Tim Krumrie

If I remember right, he made all defensive lineman have a wrestling match with him and at least "held his own".

556883[/snapback]

That's the problem right there. If a 40-year-old is holding his own against 20-somethings, we've got the wrong 20-somethings on the roster.

Also, there's a rumor circulating that Krumrie insisted upon showing video from the Super Bowl of his broken leg flailing around in the air before every team film session. Many of the D-linemen would become nauseous and vomit, ruining everyone's focus on preparation for the upcoming game.

Apparently it was determined that having a D-lineman wrestle his position coach isn't necessarily the best way to assess talent.

556862[/snapback]

Didn't Krumrie jump on Keith McKenzie's back (or was it someone else?) to see if he was healthy enough to come back in training camp?

if krumrie has the SLIGHTEST thing to do with our selects of anderson and banaan, and letting pat and ted washington go (was he here when that happened), and over looking all the DTs that have come through here for FA and drafting then he can go

In Krumrie’s case, checking kids out, means working kids out — and over. He took a course in hand-to-hand combat in the summer of 1999 and makes good use of his knowledge.

“Choke holds, Street fighting, self defense, all that stuff,” explains Krumrie.

http://www.salisburypost.com/2001april/040101london.htm

if krumrie has the SLIGHTEST thing to do with our selects of anderson and banaan, and letting pat and ted washington go (was he here when that happened), and over looking all the DTs that have come through here for FA and drafting then he can go

557554[/snapback]

Krumrie was quite involved in "approving" Tim Anderson per the reports at the time, but I don't know about Banaan.

If you remember, Krumrie wanted out when GW was fired. The Bills wouldn't let him out of his contract at the time. In view of the changes, his job performance notwithstanding, he likely wanted out again. No way does Marv allow anyone to stay that wants out... coach or player.

My take is that he really didn't want to be here and Marv gives him his wish.

If you remember, Krumrie wanted out when GW was fired.  The Bills wouldn't let him out of his contract at the time.  In view of the changes, his job performance notwithstanding, he likely wanted out again.  No way does Marv allow anyone to stay that wants out... coach or player.

My take is that he really didn't want to be here and Marv gives him his wish.

558051[/snapback]

That changes when you are GM. You invest time, signing bonus (players) and guarenteed salaries (coaches). At the very minimum you need to buy your way out. If Willis has a great season next year and Rosenass wants out, do you think Marv is going to say "Go. I know you are unhappy and because Miami lost its backs to prison, you are welcome to go to Miami?" Nope. At minimum a player is traded and a coach goes because the coach agrees to resign.