LOST - "The 23rd Psalm"

duey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they all might be in some type of purgatory to get another chance before judgment. Everything on the Island has two things in common, they are castaways and they all have unfinished business in life.

I thought they all might be in some type of purgatory to get another chance before judgment.  Everything on the Island has two things in common, they are castaways and they all have unfinished business in life.

563647[/snapback]

That was a common thought in Season one, but the Producers nixed that idea and said flat out that it was not purgatory...that is if you believe the producers.

But you are certainly right, everyone on the island is battling with past demons and looking for redemption in one form or another. So maybe it's not purgatory in the religious sense as in they're dead, but an earthy purgatory set up by the Darmah Initiative? I would make as much sense as any other explanation.

That being said, I'm not sure what exactly is going on yet:)

My buddy just sent me this after looking at his Tivo version. About the smoke.

--------------------------------

In the order they appear:

a church

a small nigerian boy

nigerian lady that sold the statues

the old man he shot at the begining

echo coming out of water in the plane crash

one of the nigerian drug runners before he got on the plane

a nigerian lady

echo holding his brother wen he was shot

and jesus on the cross

------------------------------

Now, I only got two faces when I saw it....but who knows. This was just something he sent me figured I would send it along....

562564[/snapback]

Wow, I didn't even realize that there was anything in the smoke. Maybe it's my bad eyes or my TV but that's interesting. I thought last night's episode was very good! I also liked Eco's back story.

Wow, I didn't even realize that there was anything in the smoke.  Maybe it's my bad eyes or my TV but that's interesting.  I thought last night's episode was very good!  I also liked Eco's back story.

564110[/snapback]

It happens so fast that the only way to see is to pause it and go frame by frame. The link with the pictures though has all of 'em.

It happens so fast that the only way to see is to pause it and go frame by frame. The link with the pictures though has all of 'em.

564198[/snapback]

Well, I'm one of the unlucky people that don't have TIVO so I'm not able to watch frame by frame. But it's these things, like the pics in the black smoke, that make the show so cool.

Well, I'm one of the unlucky people that don't have TIVO so I'm not able to watch frame by frame.  But it's these things, like the pics in the black smoke, that make the show so cool.

564371[/snapback]

Thats okay. I posted a link I found on the net (a bunch of em) that show each picture in the smoke. It's somewhere in this thread....(pg 3 of the thread)

a quick question...does anyone know the call letters on the beechcraft drug plane that crashed? Have we ever seen them (they should be on the tail, so anyone with TIVO maybe could check back to this past episode)?

earthy purgatory set up by the Darmah Initiative? I would make as much sense as any other explanation.

That being said, I'm not sure what exactly is going on yet:)

563783[/snapback]

I think you may be right. The Darmah group may have set up a Utopian society on the Island with a security/defense system and a proving ground to determine who is worthy or in Goodwins words who is “good” and who is “bad”. This would explain why the Black Smoke judges people by peering into their minds and killing the unworthy ones and letting the good one go. You can’t kill children because they are innocent so that’s why they were taken by the “others” into Utopia.

I think you may be right.  The Darmah group may have set up a Utopian society on the Island with a security/defense system and a proving ground to determine who is worthy or in Goodwins words who is “good” and who is “bad”.  This would explain why the Black Smoke judges people by peering into their minds and killing the unworthy ones and letting the good one go.  You can’t kill children because they are innocent so that’s why they were taken by the “others” into Utopia.

565009[/snapback]

Do we have any evidence of the Black Smoke actually killing anybody?

As I mentioned before, that sound is the same sound the Oceanic plane made as it was crashing.

565378[/snapback]

It was also the same sound the plane made when it was breaking up in the air. Could the smoke have caused the plane crash?

It was also the same sound the plane made when it was breaking up in the air.  Could the smoke have caused the plane crash?

565385[/snapback]

Could be. I know I heard it said somewhere before (on this board) that people thought the "monster" caused the crash in the first place. You and sloth may be on to something.

I am just glad the show is back on the air. The last 4 episodes have been great.

Could be. I know I heard it said somewhere before (on this board) that people thought the "monster" caused the crash in the first place. You and sloth may be on to something.

I am just glad the show is back on the air. The last 4 episodes have been great.

565500[/snapback]

I'd bet my left nut thats the case.

a quick question...does anyone know the call letters on the beechcraft drug plane that crashed? Have we ever seen them (they should be on the tail, so anyone with TIVO maybe could check back to this past episode)?

564989[/snapback]

the reason i ask is because my girlfriend brought up a good point. It may be coincidence, but nothing on this show ever is. She said "notice how ecko and charlie were brought together with the plane, and ecko and charlie are military letter call signs."

Also, fwiw, mike (michael) is the call sign for M...

just more stuff to think about...

the reason i ask is because my girlfriend brought up a good point. It may be coincidence, but nothing on this show ever is. She said "notice how ecko and charlie were brought together with the plane, and ecko and charlie are military letter call signs."

Also, fwiw, mike (michael) is the call sign for M...

just more stuff to think about...

565639[/snapback]

Bravo!

And they play Golf on the island

And wasn't Hurley in a Hotel before departing Australia

And was Ethan from Quebec?

And maybe Eko is of Zulu descent?

And maybe the plane was carrying a Kilo of heroin?

And maybe the plane was on it's way to India, or Lima?

And maybe Sawyer is Romeo to Kate's Juliet?

And will Charlie ever play Papa to Aaron again?

Did any of this occur in November?

It might all be tied to phoenetic alphabet!

Bravo! 

And they play Golf on the island

And wasn't Hurley in a Hotel before departing Australia

And was Ethan from Quebec?

And maybe Eko is of Zulu descent?

And maybe the plane was carrying a Kilo of heroin?

And maybe the plane was on it's way to India, or Lima?

And maybe Sawyer is Romeo to Kate's Juliet?

And will Charlie ever play Papa to Aaron again?

Did any of this occur in November?

It might all be tied to phoenetic alphabet!

565855[/snapback]

:w00t: