Ready To Mock My Bills Mock Draft ?

Mark VI

I guess I should start this with how my Draft is affected by March Free Agency.

I'm hoping the Bills target a couple solid people for the trenches. On the Offensive side, LeCharles Bentley for either Center or Guard. A Pro Bowler at either position. Throw him the $$ and cure a big worry. Consider some other Guards, OT's in addition, like Neal of the Pats. If we could sign 2 UFA OL, I'd be thrilled.

At Defensive Tackle, Maake Kemoeatu of Baltimore or Grady Jackson. Both are true 2 gap DT's who draw the double team and clog the middle. No more Ron Edwards, please. Sign one of them. Both would be fantastic ! :unsure:

I'm sure the Bills will find a couple other bargains at positions of need. A vet WR to replace Moulds wouldn't surprise me.

My targets at Pick #8 would be OT Ferguson and DE Williams. In reality, I think it would be an amazing upset if one of the 2 dropped to our spot. I think Ngata is OK and I'd be fine with the pick but he's not the big talent like Ferguson or Williams. So look for a trade partner and drop down a bit into the first round, conservatively picking up an extra #3.

Let's draft

1. Marcedes Lewis - TE - UCLA - 6-6 256 4.7

He can block pretty good and run and catch like a WR. Could be a special player at the next level. With Everett coming back, the Bills could rediscover the TE. The current 3 ( Campbell,Euhus,Neufeld) are junk. With Moulds leaving, he could be a huge asset for Losman and help draw the safety off Evans deep.

2. Davin Joseph - OG - Oklahoma - 6-3 312

Excellent blocker in the running game. Good pass blocker. Solid at either Guard position. Fights to the whistle and has a lot of talent. Strong and gets excellent push. Could and would start immediately.

3a. Babatunde Oshinowo - DT - Stanford - 6-2 330

A true 2 Gap DT who is uber strong and draws the double team. Not much of a rusher but his job is to clog/close the running lanes. Excellent at doing that and wrapping up the RB. Would immediately be put into the DT rotation.

3b. Adam Stenavich - OT - Michigan - 6-5 321

Always liked his run blocking. Strictly a RT with average to good footwork in pass blocking. His talent is burying people in the running game. Could also start immediately, while Peters moves to LT. Strong and experienced.

3c. Pat Wadkins - Free Safety - Florida St. - 6-4 200 4.5

I saw him leap high and knock away several passes during his career. Fights for the ball and has excellent height and leaping ability. Good athlete. Can find the ball and make a play. Could eventually add about 10 lbs. to his frame, according to reports. Could replace Vincent in the starting lineup by next year.

4. Cedric Humes - RB - Virginia Tech - 6-1 233 4.5

I've always liked this guy. Tough as nails between the tackles and even has a little burst. Deadly on short yardage or near the goal line. I've seen him catch the short pass and make a nice gain. If Willis went down or held out, he could step right in. I realize we have Gates but Shaud Williams does little for me ( no pun intended :doh: ) and Burns can only play ST's. Humes could carry the rock and not wear down. Has the good size and strength with fair speed.

So, there is my thinking for the off-season.

Flame away :D

People on the Wall call me crazy for it, but I think we've got to pick up the best-rated FB, probably with one of the 3rd rounders, maybe the 4th. Who that would be is yet to be seen... Bernstein? And I'm telling you first... This Nick Hartigan kid out of Brown is an absolute gamer. They used him as a rusher (and he set the Ivy league record for TDs) but he can block too, and he's got a body-type kind of like Alstott. Bruiser.

As much as OL has been the problem, in the late going it got more plain that Daimon Shelton was sitting on the couch on Sundays two years ago for a reason.

The OG out of Minnesota looks interesting, but I'd wait to see how he does in the bowls and at the Combine, etc. His durability, tho, is something our OL has lacked for a long time.

I'd want to see if Peters could play LT and give MW one final year at RT before declaring him a bust. That said, we need to draft a replacement/backup this year just in case. I'm comfortable with taking Ngata in the first and finding OT help (it's deeper this year than in the past few seasons) in the 2nd or one of the 3rds.

Later on would be FS, CB and TE. But I tell you, those are fuggin' luxuries at this point.

People on the Wall call me crazy for it, but I think we've got to pick up the best-rated FB, probably with one of the 3rd rounders, maybe the 4th. Who that would be is yet to be seen... Bernstein?

558580[/snapback]

I agree about FB. It can make all the difference in the world. I think 3rd round is a bit high, and there should be no problem grabbing Bernstein in the 4th. He's not much of a threat running or recieving, so a lot of teams will shy away from him, but IMO that's not what a FB is for, and he is the best blocking FB in the draft.

A true 2 Gap DT who is uber strong and draws the double team. Not much of a rusher but his job is to clog/close the running lanes. Excellent at doing that and wrapping up the RB. Would immediately be put into the DT rotation.

558436[/snapback]

I honestly believe that when all is said and done, Oshinowo will be a 1st or 2nd round pick, i'd love to have him. He's the best well kept secret.

I guess I should start this with how my Draft is affected by March Free Agency.

