Marv Levy getting BUSY!

Frez

Bills | J. Thomas signed to reserve-future contract

Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:01:07 -0800

The Buffalo Bills have signed free agent OG Jason Thomas (Dolphins) to a reserve-future contract worth two years with base salaries of $385,000 (2006) and $460,000 (2007).

Bills | Word signed to reserve-future contract

Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:56:21 -0800

The Buffalo Bills have signed free agent DL Mark Word (Raiders) to a reserve-future contract worth two years with base salaries of $460,000 (2006) and $545,000 (2007).

The Buffalo Bills have signed free agent OG Jason Thomas (Dolphins) to a reserve-future contract worth two years with base salaries of $385,000 (2006) and $460,000 (2007).

The Buffalo Bills have signed free agent DL Mark Word (Raiders) to a reserve-future contract worth two years with base salaries of $460,000 (2006) and $545,000 (2007).

568227[/snapback]

Whats a reserve-future contracT?

A few years ago a buddy of mine and I were doing one of those Madden fantasy drafts. Anyway, I needed another good defensive tackle.....so I just went ot the DT pool and picked the highest rated one there....and it was Mark Word.

So yeah, that means absolutely nothing...but a couple of years ago he was obviously rated favorably in madden.

Got it:

The future/reserve contracts, though binding, will technically take effect on March 1, when the NFL's 2003 season officially begins. Merrill's contract does not include an agreement for the 2002 season, but since there is no practice squad or injured-reserve designations during the brief off-season, Merrill has joined the active roster.

So, by that, it just means we're not paying him yet I think.

-Jeff

Got it:

So, by that, it just means we're not paying him yet I think.

-Jeff

568304[/snapback]

So basically, because neither player were active for the majority of the 2005 season, they dont have to wait until the March 1st deadline and can sign contracts with new teams immediately, but they wont be "official" until a certain date.

And who says Marv doesnt have an understanding of the GM position?

So basically, because neither player were active for the majority of the 2005 season, they dont have to wait until the March 1st deadline and can sign contracts with new teams immediately, but they wont be "official" until a certain date.

568307[/snapback]

That's how I read it. Doesn't click official until next season "really" starts.

He must have found TD's "Off-season to-do list" lying around. :w00t:

568227[/snapback]

You mean there were no fat guys available from the end of the bar in south Buffalo??

Thomas has also got time with the Ravens at best he'd probably considered a back up but will likely end up being camp fodder.

In terms of Word, he might be another Marcus Jones type signing. As am sure the Bills hope he can turn back into the DE that had 12.0 total sacks his first two seasons in the league if can recover from the injury that caused him to miss all of last season. If not he'll be dropped before we break training camp next season.