Do You Really Think That Marv...

OK, like everyone south of Oz, I'm glad Donahoe is goneski and Clements is outski. And it's nice to see Marv back with the organization as well.

But.

Given the inexplicable play calling on offense this year, lo soooooo many times, was it:

A)Clements calling the plays and Mularkey just nodding and drooling along?

or....

B)Mularkey calling the plays and Clements groveling and sniveling along?

If the answer is A, we'll have to see who the new OC is and hold judgement next season.

If the answer is B, will Marv be able to beat any sense into Mularkey (or beat the stupidity out of him)?

If he/Modrak/whoever can find some upgrades for the offensive line, then yes, I do. 'Smash-mouth' doesn't work very well when you can't trust your team to convert a fourth-and-one.

If he/Modrak/whoever can find some upgrades for the offensive line, then yes, I do. 'Smash-mouth' doesn't work very well when you can't trust your team to convert a fourth-and-one.

556632[/snapback]

Bills were more like the mush mouth offense this year...in fact for the entire Donahoe era...

OK, like everyone south of Oz, I'm glad Donahoe is goneski and Clements is outski. And it's nice to see Marv back with the organization as well.

But.

Given the inexplicable play calling on offense this year, lo soooooo many times, was it:

or....

If the answer is A, we'll have to see who the new OC is and hold judgement next season.

If the answer is B, will Marv be able to beat any sense into Mularkey (or beat the stupidity out of him)?

556619[/snapback]

If we get LeCharles Bentley, I think you'll see quite a bit more accuracy out of #7, the best QB I've seen in #7!

But.

or....

556619[/snapback]

I don't know who's going to do the hiring but getting an OC with some talent would be my number one priority. Rumor has it that Donahoe forced Clements on Mularkey. Let's see if MM can find a decent replacement with Marv's help.

I'd give the play calling to Wyche if he is healthy enough. He's prooven his sytems can win. and if they don't suceed here it here, it will answer a lot of the questions over whether or not it is the talent or coaching.

As far as Levy helping with the play calling, he didn't do much of that here, but he did proove that he had no ego about letting whoever was most capable call the plays. That says to me, get a good coordinator because MM was lackluster in calls last season.

I'd give the play calling to Wyche if he is healthy enough.  He's prooven his sytems can win. and if they don't suceed here it here, it will answer a lot of the questions over whether or not it is the talent or coaching.

As far as Levy helping with the play calling, he didn't do much of that here, but he did proove that he had no ego about letting whoever was most capable call the plays. That says to me, get a good coordinator because MM was lackluster in calls last season.

556794[/snapback]

a problem bigger than play calling was the design of the plays.

If MM stays, then that problem will not go away.

Any offense which has your best players operating as decoys needs to be retooled.

I don't know who's going to do the hiring but getting an OC with some talent would be my number one priority.  Rumor has it that Donahoe forced Clements on Mularkey.  Let's see if MM can find a decent replacement with Marv's help.

556643[/snapback]

From what I heard, at the time, Mularkey wanted to bring Mike Hiemerdinger, not Clements, to Buffalo for OC. Cowher offered him the OC in Pitt instead.

From what I heard, at the time, Mularkey wanted to bring Mike Hiemerdinger, not Clements, to Buffalo for OC.  Cowher offered him the OC in Pitt instead.

556919[/snapback]

Mullarkey must have really had strong connections since Hiemerdinger coached at Tennessee

From what I heard, at the time, Mularkey wanted to bring Mike Hiemerdinger, not Clements, to Buffalo for OC.  Cowher offered him the OC in Pitt instead.

556919[/snapback]

Hiemerdinger is with the Jets. Any chance of him coming to the bills since Herman Edwards is going to KC. It is obvious that there is a coaching shake up in jets land.

556632[/snapback]

It also doesn't work when the team abandons the run early or doesn't use it nearly enough even when it's being effective. Just check out the last game of the year. WM was picking up chunks of yardage but only got the rock 22 times. A true smashmouth team would have kept hammering the ball down their throats even if it meant giving other backs some carries.