I'm hoping the Bills target a couple solid people for the trenches. On the Offensive side, LeCharles Bentley for either Center or Guard. A Pro Bowler at either position. Throw him the $$ and cure a big worry. Consider some other Guards, OT's in addition, like Neal of the Pats. If we could sign 2 UFA OL, I'd be thrilled.

At Defensive Tackle, Maake Kemoeatu of Baltimore or Grady Jackson. Both are true 2 gap DT's who draw the double team and clog the middle. No more Ron Edwards, please. Sign one of them. Both would be fantastic !  :lol:

I'm sure the Bills will find a couple other bargains at positions of need. A vet WR to replace Moulds wouldn't surprise me.

My targets at Pick #8 would be OT Ferguson and DE Williams. In reality, I think it would be an amazing upset if one of the 2 dropped to our spot. I think Ngata is OK and I'd be fine with the pick but he's not the big talent like Ferguson or Williams. So look for a trade partner and drop down a bit into the first round, conservatively picking up an extra #3.

Let's draft

1. Marcedes Lewis - TE - UCLA - 6-6 256 4.7

He can block pretty good and run and catch like a WR. Could be a special player at the next level. With Everett coming back, the Bills could rediscover the TE. The current 3 ( Campbell,Euhus,Neufeld) are junk. With Moulds leaving, he could be a huge asset for Losman and help draw the safety off Evans deep.

2. Davin Joseph - OG - Oklahoma - 6-3  312

Excellent blocker in the running game. Good pass blocker.  Solid at either Guard position. Fights to the whistle and has a lot of talent. Strong and gets excellent push. Could and would start immediately.

3b. Adam Stenavich - OT - Michigan - 6-5  321

Always liked his run blocking. Strictly a RT with average to good footwork in pass blocking. His talent is burying people in the running game. Could also start immediately, while Peters moves to LT. Strong and experienced.

3c. Pat Wadkins - Free Safety - Florida St. - 6-4 200  4.5

I saw him leap high and knock away several passes during his career. Fights for the ball and has excellent height and leaping ability. Good athlete. Can find the ball and make a play. Could eventually add about 10 lbs. to his frame, according to reports. Could replace Vincent in the starting lineup by next year.

4. Cedric Humes - RB - Virginia Tech - 6-1 233  4.5

I've always liked this guy. Tough as nails between the tackles and even has a little burst. Deadly on short yardage or near the goal line. I've seen him catch the short pass and make a nice gain. If Willis went down or held out, he could step right in. I realize we have Gates but Shaud Williams does little for me ( no pun intended  :lol: )  and Burns can only play ST's. Humes could carry the rock and not wear down. Has the good size and strength with fair speed.

So, there is my thinking for the off-season.

Flame away  :doh:

558436[/snapback]

I love your train of thought on everything but the first pick. A TE????? Unless he is Dave Casper, we have far greater needs. In fact, I would be all for trading the pick but NOT to waste it on a TE.

If we trade down, I could see picking up another LB, such as the kid from Alabama, and perhaps another quarterback (Croyle?). Holcombe will never be the answer, and we should be grooming someone in order to address the ever so great possibility that JP sucks.

Also, if your post assumes that we franchise Nate, I agree with this assumption.

I love your train of thought on everything but the first pick. A TE????? Unless he is Dave Casper, we have far greater needs. In fact, I would be all for trading the pick but NOT to waste it on a TE.

If we trade down, I could see picking up another LB, such as the kid from Alabama, and perhaps another quarterback (Croyle?). Holcombe will never be the answer, and we should be grooming someone in order to address the ever so great possibility that JP sucks.

Also, if your post assumes that we franchise Nate, I agree with this assumption.

559457[/snapback]

William, it's not that crazy an idea, if the lines are addressed.

Personally, I'd still hope we'd draft a pass rusher, if Kiwanuka or Williams are still on the board. Other than that, a very reasonable mock.

Personally, I'd still hope we'd draft a pass rusher, if Kiwanuka or Williams are still on the board.  Other than that, a very reasonable mock.

559781[/snapback]

Are we throwing in the towel wrt Everrett? At what point do we learn from our mistakes? We have at least 5, perhaps as many as 7 weak spots on our lines.

I like the mock except for the top pick, and the cap hit that comes with it.

Personally, I'd still hope we'd draft a pass rusher, if Kiwanuka or Williams are still on the board.  Other than that, a very reasonable mock.

559781[/snapback]

I like Williams a lot and would NEVER trade down if he was sitting there at #8. I'm thinking Kiwanuka may or may not be worth pick #8, much like Ngata. I just wonder about Kiwanukas' size in reference to holding up against the run. Still love his pass rushing effort. I have no such reservations with Williams, who has that Peppers build to him, if not bigger.

Are we throwing in the towel wrt Everrett? At what point do we learn from our mistakes? We have at least 5, perhaps as many as 7 weak spots on our lines.

I like the mock except for the top pick, and the cap hit that comes with it.

559798[/snapback]

Everett is anyones guess but the other 3 on our roster make Zero impact. Look how most good Offenses have a very productive TE. Losman would benefit greatly.

My ideas did cover the OL and DL, BTW. :doh:

Whne do you report for work at One Bills Drive?

Well Done!

Oh, and I was really happy with your TE explanation....The only missing item is a quality FB....Maybe this kid out of Brown would make for a nice Pick up....Brown thats a Levy kinda school isn't it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.