MOULDS TO EAGLES FOR OWENS

29th ranked offense

5 & 11 record

have made the playoffs since forever

bills had better take their shot at the most dominant WR in the league while they can

568861[/snapback]

Here's what I'm seeing in this thread, jd.

A few think TO would be good for/help the Bills.

Some don't think he'd be a good fit.

There's a contingent that like his talent, but don't want him in Buffalo.

Then there are those who would take in a heart-beat, warts and all.

But, almost eveyone seems to be pretty solid on one point:

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN :lol:

Have a great day, dude.

:lol:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN  :lol:

Have a great day, dude.

:lol:

568876[/snapback]

it's a fact TO will go somewhere. it's almost certain it wont be to an NFC team. you can dismiss pretty much all the playoff teams because they dont need to do something that could seem risky. that leaves the bills and a handful of teams as the only place for TO. With Rosenhaus as McGahee's agent and the goodwill with the Bills - among several other factors -- Bills are most likely place for TO.

deal with it haters :lol:

man when will this stupid thread end... over 100 posts for such foolishness!!

568960[/snapback]

this is the best time to get TO. worst time was when eagles got him because his ego was exploding and he didnt see any downside to his antics. now he knows the consequences and one more screw up and he's out of the game. WAS TO immature and selfish? absolutely. is there good reason to believe he wont be in the future? Absolutely. NOW is the time to get TO -- let's hope Bills realize it to and give the badly lacking offense the huge shot in the arm it needs.

Why would anyone, let alone the Bills, trade for TO when its a decent shot he'll get released and could be picked up for nothing.

Plus, that Moss trade didn't provide a shot in the arm for Oakland.

569506[/snapback]

TO is not Moss. TO is much more physical and he can dominate a game unlike Moss who is essentially a deep threat only. When TO was focused he got the Eagles to a Super Bowl.

Makes a great deal of sense and has a good chance of happening. Here's some of the reasons why:

- not only do eagles not want to trade TO to a team within their division, that don't want to trade him within the NFC conference. this reduces the list to AFC teams-only;

- eagles think Moulds will fit in well with their mid-passing range system, that emphasises yards-after-catch;

- Owens and Moulds are the same age, both turning 33 this year;

- Eagles like Moulds reputation for working with young receivers like Lee Evans;

- Bills, with the 29th ranked offense, have everything to gain and nothing to lose signing Owens to an incentives-laden contract;

- Bills feel they need a bigger receiver to round out their receiving corps which is made up mostly of receivers under 6 feet;

- Bills are one of the few teams Owen's agent Drew Rosenhaus has a good relationship with, having made Willis McGahee (i.e. one of Rosenhaus's clients) a 1st-round pick when other teams had passed on him;

- Rosenhaus recently asked permission from the Eagles to seek a trade for Owens. Eagles granted permission, demonstrating they are looking to get something for Owens.

562705[/snapback]

i think you have lost your mind.

Who would be throwing the ball to TO?? JP, thats who. if you thaught TO went off on McNabb and Garcia, what do you think he will do to JP??

i think the idea of getting rid of moulds is a HORRIBLE idea. hes not getting any younger, and may take a good chunk of cap space... but right now, he is the single most important part of our offense. not McGahee, not JP (or Holcomb), not our O-Line (cus its not very good), not Evans... its Moulds. i jsut dont see anyone else out there that we could replace him with that would do what he does for less money.

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN  :pirate:

Have a great day, dude.

:doh:

568876[/snapback]

But it could happen, couldn't it? In honor of MLK we need a jd "I have a Dream" speech.

Same deal.

1. What makes you believe that TO will suddenly act logically.  Him coming makes sense theoretically, but he has been stupid rather than fiollow good theory before so what's different. An argument about what makes sense just does not fly no matter how much sense it makes.

2. What makes you believe that RW and Marv will decide that TO will now embrace the logical, particularly when if/when he does not they have goneagainst the "character" dictum.

Add onto these two factors that now with MM gone, there is no there there for TO to fit into.  HC first then we can begin to think about TO but not TO first and then choose an HC.

564878[/snapback]

what makes you think a guy thats going to be 33, realizes how costly his antics are, that he has one more chance, and wants to make as much money as possible knowing he only has about 3 years left at the top of his game, won't change?

Yeah, but flat out- Why do you believe that TO will be logical when he has shown no signs of logic in his exit from Philly?

Even if one can make an objective case based on objective measures beyond it being the reasonable theory for his behavior, why should Marv and the Bills believe in him?

Failing a case based in some objective measures in addition to the theory that it would be the intelligent thing for TD to do it is virtually impossible to see this happening.

562813[/snapback]

I dont think logic is a factor- I think he has a personality disorder that causes him to behave irrationaly

The Bills had a good relationship with Drew R???  Noooo..  TD had the relationship with Drew R...

TO is due a 7 million dollar roster bonus.  So when making a trade remember we have to shell out 7 million.  After feeling he got hosed with the Philly deal no way he signs for an incentive deal.  He wants money up front.  This is also the man that nullified a trade with Baltimore...  I dont think we wanted to play with Kyle Boller so why would he want to play with JP?

Also Buffalo is not exactly the media market that TO wants to be in.  Mr Me...  wants to be in a NY or Miami market..

Come on.  Can we stop the TO stuff...

562717[/snapback]

This pretty much reflects my opinion on the subject. It's not going to happen.

if a movie about gay cowboys can win best picture, then TO can become a Bill :huh:

570724[/snapback]

For the record, I think pretty much all cowboy movies (well, at least MOST) are really about gay cowboys. They're just much more subtle. 0:)

Worse than Jim Kelly for (take you pick) OC, HC, Mayor, President?  :huh:

571577[/snapback]

not sure how you can say that. think of what the pats, jets and fins would think if bills got TO? they'd all feel very threatened knowing that for an impotent 5 & 11 team headed no where, that a move like this could turn the tables in the division. and if it doesn't so what? the bills can't get any worse.