Has The "R" Word Replaced The "P" Word?

R. Rich

Over the past few years, I've gotten so tired of everyone overusing the P word: plays. "We didn't make enough plays" has become so generic now. It seems like there's a new buzz word going around in NFL circles these days: respect. If we're to believe the quotes we get from players and coaches, nobody in the league gets any respect. As the late Nancy Marchand's character Livia Soprano would say, "Oh, poor you!" Get over it! You people are in the pros, for crying out loud! Stop your whining about how nobody loves you.

Over the past few years, I've gotten so tired of everyone overusing the P word:  plays.  "We didn't make enough plays" has become so generic now.  It seems like there's a new buzz word going around in NFL circles these days:  respect.  If we're to believe the quotes we get from players and coaches, nobody in the league gets any respect.  As the late Nancy Marchand's character Livia Soprano would say, "Oh, poor you!"  Get over it!  You people are in the pros, for crying out loud!  Stop your whining about how nobody loves you.

562662[/snapback]

I respect your position.

Over the past few years, I've gotten so tired of everyone overusing the P word:  plays.  "We didn't make enough plays" has become so generic now.  It seems like there's a new buzz word going around in NFL circles these days:  respect.  If we're to believe the quotes we get from players and coaches, nobody in the league gets any respect.  As the late Nancy Marchand's character Livia Soprano would say, "Oh, poor you!"  Get over it!  You people are in the pros, for crying out loud!  Stop your whining about how nobody loves you.

562662[/snapback]

I think that is a direct result of the sheer volume of media surronding the NFL. I mean Sportscenetr on 24/7, NFL Live, all the pregame shows, Inside the NFL, not to mention a friggen channel devoted 100% to the NFL.

Of course, then you have a little duhickey called the internet. And you know these guys are all soaking that all in, and when one guy from one show says he thinks another team will beat said team, well then, we get no respect.

562662[/snapback]

Find out what it means to me?