Hire Mike Martz please and clean up this mess!

mikecole1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So Martz had a health problem this year that he got past. He wants to return. He got sabotaged by his front office if you dig deep at all. Super Bowl ring as an OC and an NFC championship. Playoffs every year until this year when he left with a winning record before they went south.

Ask Kurt Warner what he thinks about Martz as a coach. Who do you want to bring in. Another rookie? We've had that.

564268[/snapback]

Not sure to what extent these things carry over, but do you have any idea how bad the Rams were on the road? Did you enjoy losing on the road all the time this year? That's a hump a team has to get over if it's going to work toward a Super Bowl. If you can't win on the road, you may as well have a crappy OL to go with it.

Does it carry over? Who knows. But every time they would show him on the sidelines during a game, he had the look of a man who just found out his 50-year-old wife, who he hasn't had sex with since before the draft, is pregnant with twins. He looks perpetually stunned by whatever is happening in front of him.

If this new staff hires Martz, they will severely be testing a lot of people's fandom. Including mine. They may as well hire Rich Kotite. I'm sure HE'S available...

Not sure to what extent these things carry over, but do you have any idea how bad the Rams were on the road? Did you enjoy losing on the road all the time this year? That's a hump a team has to get over if it's going to work toward a Super Bowl. If you can't win on the road, you may as well have a crappy OL to go with it.

Does it carry over? Who knows. But every time they would show him on the sidelines during a game, he had the look of a man who just found out his 50-year-old wife, who he hasn't had sex with since before the draft, is pregnant with twins. He looks perpetually stunned by whatever is happening in front of him.

If this new staff hires Martz, they will severely be testing a lot of people's fandom. Including mine. They may as well hire Rich Kotite. I'm sure HE'S available...

564316[/snapback]

How anyone can look at what Rich Kotite has done and what Martz has done and make a comparison is assinine. Are you kidding me? Hey the guy's got a super bowl ring, which to me in 25 years as a Bills fan that means something. My point is we hired GW becaise he had the neatest color coated folders. I'll take someone with a good track record. It's amazing how people are nit picking Martz for not running Marshall Faulk a few more times in that super bowl.

You're telling me Haslett is that much better than Mike Martz as a head coaching choice. I am not buying that.

How anyone can look at what Rich Kotite has done and what Martz has done and make a comparison is assinine. Are you kidding me? Hey the guy's got a super bowl ring, which to me in 25 years as a Bills fan that means something. My point is we hired GW becaise he had the neatest color coated folders. I'll take someone with a good track record. It's amazing how people are nit picking Martz for not running Marshall Faulk a few more times in that super bowl.

You're telling me Haslett is that much better than Mike Martz as a head coaching choice. I am not buying that.

564327[/snapback]

Rob Johnson has a Super Bowl ring too. You wanna bring him back to take snaps? That is a lame ass argument.

Martz doesn't have a good track record. He took Dick Vermeil's team and ran it into the ground in short order. He's Barry friggin' Switzer in a dome.

Mike Mularkey would've had success with the teams Martz "coached" in the division he "coached" in.

Rams' fans sure thought alot of him. B-)

Dig a little deeper and maybe you'll even discover he was the GM too.  B-)

564339[/snapback]

So we'll hire Dick Jauron instead. That's who's being mentioned. Or Ron Rivera another unproven. Meanwhile Martz has interviewed with the Saints. They'll make it to the playoffs next year or the year after and we'll be spinning our wheels a couple more years. Mark my words. I was begging on here for Tom Coughlin two years ago and the masses wanted MM.

So we'll hire Dick Jauron instead. That's who's being mentioned. Or Ron Rivera another unproven. Meanwhile Martz has interviewed with the Saints. They'll make it to the playoffs next year or the year after and we'll be spinning our wheels a couple more years. Mark my words. I was begging on here for Tom Coughlin two years ago and the masses wanted MM.

564354[/snapback]

You must have been reading a different message board Mr. 23 posts...... ain't no masses here that wanted Mularkey.

JDG

You must have been reading a different message board Mr. 23 posts......  ain't no masses here that wanted Mularkey.

JDG

564362[/snapback]

Good, go ahead lobby on here for Ron Rivera, Dick Jauron or Jim Haslett. I wish you luck as a Bills fan. What the !@#$ do you want me to tell you?

Good, go ahead lobby on here for Ron Rivera, Dick Jauron or Jim Haslett. I wish you luck as a Bills fan. What the !@#$ do you want me to tell you?

564372[/snapback]

What does this have to do with you saying that most people wanted mularkey? B-)

You must have been reading a different message board Mr. 23 posts......  ain't no masses here that wanted Mularkey.

JDG

564362[/snapback]

You're wrong. There were no objections to hiring Mularkey whatsoever on here. I don't remember anyone calling for Tom Coughlin or anyone else on these boards two years ago. All I know is Coughlin didn't even get an interview. People were just happy to have an offensive coordinator here.

You're wrong. There were no objections to hiring Mularkey whatsoever on here. I don't remember anyone calling for Tom Coughlin or anyone else on these boards two years ago. All I know is Coughlin didn't even get an interview. People were just happy to have an offensive coordinator here.

564387[/snapback]

You must have been talking about a different forum than from what I was reading too.

564387[/snapback]

You have no clue. There were alot of people who wanted Coughlin. The most vocal was JSP. After last season, no one wanted Coughlin and were quite happy with Mularkey.

The best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging, private.

Martz would know enough to get an offensive line. That's all I care about.

564412[/snapback]

You mean because the OLine they went into the season with was so good? Ask the THREE QBs the Rams had injured this season just how good that OLine is and how much fun it is to be responsible for the extra rusher about 75% of the time.

Orlando Pace and the Pacettes.

First of all, Coughlin was only interested in the Giants job. It was the talk around the league at the time that Coughlin was the Giants' man all along and that Coughlin only wanted that job.

Second, it was considered something of a joke around here at the time that with all the head coach speculation, Donahoe would just hire some Steeler crony like Mike Mularkey. And lo and behold, he ended up doing just that! Once we started hearing Mike speak to the media was when people around here began to consider that he might work out.

Martz would know enough to get an offensive line. That's all I care about.

564412[/snapback]

Yeah maybe he could give John St Clair another couple million.

From ESPN's Len Pasquarelli:

"One of the criticisms of Martz and the Rams is that they often concentrated too much on acquiring offensive skill position players to add to an already impressive arsenal, and permitted the line to fall into disrepair.

A Rams veteran told ESPN.com that the line badly needed reinforcement. "It's been like a cut-and-paste thing," he said. "It's almost as if they feel we can just get by with what we've got."

You go Mike!

Hire Mike Martz and pay him the goddamn money he asks for. He's the best guy out on the market if you consider NFL record and experience. Check his resume. However he fares he's not going to be a deer in headlights. I'm sick of this franchise taking chances with untested and unproven dopes. Even if they prove to be good coaches the Bills end up paying for their learning curve. Why does this franchise always bottom feed? Half the time we won't even bring the best three or four candidates in for an interview (Martz and pick whoever you like). I was clamoring on here two years ago to bring in Tom Coughlin for at least an interview - you can't argue with his record since then either. It's an absolute goddamn joke.

564223[/snapback]

Mike Martz, is his own worst enemy. No way in hell do we want him.