For everyone who doesn't want Haz or martz

colin

OK.

i have seen more sarcastic and dismissive remarks about hazz and martz here than any other coaching candidate.

I have seen people criticise hazz because of his record.

the thing is, NO has sucked as a franchise for ever and he didn't have a terrible record with them.

they had 16 road games last year, he won them their first and only ever play off game, and he was in a VERY tough division (atlanta, TB and Carolina, over the previous 3 seasons one of these teams made it to the NFC championship game, and two of them won it!) and accept for last season always was ahead of one of those teams.

if you don't like hazz because of his record, you HAVE to like Martz because of his.

no fired head coach has nearly the results that martz has had over the years, both as an OC and HC.

if you don't like either, who should be the coach?

please don't point out annecdotal stuff (Martz never runs, hazz was mean to my buddy hull!) unless you are going to point out all the annecdotes for all the coaches.

thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can live with Haslett as the Bill HC should they decide to go that way.

Martz won't be (and shouldn't be) an option. Mike's a system guy and has a reputation for being VERY inflexible. This team, as currently structured, is not capable of running a Martz offense, IMO. So, that would mean a BIG rebuilding project...something I don't believe Martz would be interested in or Ralph and Marv have time for (literally).

Plus, Martz is a putz and a d-bag. :devil:

OK.

i have seen more sarcastic and dismissive remarks about hazz and martz here than any other coaching candidate.

I have seen people criticise hazz because of his record.

the thing is, NO has sucked as a franchise for ever and he didn't have a terrible record with them.

they had 16 road games last year, he won them their first and only ever play off game, and he was in a VERY tough division (atlanta, TB and Carolina, over the previous 3 seasons one of these teams made it to the NFC championship game, and two of them won it!) and accept for last season always was ahead of one of those teams.

if you don't like hazz because of his record, you HAVE to like Martz because of his.

no fired head coach has nearly the results that martz has had over the years, both as an OC and HC.

if you don't like either, who should be the coach?

please don't point out annecdotal stuff (Martz never runs, hazz was mean to my buddy hull!) unless you are going to point out all the annecdotes for all the coaches.

thanks

566803[/snapback]

Sorry to pour water on your Haslett bonfire but I have to do this, read this:

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/articles.aspx?aid=5946

Rock bottom for us Bills fans would be the hiring of the FIRED COACH of the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS, just because he used to play for the Bills a long time ago. Worst decision ever for a team that needs some REAL direction and leadership. Haslett has none of these qualities.

Jesus Christ could descend from heavan on a Ritz® Cracker and coach the Bills, and someone would still find a way to complain

566960[/snapback]

I for one, would complain about his choice of cracker. ("Everything's better when it sits on a Ritz", my ass!)

I'm sure there would be some discussion of the lenth of his hair, his beard and his penchant for sandals.

Do you think JC would be a no-nonsense coach or a nonsense coach? I hear he gets kinda preachy at times.

Of course, Ralph would like the fact that he would save alot of money on team meals by really getting the most out of a few fishes and loaves of bread.

Now, if he could turn the water at the Ralph into beer...he'd be a real hit with the fans.

But...I could see him getting all hollier-than-thou at press conferences after a loss...breaking out the cross...showing the holes in his hands and feet to make you feel bad...that sort of thing.

I for one, would complain about his choice of cracker.  ("Everything's better when it sits on a Ritz", my ass!)

I'm sure there would be some discussion of the lenth of his hair, his beard and his penchant for sandals.

Do you think JC would be a no-nonsense coach or a nonsense coach?  I hear he gets kinda preachy at times.

Of course, Ralph would like the fact that he would save alot of money on team meals by really getting the most out of a few fishes and loaves of bread.

Now, if he could turn the water at the Ralph into beer...he'd be a real hit with the fans.

But...I could see him getting all hollier-than-thou at press conferences after a loss...breaking out the cross...showing the holes in his hands and feet to make you feel bad...that sort of thing.

566979[/snapback]

don't forget the battle of egos with JP as to which one of them is really the Bills Saviour

Martz? As in Mike Martz? The guy with the sludge critters in his pump? The guy that told the Rams coaching staff that none of them should show up for the last game of the season?

I'd rather have Wayne Fontes, thank you very much.

Martz? As in Mike Martz?  The guy with the sludge critters in his pump?  The guy that told the Rams coaching staff that none of them should show up for the last game of the season?

I'd rather have Wayne Fontes, thank you very much.

566986[/snapback]

OK how bout this one:

Wayne Fonts or Rich Kotite? :doh:

Vermeil, Schottenheimer, or Ferentz.  Those may not be realistic, but that's who I want to coach the Bills to answer your question.

566964[/snapback]

That's just it. With the minor exception of Ferentz, those are unrealistic choices. Everyone is complaining about Haslett, Martz, Sherman, etc. but those are the names that are out there like it or not.

That's just it.  With the minor exception of Ferentz, those are unrealistic choices.  Everyone is complaining about Haslett, Martz, Sherman, etc. but those are the names that are out there like it or not.

567008[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm just saying I don't like it.