what coffee do you drink

millbank

I'm  big fan of Sumatra.  It's got big flavor, lots of caffeine and is very low in acid (so it's not hard on the stonach).  Of course, a nice expresso is always appreciated as well.

I agree with the Diver that the French Press is the way to brew.

Now if you're REALLY adventurous and have excess cash to throw away, you may want to try some Kopi Luwak:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

If you try it, please lemme know how it tastes.

560006[/snapback]

It's pretty good. Friend bought some just to try it.

Hear's a little blurb from his write-up....

The scent of the Kopi Luwak coffee is rich and spicy, and definitely not unpleasant (we're assuming that the beans are well-cleaned from their, um, harvested state). With that, we took our first tastes. The first sip of the brew was definitely a shocker. It leapt into your mouth the feline ferocity, and was a combination of... wow, it was hard to tell. Subsequent sips, once your palate was accustomed to the particular taste, were quite pleasant.

It was definitely spicy, maybe a little bit musky too -- but with the sweetest aftertaste. There was no bitterness that you often find in the more robust brews, it was almost like there was a coating of sugar on your mouth after the sip washed down (and we were drinking coffee the way it's meant to be, folks: straight up black).

It's pretty good. Friend bought some just to try it.

Hear's a little blurb from his write-up....

The scent of the Kopi Luwak coffee is rich and spicy, and definitely not unpleasant (we're assuming that the beans are well-cleaned from their, um, harvested state). With that, we took our first tastes. The first sip of the brew was definitely a shocker. It leapt into your mouth the feline ferocity, and was a combination of... wow, it was hard to tell. Subsequent sips, once your palate was accustomed to the particular taste, were quite pleasant.

It was definitely spicy, maybe a little bit musky too -- but with the sweetest aftertaste. There was no bitterness that you often find in the more robust brews, it was almost like there was a coating of sugar on your mouth after the sip washed down (and we were drinking coffee the way it's meant to be, folks: straight up black).

560083[/snapback]

Far out. Mebbe I'll give it a try if I see it.

Thanks

French Blend for me.  Costco has a brand that I enjoyed (not sure if they still carry), I believe it was San Fransisco something or other. 

559903[/snapback]

I think its "San Francisco Bay " brand I believe. Its my favorite for taste and you can't beat the price either. I think its $8 for 5lbs. Could be wrong on that but I know its way cheaper than buying the stuff at Safeway or something.