There is more to this than meets the eye

Tolstoy

I don't care who says what, but this resignation has something to do with chemistry between Levy and Mularkey. What, Mularkey decides to stay on when TD gets fired, then works with Levy one week, and then decides to quit???? Over a difficulty getting assistant coaches??? That is a lame reason.

No way. I think he decided that he couldn't work with Levy. Why? I don't know. Personnel decisions? Perhaps.

The whole resignation surprises me. Levy is a coach's GM if there ever was one, and I can't understand why a guy wouldn't want to work for him, especially a guy who is as driven and ambitious as Mularkey for an NFL coaching position.

This story will come out sooner or later. Mark my words.

Laughable. How can Levy, a guy admired for his leadership, abilities and tgrack record, be someone Mularkey couldn't work with?

I think maybe, if anything, its RW that he has an issue with. Maybe RW is exerting to much control. And not being able to find the right guys for the job.

Give MM some credit, he had the guts to walk away from something most would continue on with little or no desire or passion.

Moreover, this is a slap in the face to Levy.  By resigning, Mularkey just told the rest of the league: "this guy Levy is a joke, and I refuse to be a part of this charade."

563845[/snapback]

:blink: ...True...MM just told the League..."That Hall Of Famer Levy is a complete joke..."

Come on Bro...Think about it...If there is one thing that Levy is throughout the League...it is HIGHLY respected...

or maybe MM realized he really has only 1 year to turn things around. he saw how things progressed in 2005, looked at the talent (or lack thereof) on the roster, and decided it would be better to just bow out now and let someone else clean up TD/GW/MMs mess

John Clayton was just on ESPN News and said it had nothing to do with Mularkeys family. Mularkey did not like the direction the organization was heading and felt he could not successfully bring in assiatant coaches or free agents to Buffalo.

This is a critical time for the Bills. Ralph better open up the pocketbook and get the best possible coach in hear or our transformation into the Arizona Cardinals will be complete.

Well, ESPN just posted on its website that the reasons were all PROFESSIONAL and not family. MM didn't feel like this situation is conducive to winning!!!

563863[/snapback]

And after all...If anyone knows what is conducive to winning...it's MM... :blink:

Laughable. How can Levy, a guy admired for his leadership, abilities and tgrack record, be someone Mularkey couldn't work with?

I think maybe, if anything, its RW that he has an issue with. Maybe RW is exerting to much control. And not being able to find the right guys for the job.

Give MM some credit, he had the guts to walk away from something most would continue on with little or no desire or passion.

563851[/snapback]

just like he had the guts to refuse to fire his entire staff :blink:

Moreover, this is a slap in the face to Levy.  By resigning, Mularkey just told the rest of the league: "this guy Levy is a joke, and I refuse to be a part of this charade."

563845[/snapback]

Tolstoy was a jerk and a joke, Marv is not.

Ralph and Marv made a mistake keeping MM...plain and simple. The organization wasn't conducive to winning, because MM was still there. No one was going to come into that situation. For being their first big decision together, it was a poor one. They set up MM, and the Bills, to fail.

Now maybe they can put all this behind them and start fresh.

John Clayton was just on ESPN News and said it had nothing to do with Mularkeys family.  Mularkey did not like the direction the organization was heading and felt he could not successfully bring in assiatant coaches or free agents to Buffalo.

This is a critical time for the Bills.  Ralph better open up the pocketbook and get the best possible coach in hear or our transformation into the Arizona Cardinals will be complete.

563861[/snapback]

More importantly than ANY of this is:

The red-headed Jill is my favorite. Nice avatar! B-)