leave the rest of discussion for another place, I'm sure we will piss everyone off because this has the potential to be the biggest thread of the year :o so I won't add to much more... but you know how us Star Wars fans are... we can't stop talking about it :o

Lucas won't release the Holiday special on DVD because he HATES it, and he really didn't have anything to do with it when it was made the first time... long story, but don't hold your breath on that... but allegedly I have a copy on DVD and you can find someone who transfered it to DVD if you really want it... allegedly

Hey NERDS, why dont all of you start your own message board where you can have all your intergalactic talk.

41090[/snapback]

What are you talking about? I saw you in line at midnight on Monday to get one of the first copies of the DVDs......who are you trying to kid??

so why did they proceed to make all these changes?...i thought they were just transferring the movies to DVD format...i am gonna really be pissed if they turned this movie into stevestojan...i should have my DVD's today of tomorrow from amazon...