Conflicting messages from Ralph

seq004

Did anyone else notice that at the first PC Wilson said he wants to be more involved yet the later PC he said he will not be looking over anyone's shoulder? I have to believe that Marv will be looking over Mularkey's shoulder and giving advice threw himself and Ralph. I'm not slamming Ralph I'm just a little bit confused as to who's going to be doing what because I got the idea from what I heard at the 1st PC that Wilson will be having more input towards everything not just the draft.

Did anyone else notice that at the first PC Wilson said he wants to be more involved yet the later PC he said he will not be looking over anyone's shoulder? I have to believe that Marv will be looking over Mularkey's shoulder and giving advice threw himself and Ralph. I'm not slamming Ralph I'm just a little bit confused as to who's going to be doing what because I got the idea from what I heard at the 1st PC that Wilson will be having more input towards everything not just the draft.

557014[/snapback]

Being involved in the decision making precludes him from having to look over their shoulder.

557014[/snapback]

It seems pretty clear that Ralph really turned everything over to TD. RW was more or less just a spectator--he wanted to retire. It went terribly wrong, and RW now thinks he can't--or won't--be totally uninvolved. So he wants to talk to people, maybe interview coordinator candidates, not to micromanage but to have an opinion, and to stop something that seems ridiculous from happening, e.g, hiring Kevin Gilbride. Being more involved does not mean heavily involved. It means more than nothing--that's all. I would not worry about this at all, in fact it's a good thing. TD had absolute power, now we have some checks and balances. If all opinions are considered, and then Marv makes decisions, I think this will work far better than the prior dictatorship of TD... just my opinion...Cd

RW just want's to be informed of what's happening, IMO, rather than reading about it in the newspaper. I believe Ralph truly loves the game and his team, and hated being treated like a passive investor by TD.

Marv will keep him in the loop and make him feel like he's important, which it sounds like TD never did. RW can also be more involved on the business side, where Marv says he's not concentrating.

"Input" does not mean "complete control." It means, "input."

In backseat driver terms, Ralph will be saying at the start of the journey, "I think we should take Exit 35, then 88 North." Then sitting back and not yelling, "Watch out! There's a car 300 feet ahead!" or "Oooo, shiny! Stop the car!" I imagine that Marv would be the one advising MM to pump the brakes or to slow down a bit for the curve, b/c he's driven this road before.

557014[/snapback]

Ralph also stated in his first press confrence that the Head coaches assitants were the decisions of the head coaches and he was not going to tell him who to fire or hire. NOW Marv and Ralph will decide who will be the caoching assitnats for Mike with Mike. Sounds like they are trying to get him to quit.

Ralph also stated in his first press confrence that the Head coaches assitants were the decisions of the head coaches and he was not going to tell him who to fire or hire. NOW Marv and Ralph will decide who will be the caoching assitnats for Mike with Mike. Sounds like they are trying to get him to quit.

557059[/snapback]

Uhhhhhh - don't get me wrong, but isn't that what a GM is there to do anyway????

It seems pretty clear that Ralph really turned everything over to TD.  RW was more or less just a spectator--he wanted to retire.  It went terribly wrong, and RW now thinks he can't--or won't--be totally uninvolved.  So he wants to talk to people, maybe interview coordinator candidates, not to micromanage but to have an opinion, and to stop something that seems ridiculous from happening, e.g, hiring Kevin Gilbride.  Being more involved does not mean heavily involved.  It means more than nothing--that's all.  I would not worry about this at all, in fact it's a good thing.  TD had absolute power, now we have some checks and balances.  If all opinions are considered, and then Marv makes decisions, I think this will work far better than the prior dictatorship of TD... just my opinion...Cd

557047[/snapback]

Good post and yes that is what happened. I know Ralph had thought he retired and was letting TD run the complete show since he had such a good rep.....but boy did that go wrong :w00t:

557014[/snapback]

I don't think he really knows what he wants other than to win & to have a good public image. We know TD really pissed him off... maybe taking down signs in the stadium was what finally cost him his job, more than anything else. I bet the Tuesday meeting in Detroit was amazing...flip-flopping all over the place & massive begging to stay.